Age: 29-30


To be 29 and have a sex life in the mansion of genetically mutated Homo sapiens is almost inconceivable. I say almost because it is manageable, providing the timing. I was mortified as the professor sat there with our carelessly discarded clothes from the night before. How could I have been so impulsive? That is an easy answer; I was with a man who brought out my animal instinct. I loved it. But what I did not love was the shrinking feeling I was slapped with under Xavier’s stare and the undeniable evidence in his lap. I have always felt like his daughter but this was unreal! I was now the daughter who was caught with her boyfriend in a compromising position.

There Logan stood, on the stairs, with a grin on his face. That grin was discontinued as Remy walked through the front door. Assessing the situation almost instantly.

“Good for you Stormy!” he said while kissing my cheek. He headed towards the stair and past Logan and not a word was said between for their eyes held the entire conversation. I almost expected a showdown at sunset.

All day I was waiting for the professor to call me to his office and tell me how irresponsible I was and to basically reprimand me for my behavior. I should have known better. But that never happened. I may be mistaken but I believe I heard him snickering at one point through our mind link.

Things quieted down about that incident. Occasionally I would feel a glance from the professor or from Remy but it was them looking out for me, something I was now accustomed to. Sometimes I think they elevate me so high I can barely live up to their standards. Logan is not only worthy of me but I am fortunate to have him. He understands nature, human nature. He understands me, he may not know everything but we are all afforded our little inner truths.

Our days are filled with things to keep us busy. There are the conferences on Mutant Rights, the leisure time, Systems Checks, Missions, Security checks, team meetings and such things. Our nights are filled with tossed, sweaty sheets or making ripples in the lake. This in no way cuts my time with Remy. We still engage in our late night talks on the roof, occasionally joined my Logan. We have a non-sexual threesome. An understanding. There are nights when Remy cannot sleep and he lays by my side. Being that Logan is sometimes present, they have learned a great deal about each other.

To an outside person the situation may seem perverse: my tendency to have two men in my bed, but it is nothing of the sort. One is my lover, the other my brother. I felt protected. Things gradually changed. Remy frequented my bed less and less, leaving the nights solely for Logan and I. But there are still times that I may wake up in an empty bed and find them talking on the roof.

On such night I awoke to the combined smoke of a cigarette and one of a cigar. Their banter held low and barely audible in the humid night. It was so humid that their words literally hung in the air. I made my way to the roof and it seemed they quieted instantly. Curiously, I raised an eyebrow.

“I sense a conspiracy.”

“Non, Chere, no conspiracy. The Cannuck and I jus’ talkin’ man t’ings. Mostly ‘bout you.”

“Yeah? what was said about me?”

“You know, man stuff.”

“I do not think I like where this conversation is headed therefore I think I will make my way down to the kitchen. Want anything?”

“No. T’anks, Stormy.”

“No ‘Ro, just hurry back,” he said with a pat on my ass. As I was heading down they started to talk again.

“So mon amie, you t’ink you really, really ready ta make you an’ Stormy legal?”

“Yeah, Cajun, I say it’s ‘bout time. Maybe we could st…”

By that point I was out of range and as giddy as an innocent child. He was going to ask me to marry him and I was so happy. But then realization set in. He was going to ask me to marry him. I have traveled the path of proposal before and it did not work out, and ultimately left me broken… temporarily. I loved him and he was no Forge. Definitely not a Forge. If Remy is Casanova, then Logan is Don Juan. He was the missing link to my mystery and the kindling to my fire. I was the reason to his rage. There was no way after knowing something so grand with him that I could do without it. I would marry him. He just had to ask.

The next day after his conversation with Remy on the roof had come and gone and still he not asked. I figured he was not ready yet. I would give him time. After all, I am patient. A week passed and then two, three, a month. I could not take it anymore. I wanted this so bad and my patience had become anorexic. I had to find him. Finding him was not hard at all. He was in the garage with Scott, Remy, Warren, Bishop and Robert working on a vehicle that they seems to never wanted to finish because it was the one area where they would all agree and did the male-bonding they were accused of never taking part in.

I pushed through the dual-swing door and caught their attention immediately.

“Is somethin’ wrong, petite?”

“N…no,” I stuttered, “Well, yes there is.”

“What is it Ororo?” That was Scott, jumping straight into Leader mode. “Is everyone okay?”

“Yes, Scott. All is well except with you.” I said pointed accusingly at Logan.

“Me? What the fuck did I do or didn’t do?”

The winds started to shift and whipped my hair around; my eyes lost their hue.

