"Do you love her?" Ororo spoke out softly with her eyes now closed as if preparing for a soul shattering confession from Logan.

"No," he answered plainly and quickly and she looked at him, directly in his eyes as hers filled with fresh tears.

"Then why?" She asked with now pleading eyes and when he didn't reply she continued. "Do you know what it was like for me seeing her, seeing you and her, and then...she's pregnant with your child?"

"Yeah," He answered honestly finally getting enough nerve to look her in the eyes. "I fucked up Ro, bad but we..."

"But 'we' what?" She asked with an insane looking grin on her face as she sat up more against her pillow. "What, Oh Goddess Logan you are not suggesting that I forgive you, say it's ok, that I love you and we can get past all this, help you raise your little son or daughter?" And when he didn't deny her words her head fell back and a hysterical laugh flowed out. "You are mad you do realize. We can never get past this, nevermind that you couldn't even be away from me what was it a week, before you're fucking someone else, but you didn't even respect me enough to protect yourself, and possibly me from whatever diseases she may have had. I mean honestly if she had not gotten pregnant, thus 'trapping' you, would you ever have told me about her." He stood silent, again looking down at the floor. "Right, at the end of the day Logan you are no different then most boy, you're such a fucking coward." She spat at him knowing it would rile him and he instantly shot angry eyes up at her.

"Ya got nerve throwin rocks, considering yer living in a glass house darlin. Ya forgot why I left in the first place?"

"OH I see a betrayal for a betrayal, so were all even now is that it? Right, so this is all my fault. I betrayed you by lying about our marriage so you just had to go fuck the first girl you meet? Sorry but those two things are not even on the same scale." Ororo ranted with fire in her eyes, feeling strong enough to yell out what haunted her soul, even though she could see it was pissing Logan off she didn't care.

"Who said she was the first?" Logan growled out and Ororo's face fell and the expression it held was that of someone who had the air knocked from their body. And before she could control it her body began to shake violently with her wails, which were reflected outside as the skies darkened and the wind began to howl at a deafening pitch. Dr. Magnus who had unlocked the door and Jubilee rushed into the room, just as the windows shatter, shooting glass within the room, causing everyone to hit the floor. Dr. Magnus crawled to a nearby table and then to where Ororo sat crying and purposely propelling objects at Logan. Once he reached her, Dr. Magnus quickly injected her with something that took effect fast as the winds and her cries calmed til all ceased and she lay in the bed unconscious. Once everything seemed safe Jubilee stood, as did Logan as he pulled a jagged piece of glass from his waist, letting it shatter on the floor. He was so engulfed in Ororo, worried that he had upset her so much and again, that he hadn't realized until he felt himself being lifted and thrown across the room, that Jubilee was looking at him in a rage, electrical current crackling through her hands.

"GET OUT!" Jubilee roared as she stepped to where he sat slumped in the corner. "And stay the hell away from her!" She continued as Logan stood and snarled at her, popping his blades. *SNIKT* "Oh right, yer a freaking walking electrical conductor, dumbass, so bring it. Right now I'd gladly fry your ass, extra crispy style."

“Logan,” Dr. Magnus spoke softly. “I think it would be best, for it is clear your presence only upsets Ororo, please leave.” Knowing that the Doctor was correct that he had upset her, and he paused in his thoughts to look about the room, which could now be deemed a disaster area, before he ducked his head a bit and walked out.




“I can’t believe the Professor is allowing West Side to come to our party.” Rogue commented as she, Kitty, Jubilee and Ororo, who had been out of the med lab for a week and doing better, sat in the cafeteria eating and discussing the Ball they were to attend later.

“Why not there are some cute boys in that school.” Jubilee stated to which all the others nodded their heads and giggled at.

“Yeah and the hottest and most bad is Creed, and you all can recall how well it went the last time he came to our party, He and Logan went at it and for a second I thought someone was gonna seriously get hurt.”

“Someone did,” Ororo said with a grin as she rubbed her head for show.

