Age: 26-29


It was too beautiful to wear everyday but it would have been a waste to have left it untouched in its jewelry case, so I opted to wear it on special occasions and just when I had the need to feel it on my person and or to feel special, as Logan had a habit of making me feel. Of course, I should be clear as to what I speak of. I mean the birthday gift that Logan unceremoniously gave to me. It was a necklace, well a beautiful, real sterling silver chain with a snowflake charm. On the tips of the snowflake there were sapphire chips and in the core of the snowflake was a diamond. It had to have cost him a small fortune. I had to thank him immediately, but no ordinary word of thanks would suffice the feeling he had erupted in me.

I put it on immediately hoping that it would give me incite as to how to thank him. It is silly to put so much stock into a single possession but every now and then a goddess is allowed to experience humanity, is she not? Pacing the floor of my loft in bare feet, I found myself perplexed and contagiously happy. How is it that a man that is known for his bravado and killer temper can make me grin like a Cheshire cat well fed on catnip? Damn him for this ability and damn me for feeling it so strongly.

“That is it!” It was as if the snowflake caused an epiphany.

I busied myself with numerous phone calls until my task was done. It took three days but all the paper work was complete and everything was paid for. Now all I had to do was convince him to accompany me. So I went on a Wolverine hunt and found him in the gym practicing Tai Chi. The lights were low and it almost seemed like there was a spotlight directly on him. His movements were methodically slow and circular, he was hypnotizing and captivating, I did not wish to interrupt, sort of.

“So now ya do the voyeur thing, eh ‘Ro?”

“Go pack a bag Logan.” I said catching him in mid stride.

“Come again?”

“Go pack a bag Logan. You are coming with me.” I repeated trying not to laugh at myself or at his expression.

“What? Chuck didn’t do the mind thing, so this can’t be a mission.”

“It is a mission of sorts, a personal mission.”

“Personal, eh? What’re you up to Snowflake?” Caught off guard, I was so caught off guard. It was the first time he used that name. It was unexpected.

“Snowflake?”

“Yeah… Snowflake. Ya gotta problem with that? What’re ya gonna tell me, ‘Do not call me that’, like ya do that Cajun kid when he calls ya Stormy? I know ya like it. I could smell it on ya.” Logan always has some mystical revelation that is proved through his nose. Irritating, but I love it. I had to laugh.

“Pack a bag and meet me in the hanger in an hour.” With that said for the third time, I left and prayed to the Goddess herself that he would adhere to my command.

An hour later, there I was standing in the hanger. The mini-jet was fueled and stocked with the need supplies, enough supplies to last three weeks in fact. There I was and where was he? There I was and where was he? I started to doubt he would show. Fifteen minutes later my face was buried in my hands thinking, “What the hell did I think I was doing?”

“What’re ya doin’ sittin’ there darlin’? I’m ready, where we goin’?” He said while walking past me to board the plane. Stunned I was, to say the least. I sound like Yoda.

Half hour into the flight…

“So where we goin’?”

“It is a surprise.”

“I trust ya Snowflake,” was the last thing that he said before closing his eyes. He did not have the chance to witness a smile creeping on my face, but I am more than positive he knew it was there.

Putting the jet on autopilot, I had a chance to glimpse at his sleeping form. “He is beautiful.” I had no clue as to where that thought came from. I know I thought him to be attractive but I was looking forward to seeing much more of him as he was, sleeping.

Sometime later, I found a place where we could land.

“We are here, Logan.”

“Huh, what?”

“We have landed at our destination.”

Exiting the plane, we had our bags in our hands and as for the rest of the supplies, I wanted to wait until we really reached our destination.

“This place smells familiar, it feels familiar. Canada?

“Yes.”

“Darlin’, what the hell are we doin’ here?”

“This was my way of saying thank you for my birthday gift. I doubt I can ever really repay you for something so beautiful but this was a start.”

“What exactly is this?”

“Look over there, behind those trees.”

“It’s a cabin.”

“Well, you are certainly perceptive, but to be exact this is your cabin. Yours to do whatever you wish to do with. I remembered long ago that you mentioned you once had a cabin here in Canada but then you learned that it could have been a false memory. Well, now you have a cabin here in Canada to make new memories whenever you want.”

He was speechless.

“What, no retort or witty comebacks?”

Logan, the Wolverine, was speechless.

The area was breathtaking and the cabin was homey. It was two-story log cabin with three bedrooms each equipped with a bathroom. Downstairs there was a kitchen and living area. I am not sure if this was more for me or for him but he loved it none-the-less.

I did it for him, there is no doubt.




He instructed me on chopping wood and tending to a fireplace. He was so at home there and it made me happy and comfortable. We took care of each other. When he grew frustrated with small tasks I was there to ease him through it before they well prey to his rage. If the slightest part of me felt tense, he would massage the tension into submission. Although my body temperature regulates itself, he thought I did not dress for the weather, so he allowed me to wear his flannel shirts. “It looks good on you.” It felt good. It smelled like him.

