“Well here we are.” She said with a heavy sigh.

“Yeah,” He added as they both stood looking up the long winding driveway.

“So this where you two are going, or what?” The Cab driver asked in a huff as he turned around to glare at the couple.

“Yeah,” Logan replied in a near growl and the cabbie turned back around in a haste and steered the cab up the driveway.

“So, what do we tell everyone, you know there will be a hundred questions about our time in Africa.” Ororo asked as she laid her head against Logan’s shoulder.

“We aint gotta tell them nothing, unless ya want ta.”

“What would I say?” She asked.

“That we had a great time and didn’t really want ta come back, and that we got hitched.” Logan said as he looked at her awaiting her reaction.

“We don’t have to tell them ‘that’.”

“Which ‘that’?”

“That part about getting married, there is really no point, and is none of their business. That was for us remember?”

“Well I think tha name change will peak someone’s interest.” Logan said as he exited the parked cab and moved to the back to get out their luggage, as Ororo did the same.

“Well…there is no name change.”

“What don’t tell me yer gonna be tha independent type that don’t take her husband’s name.” Logan said with a chuckle.

“No that is not what I mean,”

“Well what do ya mean?” Logan asked stopping his action to look at her, knowing she was keeping something from him. She didn’t answer but tried busying herself with her luggage. “Ro?” He continued and she looked up at him nervously, just as the front door opened and Jubilee and Gambit came out.

“Roro!” Jubilee exclaimed as she rushed to her friend, pulling her into a type embraced. Ororo focused her attention to her friend, happy for the interruption, but she could still feel Logan’s eyes burning into her.

“Logan, mon ami,” Gambit said as he lightly slapped his best friend on the back. “How was de trip, you bring Gambit a present, no?”

“Save it Gumbo,” Logan mumbled as he pushed past his friend and moved to Ororo, grasping her arms and turning her to face him. “Ro, what did ya mean?”

“Logan, I don’t think now is the time…”

“Well I think it is, for the past couple of days since we’ve been preparing ta come home, ya’ve been actin funny. What’s goin on Ro, I’m yer husband I have a right ta know.”

“Husband,” Jubilee and Gambit repeated in unison as they stared at their friends.

“Logan,” Ororo hissed, mad that he had blurted it out so.

“What, are ya ashamed of it…now?”

“No, just did not see the point in announcing it…”

“Why tha hell not, we are married darlin…”

“NO! We are not.” Ororo yelled into his face, which fell at her words.





You must login () to review.