“Exactly my point, no good will come of them, ‘him’ in particular coming to our Ball, unless if only to piss Logan off and start a fight.” Rogue said before popping a french fry into her mouth, as Ororo arched a brow at her comment.




“Whoa!” Jubilee gasped as she looked at her friend whom she had been awaiting to get dressed for the ball. “I thought you were going as royalty.” Jubilee said unable to take her eyes off of her friend.

“I was but then realized every other girl,” Then she looked to Jubilee sitting on her bed dressed in armor. “Well every normal girl would be dressed as some form of royalty, which is why I chose this.” Ororo said as she shook her hips, causing the ornamented belt there to jingle and chime to her rhythmic moves.

“A belly dancer?”

“Yes but really a Lady in a harem, you know it’s still practiced in some parts of the world.” Ororo said with a slight frown of disgust.

“And you chose to celebrate that fact?”

“No I just wanted to look…”

“Hot and have all the boy drooling over you, very well done Ro.” Jubilee said giving her the thumbs up.

“No I was going to say I wanted to look different…and hot so all the boys can drool over me.” She added as they both fell into a fit a giggle as they headed out.

“Wait,” Jubilee stopped them at the door to Ororo’s bedroom. “This is a masquerade ball, where’s your mask?” She questioned causing Ororo to smile at her as she lifted the silk garment dangle from the side of her head and brought it across and latched it to the opposite side. “Wow now you look mysterious and hot, but I’m thinking all the curly white hair is a dead giveaway.” She giggled more as they left out.

*******


Upon entering the ball room, Ororo’s costume got just the reaction Jubilee said it would for all eyes were on her, looking breath-taking in the jewel encrusted bra and silk skirt that hung low about her waist, attached to a belt that matched her top. It was her bare midriff with a single jewel glued in her belly button that got the most gawks, as swarms of boys moved to her asking for a dance, which she graciously promised to each of them, after she had had a drink first, to which they all raced off to fetch for her, pushing, shoving, and cursing along the way.

“Boy are you gonna be bloated up on punch tonight,” Jubilee said and they both began laughing, which quickly turned to a gasped as Logan made his way to where they stood. Jubilee balled her fist, which crackled with energy.

“No Jubilee, please.” Ororo looked to her friend with pleading eyes, and with a sigh Jubilee juiced down and folded her arms across her chest.

“Hey Ro,” Logan spoke out as he now stood before her.

“Hey,” She said never looking directly at him.

“How ya feelin?”

“Better no thanks to you.” Jubilee hissed out and Logan shot her a deadly glare, which she threw right back at him.

“Jubilee,” Ororo cut in. “Will you please give us a moment?”

“Hell no.” She said defiantly. “Last time I did that, WWIII happened.”

“Please Jubilee,” Ororo coaxed. “Get us some drinks for I fear they will be all night.” She said nodding to the boys at the refreshment table fussing and fighting over who would get her a drink.

“Fine but the first sound of wind, clap of thunder, flash of lightning, and I’m gonna deep fry his ass.” Jubilee said staring directly at Logan as she did. At that moment a slow song began playing in the background and couples took to the floor.

“By all means.” Ororo replied with a smile to her friend’s concern. After Jubilee had walked off Ororo took a deep breath before she turned to face Logan. The two stood in silence for a moment letting the song fill their ears.

*******


How can I just let you walk away, just let you leave without a trace
When I stand here taking every breath with you, ooh
You’re the only one who really knew me at all


*******


“You look incredible.” Logan finally spoke.

“Thank you, as do you, a Wolf now that’s some how fitting,” She said as she reached up and touched the wolf mask that covered the upper part of Logan’s face. When he slowly leaned his face against her hand, breathing in her scent, she quickly yanked it back and took a step back from him.

*******


How can you just walk away from me, When all I can do is watch you leave
Cos we’ve shared the laughter and the pain and even shared the tears
You’re the only one who really knew me at all


*******


“I’m sorry,” Logan spoke out as he in turn took a step towards her. “I’m sorry for everything Ro and I wish ta God I could change it all.”