“She’s pissed!”

“I agree wit’ future cop on dis one mon amie. I ‘ate to be you righ’ now.”

“You want to know what the fuck you did.”

“Stormy, you said the F word.” That earned Robert a lightning bolt to the tool in his hand. I knew he would not speak again until warranted.

“For the past month I have waited patiently and now my patience has worn very thin, therefore I am taking matter into my own hands. We will be married next Autumn.”

That comment raised eyebrows and stunned silence. Logan made his way to me and proceeded carefully to wrap his arms around me.

“Sure Snowflake. I’ll marry ya.”

“In case you are unsure as to what I said, it was not in the form of a question.”

“Your wish is my command. I’ve been meanin’ ta ask you but I had ta find the right time and… Shit, you know me “Ro. I was gonna ask ya but…”

“But you didn’t. You were stringing along this poor woman for weeks.”

“If I were you Warren, I’d shut up before he clips your wings and she fries them,” Scott said. The men laughed and thinking about that moment, it was very funny.

“Now with that said, I feel better. And…”

“And what Darlin’?”

“I think I am going to pass out now.” I did just that.


* * *


The wedding was the most emotional day of my life to date since the death of my parents. I will never again experience going from hot to cold, happy to sad, nervousness to elation in a few seconds time. If it was not for the pictures I wonder if I would remember ever wearing a white strapless gown that had an embroidered blue pattern like those on the tapestries that hang in the Cloisters from the middle ages. The letters of our first name were embroidered on the back and joined by a knot. Just like on the tapestries. The nobles would take the letter of their name and the name of their love and join them with a knot. The dress lined the length of my legs to graze the floor and inch past my toes. The bridesmaids wore navy and the length of their dresses were of a similar nature.

I remember that Charles walked me down the isle. I suppose the word floating would do better in reference to him. We took our time down the isle and enjoyed a mental conversation.

“I am proud to have you as a daughter, Ororo. You have bought me nothing but joy as you grew into the lovely woman you are now. Thank you for the privilege.”

“I should be thanking you, Charles. Without all you have done I do not know where I would be right now. I know I would not be looking at one of the most handsome men I have ever known.”

“Why thank you.” He can be such the comedian when unexpected. “I know you meant Logan. I could not resist.” It was good to hear him laugh. “You two will have beautiful children. I just hope they are not conceived on the kitchen counter.”

My heart could have stopped right there because I was sure that it missed a beat. He was teasing me I know but that event was so mortifying. There he sat with our clothing in his lap. “Busted, busted, busted!”

By the time I got my thoughts truly focused on the event, we were already at the alter, arms intertwined with Logan’s and Charles was acquiescing to giving me away. From there on things were set in a normal pace, except for the beating of my stomach. I am not quite sure that it should have been beating to begin with, but it was. We spoke the words we were beckoned to but with emotion that could not be directed.

“I now pronounce you man and wife. You ma…”The kissing of the bride was well taken care of.

As the best man, Remy made a toast. If roughly boiled down to, “If you do anyt’ing ta eva ‘urt Stormy, you be a dead man. No ‘ealin’ factor gonna bring you back from da level of dead you’d be, homme.” Goddess I am happy that they are friends. The Professor seconded that motion. It was definitely a comedic night for him. Everyone was in such good spirits. Logan and I danced together to a song that I allowed him to choose. I told him the song must come from his heart. I was almost expecting to hear ‘Born To be Wild’, not that I would dance to that anyway. But he came through as always. What most do not know about Logan is that he is a closet Michael Jackson fan. He may call him a flamin’ Nancy-boy in public and may never attend his concert, but he likes his music. I do not think I would know if it was not for me catching him dancing in the mirror to ‘BAD’. May that sight never be tainted. He chose a song from Mr. Jackson’s latest album ‘Invincible’, ‘You are My Life’.


Once all alone
I was lost in a world of strangers
No one to trust
On my own, I was lonely
You suddenly appeared
It was cloudy before, now it’s all clear
You took away the fear
You brought me back to life



We were so close it was hard to tell where I began and he ended. I took in all that he was, inhaled him as I placed my head on his chest. His face buried in my neck, I felt his breath as I listened to him croon the words in my ear.


Chorus
You are the sun
You make me shine
Or more like the stars
That twinkle at night
You are the moon
That glows in my heart
You’re my daytime, my nighttime
My world
You are my life


Now I wake up everyday
With this smile upon my face
No more tears, no more pain
‘Cause you love me
You help me understand
That love is the answer to all that I am
And I’m a better man
You taught me by sharing your life

Chorus

You gave me strength
When I wasn’t strong
You gave me hope when all hope was lost
You opened my eyes when I couldn’t see
Love was always here waiting for me


This song was from his heart. He obviously put every inch of himself into this selection; one would think that Michael wrote this song just for Logan, as if they were personal friends.