That first week, I would lay on the sofa and he would sit on the floor. There we were staring into the fire and talking. He talked about Paris and Japan. Mariko and Yukio. We talked for so long I would fall asleep on the sofa and wake up in bed. By the second week, I would fall asleep with my head in his lap and wake up in my bed in my nightclothes.

We learned so much about each other in those few weeks. We especially learned that there was a love between us that was unlike any other. He shared with me so much, especially all that he could remember. Nothing meant more to me at that moment then his confessions.

“Thank you Ororo.”

“What was that Logan?”

“I said thank you. Thank you for everything. This cabin, this time that we’ve been spendin’ together…” I knew he was not done, “the fact that you love me.” My eyes were wide in surprise at his revelation. How the hell did he know?

“Wha…how…”

“I could smell it on ya, darlin’. It smells sweet.” Making use of the silence, I turned to him kissed him. I initiated it this time.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought!” He laughed. Settling in his arms I leaned my head on his shoulder. “I knew ya loved me, but that’s okay ‘cause I love ya too, Snowflake.”

Hating to ruin the mood with more talking, “How long have you been wanting to call me Snowflake?” All he could to do was laugh, it was a welcomed sound.

“Honestly Logan, how long have you wanted to give me this necklace? You are not the type to do something, for lack of a better phrase, half-assed. You planned this. How long ago? How long have you loved me? Why did you not stop Forge?”

“You’re right, I did have it planned a long time ago. It jus’ never seemed like there was a right time to give it to ya. When the whole thing with Forge started I thought I missed my chance. You could also say it was love at first sight.”

“Logan when we first met I was nude.”

“Well, at least I knew I was physically attracted to you.” I blushed while he laughed and then things turned serious again.

“Darlin’, uh, there is somethin’ I need ta tell ya. It’s about Forge. You may be happy, you may not.”

“What is it?” I asked him face to face.

“The night he left with Mystique…”

“You can say it. I am not fragile. The night he proposed and then retracted it.”

“Yeah, well, that night. I talked to him before he left…sort of.” He mumbled the last part.

“Talked…sort of? Really, you ‘Talked’ to him for me?” I asked with a raised eyebrow fully aware what he meant by ‘talked’.

“Well, it ain’t like he walked away needin’ another bionic limb.”

“Is that all?”

“Well, no. Don’t get mad at me for this, ‘cause I only slightly feel bad about it.”

“What, what did you do?”

“I slapped that stupid bitch.”

“Logan!”

“Hey, I know hittin’ women ain’t cool, but she soooo had it comin’”

“It is not that. It was your choice of words.”

“’Ro, you’re a real piece of work!”

By the third week, I would fall asleep in his arms and would wake up with him by my side…devoid of clothing. It was wonderful to feel him, literally. We did not have to have sex. He nor I had a nightmare once during our stay and neither of us wanted to go back.

“How about we don’t go back, yet. I wanna spend more time wit’ ya first. A relationship in the mansion ain’t easy. We get wrapped up in shit and stuff gets in the way and…aw, you know ‘Ro.

He could be quite persuasive when he wanted to be, especially when his hand teased places he wanted to get to know.



He wanted to be candid in our relationship and he wanted to know everything about me. He knew so much already and I was not sure I wanted him to know everything about me. That would have required that I let down all defenses. Logan loved me and if he was willing, he of all people, to let down his guard and give himself completely to me, then I had to reciprocate, not out of obligation, but out of total and complete respect and love. So we talked for hours and hours on end. He wanted to know everything that our friendship did not allow and his nose could not detect. I swear sometimes that man is like a human bloodhound.

“So Snowflake, what haven’t we talked ‘bout yet?”

“Good question although I am positive we have not covered everything.”

“Sex.” Was he expecting it? Why did that single word have so much power coming from his mouth?

“Excuse me?”

“That’s one thing we haven’t talked ‘bout yet.”

“There is a reason for that love,” I said while making myself comfortable in his lap. “I do not think it is humanly possible to know everything about a person. But, I also think that if we learn everything tonight we limit the things that we have to look forward to.”

“Oh yeah? And what do we have to look forward to?”

“What the future holds, self-evolution, and this…”

A kiss to his pulse under his earlobe…

“And this…”

A kiss next to the corner of his left eye…

“And this…”

The ultimate act of trust, a kiss to knuckles…

“And finally this…”

A to kiss claim his lips. That is right, I used a word Logan would more than likely use. Claim. I staked a claim on what was mine. Mine. But that is how I felt, possessive. We belonged together and it was finally realized by both parties, he and I. To hell with what anyone else thought, except Remy or Charles. I never outright asked what they thought but in some way, it did matter to me that they approved. Although if they did not, Logan and I still would be as we are now, both refusing to give up something so good.

We engulfed each other on my bed, on top of my sheets. Sex was not going to be had that night, but then again I doubt that Logan and I would ever just have sex. Sex would be too easy. He… we were much more intense. I was content with having him nuzzle my neck and wrap his arms around me as I felt his chest rise and fall into sleep. Occasionally during the night I awoke to a wandering hand but… well, let us just keep it as but.