“But you cannot.” She said with her head bowed.

“No I can’t, and I know there’s no use in saying I hope we can at least be friends cause I know we’ll never be that.”

*******


So take a look at me now, oh there’s just an empty space
And there’s nothing left here to remind me, Just the memory of your face
Ooh take a look at me now, well there’s just an empty space
And you coming back to me is against all odds and that’s what I’ve got to face


*******


“No,” She agreed shaking her head a bit. “It would be too hard…this,” She looked up at him now tears in her eyes. “Being this close to you but not having you, it’s almost unbearable, and it hurts so much sometimes that I cannot breathe.” She choked out in a near whisper, but then swallowed back her tears, determined not to let him see her cry, not again.

“I’m sorry…”

*******


I wish I could just make you turn around,
Turn around and see me cry
There’s so much I need to say to you,
So many reasons why
You’re the only one who really knew me at all


*******


“Yes Logan so you’ve said but hearing that, knowing that doesn’t make it any easier for me.” She took a heavy sigh and let her eyes rest just beyond Logan’s shoulder to the girl dressed as little red riding hood, who was watching them intensely. “I think Emma wants you.”

“But I don’t want her Ro, I want you always did, always will.” He spoke with pleading eyes.

*******


So take a look at me now, well there’s just an empty space
And there’s nothing left here to remind me, just the memory of your face
Now take a look at me now, cos there’s just an empty space


*******


“No I meant…” She simply pointed and Logan turned to where Emma stood fidgeting and trying to look as though she wasn’t at all interested in their conversation. “You should go to her, you being here it upsets her, and that cannot be good for the baby.” Logan’s eyes took on a softened apologetic gaze as he now look at the girl he had left standing in a corner, a girl carrying his child. “That’s where you belong now, so go.” With slumped shoulders Logan moved back to his ‘date’ never looking back to see the pain etched on Ororo’s face.

*******


But to wait for you, is all I can do and that’s what I’ve got to face
Take a good look at me now, cos I’ll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
It’s the chance I’ve gotta take

Take a look at me now


*******


“Are you ok?” Jubilee asked as she returned to her friend’s side, and Ororo could only shake her head no in reply. “I’m so sorry sweetie, it’s gonna be ok I mean at this point how could it possibly get worse?”

“Well lookie here,” A snarly voice spoke from behind them and both girls turned to look up into the face of Victor Creed. “My very own genie, if I rub ya right, can I get three wishes?”

“Oh yer gonna be wishing for a pain reliever, if you don’t get the hell away from us.” Jubilee threatened, stepping in between Ororo and Victor.

“Jubilee,” Ororo spoke out touching her friend’s shoulder. “I m sure Victor was only asking me for a dance, right Victor?”

“Yeah sure,” Victor said smirking at Logan who had already stepped up to stand just behind Ororo and Jubilee. “What do ya say runt, ya don’t mind if I dance with yer girl do ya?” Victor asked as his smirk widened at the glare of Logan’s gray eyes.

“I am not his girlfriend, and you should be asking me and not him that question.” Ororo stated plainly, as she folded her arms across her chest. Creed arched a brow at her, liking the spunkiness she was showing and the obvious blow she had given to Logan. He did a low bow to her, which Ororo couldn't help but to giggle at, despite the situation and who was around.

“My lady,” Victor spoke head still bowed and hand out stretched. “Would you please do me the great honor of allowing me this dance?”

“But of course, kind sir.” Ororo replied as she curtsied and took his hand and allowed him to lead her to the dance floor, but not before he threw the widest grin Logan’s way, who in turned growled as his claws inadvertently popped out.

“What the fuck is she doin?” Logan questioned aloud to no one in particular, forgetting Jubilee still stood beside him.

