“Logan I said I was sorry I did not tell you, I just…” She sat silently leaning against the wall outside his door, where she had sat for nearly an hour, with him growling, cursing and throwing things about on the other side. The door suddenly flung open, startling her and she abruptly jumped to her feet as Logan now glared at her.

“Just what?” He hissed the brims of his eyes red, and for a moment Ororo wonder if he had been crying, but then quickly dismissed it as rage, as she watched his shoulder heave up and down in a rapid method, as if he were panting at her.

“I just did not know how to tell you. After the ceremony was done you seemed so happy, and I did not know how to tell you. It's only 'official' if we are within the tribe.” She spoke softly, lowering her eyes from his gaze as she wrung hers hands together. “I honestly did not think you would take it all so seriously.”

“I LOVED you, and I thought we were takin vows that meant forever fer us.” He roared causing a couple of students to come out of their doors and watch them, which irritated Logan even more. “What tha fuck are ya looking at?” He asked the curious eye who quickly turned back into their rooms, closing the doors behind them.

“You loved me?” Ororo repeated in a low voice and had it been anyone else they might not have heard her. “We’re now speaking in past tense, when referring to us Logan?” She asked now looking directly at him as tears filled her eyes. He let out a groan of frustration and angrily raked his fingers through his hair, angry at the situation what he deemed as her betrayal and at making her cry. “Now you do not want me?”

“I want you, thought I made that clear during our ‘wedding’, fuck was any of it real?”

“Yes, it was all real Logan, all of it…but as I said it’s only legally binding in Kenya.” At this news Logan lifted his head and laughed outright, throwing his head back and letting out a mad sounding hackle.

“Well,” He finally spoke, calming himself but remained smiling at her, which caused her to smile a bit in return, hoping they were on the verge of making up. “I’m thinking the idea of moving to Kenya is out, huh?” He chuckled and his words caused Ororo to giggle at him.

“Yes, it is home but I do not think I could live without air conditioning.” She said jokingly.

“But you can live without me?” Logan said and she shot her eyes up to his face, which was now stone cold and blank of any remnants of emotions.

“No and I do not want to try. I love you Logan.” She moved to him reaching up and cupping his face in her hands and placing a soft kiss on his lips. “I love you…Love you so much…” She spoke between kisses. He grabbed her wrists as her hands continued to pull at him, they remained connected by their foreheads.

“You made me so happy Ro, you gave me something I never really had, a family, my family. Then ya took it all back.”

“No,” She now cried as she again tried to move in to kiss him only to have him hold her more firmly away.

“Ya lied, ya purposely lied ta me and about something you knew meant something ta me, if ya had told me I’d still would have wanted ta do it, even if it won’t ‘real’, but ya made me think it was real. For tha first time I thought I had something real, that I had memories of some happiness, of love, of someone I love. I know to you it seems not that important, but if ya knew what I’ve lived what I‘ve gone through.” He released her and she stumbled back a bit. “I can’t deal with this Ro, feelin betrayed.”

“Goddess Logan, I didn not actually lie, I just withheld a small technicality from you and I admit I was wrong, but I would have told you I just needed the right time.”

“That would have been before the ceremony, that was tha right time Ro.”

"You just said it wouldn't have mattered you would have still married me. So why are you making such a big deal about it now."

"I thought it was bidding us together forever, no matter where we went. That no one could break us up. Chuck couldn't interfer anymore. I thought that's what we both wanted. I just feel like I've had a joke played on me, and you know I don't like being laughed at."

"I'm sorry you feel that way Logan, that I've made you feel that way. How can I make it up to you, just tell me I'll do anything." She pleaded.

"Marry me." He said point blank and her eyes widened as she stared up at him in disbelief. "Right here, let's make 'official'."

"Logan according to state law, we are too young .."

"Not if we get permission from our gaurdians, I already know your aunt will give consent, and I'm sure Chuck will give it for me."

"I do not know what to say, it's such a big step." Ororo said as she pulled at her bottom lip.

"Right, it was all talk then. You didn't really mean any of it. Just going through your 'bad boy' phase, is that it. Is that what I am?"

"Logan you know that is not ture."

"No, What I know is that I love you, and want to spend the rest of my life with you. You said you felt the same, but I see now that talk is cheap. You only married me in Kenya because you knew once we got back here it wouldn't matter. Well it matters to me." He said that last part in a near whisper. "I gotta go, I can't even look at you right now."

“So what are you saying? What do you want to do?” She asked and a fear gripped her heart as she looked into his eyes, which already spoke the answers to her.

"There’s a few more weeks til school starts up again, I’m gonna head North, home ta Canada.”

“You are leaving the country?” She spoke out as her posture straightened and she lifted her head a bit, taking what Logan called her Goddess stance, a role she played up when she wanted to guard herself from hurt, or in this case, not show how much she was hurting.

“I think it would be best, need ta clear my head, think…”

“Fine,” she spoke out cutting off his words. “Well have a safe trip.” She said before turning and walking off, forcing her self to walk and not run as her soul wanted her to, forcing back the cries that clawed at her throat for release. It wasn’t until she rounded the corner did she begin to run and run as fast as she could to the far window of the second floor, sending a gush of wind before her to slam them open and hard against the outside shutters. Her slim frame easy flew through the opening and up into the sky, and at a speed that left a roaring sound afterwards, and many of the residents inside and out, lifted their eyes to the sky.



Several weeks later




“Ok Jubes your in charge of costumes, I’m sure most will buy their own, but I want those who aren’t able to, to have costumes available still, and since you're queen of the drama dept.”

“I’m all over it,” Jubliee said from her spot at the table, where she and the rest of the party committee sat.

“Good, Rogue you and Kitty are in charge of décor, and how is that coming along?

“Perfectly, I’m so happy we pick renaissance as the setting to this welcome back Masquerade ball.” Kitty said giddily.

“Yeah, ah gotta admit at first ah thought it would be lame, but now ah’m kind of getting into it.” Rogue admitted with a wide smile.

“Good, I’m glad we’re all having fun and its all coming together so smoothly, well ladies I think that’s all the business we have this week, unless there’s anything else you all want to discuss?” The other girls at the table simply shook their heads. “Ok then this meeting is adjourned.” Ororo said with a smile which the others returned as they stood and left the table all except Jubliee who remained at her best friend’s side.

“I can’t believe we are about to start our final year of high school.” Jubilee stated.

“I know, we’re seniors, the top dogs.” Ororo giggled at the thought and how in the past few months she had gone from the mousy nerd to the versatile leader and already the head of mostly every School committee.

“Yes the new school year brings us closer to adulthood and independence, and…” Jubilee paused as she eyed Ororo, about to speak on a subject she knew her friend didn’t care to discuss, ever. “And I guess Logan will be back any day now.” At these words, Ororo’s face fell as she looked down at the papers she gathered up into a pile.

“I suppose, but I would not know since he has not written nor called, so I personally do not know if he’s dead or alive…”

“Oh he’s alive,” Jubille spoke out as she looked over Ororo’s shoulders.

“I am sure he is, I was just saying…”

“And he’s here and he’s brought a friend.” At this Ororo’s head shot up to her friend and then to where her friend now stared with her mouth agape, and there stood the boy who had haunted Ororo’s dreams for weeks now. Ororo’s heart leaped in her throat with happiness at the sight of him, but that hastily faded as she took note of the girl who stood beside Logan, clinging to his arm. Then she was sure she heard her heart shatter into a zillion pieces as she watched the girl lean up and kiss Logan upon his lips, which he part as he kissed her back.





You must login () to review.