A month and a half and we both returned to the mansion refreshed and prepared to get back into routine. We kept the relationship to ourselves for a while, but gradually people noticed. They noticed when Logan stopped making advances towards Jean and how he elected to help me in the greenhouse. He was calmer than usually, although he still called Scott a dick amongst other things. Days evolved into years and we still loved each other. What I had with Logan was stronger than anything I had with Forge. I know what it is like to feel like a woman, a leader, respected and loved and when we consummated our relationship I felt physically capable of anything that would ever come my way.

It happened on a rare night when the mansion was completely empty. Scott and Jean were away on a little vacation. Remy wanted alone time away from Rogue. Rogue wanted a ‘down home’ experience. The Professor was with Hank at a conference on Genetics. Everyone else just thought it was going to be a drag around the mansion with so many people gone that they just disappeared. I cannot complain. That left me with Logan. The night was young, and so were we…well, I was for that matter. (Insert laugh here).

“So what do you want to get into tonight, Logan?”

“That’s a loaded question, Darlin’.”

“Oh, you! I meant what do you want to do tonight?”

“Darlin’, you’re really makin’ it way too easy.”

“Humph! Well, while you continue with the sexual innuendos in that thick skull of yours, I am going to watch a movie.”

I found myself in the Rec Room and watching ‘Interview With The Vampire’ for the millionth time. One would think after my stint with Dracula my fascination would have ended. Louis and Lestat had just given birth to Claudia when I could no longer see.

“Logan what are you doing?”

“’Ro,” he warned, “Don’t ya dare touch that blindfold!” It sounded more like a snarl so I opted to listen.

“Do ya trust me darlin’?”

“Y...yes.”

“You hesitated. Do ya really trust me Snowflake?”

“I gave you my heart. I trust you AB-SO-LUTE-LY.”

“That’s good.”

He took my arm and began our walk. In bare feet we walked to where I could only guess was towards the lake. With my eyes covered, I had to use my other senses. I could smells the water, feel the cool breeze from the water and under my feet I felt the leaves and small branches. We made our destination and he sat me down.

“Take it off.”

“That was a loaded statement!” Turnabout was fair play!

“Funny, ‘Ro. Blindfold off. All other items come later.”

I knew I was sitting on a blanket but before me was a lovely candle lit dinner.

“Logan, this is beautiful, but we could have done this in the mansion.”

“I reserve the mansion for other purposes.” He winks.

After dinner, we sat there content in his arms… for a while. His hands gave themselves permission to roam from my waist to under my shirt. He grabbed my breast and I grabbed his thighs. My breast, to him seemed like a source of life and to me his thighs were a source of power. To every action there is an equal reaction and we proved that true that night. He put his hot mouth on my cool neck. I was prey to his vampire. He nicked the skin and tasted my blood. There was something feral and erotic about it. No this was not going to be just sex.

Slowly we made it back to the mansion, still clothed. We entered through the kitchen and I found myself on the counter and my shirt being shredded from my back. That mouth of his certainly does some wonderful things. If I am correct, we left his shirt lodged between the door of the kitchen and the hall to the Rec room. In the Rec room we left my pants and on the stairs to the loft we left his.

What I experienced with Logan that night I have never felt before. With T’Challa, it was not love and it was not like this with Forge either. We were wrapped in each other mentally and physically. He paid attention to every detail. He learned that running his fingertips down my spine elicited a moan from deep in my throat. When I clench my legs tight around him, he growled something guttural. His kisses on my inner thigh causes dark clouds, his tongue on the button of the juncture of my thighs causes lightning. When I swallow him whole he thrashes wildly. But there is nothing like when we join. Sometimes it is like two wild animals unwilling to relinquish control to the other. Other times, one of us is willing to submit to the other. But this all gave way to a peaceful nights sleep after the rainstorm and the thunder.

The next day we were wrapped in each other and it was no longer morning.

“Um, love, what time is it?”

“Don’t know Snowy.”

“Do not dare call me that. Snowflake yes, Snowy no.”

“Okay Snowball.”

“Damn you!” I said jabbing him in his side.

“You love it. Oh, it’s 3.” I shot up in bed.

“3? As in 3 in the afternoon? Shit, shit, shit.”

“Ororo, Such profanity.”

“Damn the jokes Logan. Charles and Hank will be back any moment and our clothes are thrown all over the place. They will surely know what we did and where we did it. I am sure the Rec room is a wreck.” By the time I finished that sentence I was partially dressed.

“Alright darlin’. I’ll be down in a moment. I need to go get some clothes.”

I made my way down the steps and gathered the extra clothes hoping that the Professor and Hank was not back yet. Heading down the stairs with my arms full, my hopes were confirmed, I was wrong. I heard a throat clear and I turned around. Charles was sitting there with my pants, shredded shirt and Logan’s shirt in his lap.

Mortified. I was mortified. For a person of my hue, I learned that turning red was not impossible.

“I do believe that these belong to you and this,” holding up Logan’s shirt, “belongs to Logan.”

Just then we turned and saw Logan walking down the stairs. He uttered the one word I was thinking.

“BUSTED!”

I was soooooooo mortified. Maybe the Professor and Hank will keep this between us. Just then Remy walked through the door.

“Damn, What’d Remy miss?!”





You must login () to review.