“Moving on to someone else, gee Logan thought you’d know that move better than anyone.” Jubilee said. “But I know its gotta sting a bit that she’s moving on with your biggest enemy.” She added as she turned and walked off, leaving him to glare out onto the floor where Creed and Ororo made a show of twirling and dipping as they both laughed and chit chatted.

“Logan?” Emma called to him but he didn’t take his eyes from the girl on the floor, who on occasion would throw him a glance. “Would you like to dance?” Emma asked hoping to divert his attention.

“Sorry darlin don’t dance.”

“Fine, well I think I’m gonna turn in then, this party is a bore.” She said flipping her long blonde tresses over her shoulder as she remained standing behind him.

“Yeah you do that then.” He replied not speaking what she had hoped to hear.

“You’re not going to come with me?” She asked dumbstruck. “I thought we could…” He then turned to her looking down at her with hard eyes.

“I told ya already, ‘that’ aint happenin. I fucked up once and now I’m payin fer it, but it won’t ever, ever happen again, so let it rest. I don’t want you, didn't 'really' want you 'then', you were just something ta do, like I was fer you. So let’s not play like we got feelins fer one another, we just got a kid, and that’s all we’ll ever have.” With that said Logan brushed past the slightly embarrassed girl and stalked from the room and out on to the patio, into the warm night.

Ororo had been laughing so hard that she had not seen the show between Logan and Emma, though Creed had. He twirled her and then did a swift dip, leaning down and speaking to her.

“Ya can cut the act now babygirl, yer audience has left.” He then lifted pulling her up and against him as they began to dance again. Ororo looked to him with questioning eyes. “Oh don’t act like this aint all for Logan’s benefit, I’m not a fool.”

“If you think my dancing with you has anything whatsoever to do with Logan, then I will have to disagree, you are a fool.” She said curtly as she turned her head a bit.

“So ya really aint doin this to goat Logan?”

“Not in the least.” Ororo defended.

“But ya aint put off by the fact that it is driving him nuts, you dancing wit me?”

“Not in the least.” She said again this time letting a huge smile spread across her lips. “That’s just an added bonus.”

“Babygirl, I knew there was a reason I liked ya so much.”

“Uhm..yeah because I was Logan’s girlfriend thus a means to get under his skin.” She answered.

“Ok so there’s a couple of reasons I like ya.” He responded throwing her a wink to which she giggled, and they waltzed about the room.

“You know Victor I would have never guessed you’d be such a good dancer.” Ororo confessed as they moved in step with the music.

“I’m jus full of surprises, well ta those willing ta take the time to really get to know me that is.”

“I will admit you now have me intrigued.”

“Good,” He said twirling her from his body and then pulling her back, invoking happy carefree giggles from Ororo who happily went as he lead. “So how bout you and me take in a movie Saturday?”

“I…I do not think that would be good…”

“Why ya afraid of how Logan will react?”

“No.” Ororo answered frowning a bit at the implication.

“Then yer afraid of me? Its fine I’m use to it, when ya look like I do ya come to expect that reaction from people.” At his words Ororo felt ashamed and couldn’t really see a reason not to accompany him to the movies.

“No, Victor its not about you, not at all. I mean when you are not being, crude, rude, perverted, and a down right bully and bastard, you are actually fun to be around.” She said.

“Tell no one.” He said with a stern look but then quickly smirked and threw her a wink, to which she smiled.

“Your secret is safe, the thing is I just don’t think I’m ready to date.”

“Whoa, date I didn’t use the ‘D’ word, I mean that word implies going out more than once, like regularly, which aint what I’m askin here. I’m just askin for a one time deal, just ta ya know go out, get ta know each other better. Ya never know you might find I’m even more repelling then you thought.”

“Oh heaven forbid.” She said with a laugh.

“Or ya may see that I aint as bad as ya thought after all, that I got layers, something more beneath this big strong, too damn handsome, exterior I have.” Again she laughed as she nodded her head.

“Very well, Saturday at 8:30 and please do not be late or you will find yourself going alone.”




Lyrics-Against all Odds by: Phil Collins





You must login () to review.