“There is a song that I wanted to save for later. It is meant for you and I wanted to wait until we were alone.”

“Don’t worry darlin’ when were alone, you’ll be singin’ a whole new tune.”


* * *


Logan and I departed before the ceremony was over. I would have stayed to the end but at the insistence of Jean and the others, I was to go and quote “Wear out that new husband of mine” unquote. Logan and I left for Cumberland Island, the honeymoon a gift from Warren and Elizabeth. We stayed at Warren’s private house on the beach. He said it has not been used in a long time and we should make use of it. We walked in and instantly admired our surroundings.

“The kid’s definitely got taste.”

“Yes, he does.”

“But I’d rather taste you right now, Snowflake” His penetrating stare is as usual, unbreakable and he knows the way he drags his tongue over his canines drive me wild. Drawing me closer he kissed the hollow part of my throat and then my lips. He released his suctioning of my tongue to tell me I tasted of wine, chocolate and strawberries. I smelled of his favorite scent, lust/love, mixed in with Victoria’s Secret ‘Love Spell’. Most importantly I felt as soft as baby lotion. Until recently I never pictured Logan to be anywhere near a baby, to let alone know what baby lotion felt like.

He tasted like a man, a meat and potatoes kind of man. He was certainly edible by my standards and he knew that by the gentle nips to his bottom lip and the way I captured it between my teeth and lingered over it. There was only one thing I asked of him for the evening. He must keep his claws sheathed. If one thread came out of place, he would become a human conductor for lightning. Hi cool hands on my heated skin as he unzipped, untied and unfastened was sugar to a child, I wanted more. Thankfully he accommodated me.

The rest of the night shifted from gentle to intense reckless abandon. We are seriously going to have to apologize to Warren for one or two things. We found ourselves in bed, finally. I leaned on the headboard cushioned by a harem of pillows. There Logan laid between my naked thighs, with his head against my breast, one arm around my waist and one hand stroking my quad.

“Sing ta me, please Mrs. Logan.” Although he identifies with a single name, I did keep my last name, but he likes to call me by his name and I like it. Like the song we danced to, this was very modern and from my heart. I heard Jean play it once and I fell in love with it instantly.


It’s the only explanation
To the question at hand
Like years of pain gone away
In a single day
There’s nothing that compares
To the way
You make me feel inside
And I’m so glad you’re my…


Chorus
Prince charming, my angel
My king, and my friend
My lover, my one
He is, he is
The beat in my heart
The kiss on my lips
My lover, my one
He is, he is



I smoothed his sweat-slicked hair back, as to not irritate him. He would purr and I could continue to pet him. If I ever thought of him as an animal, it was because he was mine. He is mine and I like those animal noises he makes.


They could take away the money
My fortune and fame
But as long as you stay
Here with me
I would be OK
I look at you
And I see me
Just reflections of the love you made with me
And I’m so glad you want to be my…


Chorus


Bridge
My sun, my shine
My heart, my mind
He is everything
I gotta love you like no one has ever loved before
I gotta give you what you gave baby so much more
I wanna take it fast, but I want to take it slow
Addicted to your love and I can’t let go


Chorus



“Sure hope you were singin’ ‘bout me.”

Our honeymoon continued in much of the same fashion. Walks on the beach, making love under the stars, swimming, sex against a tree or two, watching the wild horses roam, animalistic copulation, serenades followed by the roughest love-making ever. It is amazing that either of us remembered food was a necessity or that I could walk. Then the day came to leave. It was a shame to leave such a paradise.

Within a month of returning to the mansion, he was well moved into the loft and I was pregnant. Although it could be said that Logan and I were together in one way or another for a very long time, it felt a little soon to have a child. The fears began to control me. I did not know if Logan was truly ready to be a father and I was so worried about being a mother. I know at one point Katherine and even Jubilation were, are like daughters to me but I did not raise them completely. I lost my mother at such a young age and I can barely remember what it was like to have a mother. I remember some things, even the smallest things but often they do not seem like enough to guide me in raising my very own child. How do I know when a baby, my baby needs to be fed or when he or she wants to play, needs to be changed. I am pretty sure I will know when the baby needs to be changed, but it was things along those lines that I stressed about. I had no clue as to what I was going to do.





You must login () to review.