“Wait…a date, with Victor?” Jubilee asked for the umpteenth time as she sat beside Ororo in the cafeteria.

“Yes, why do you keep asking me that?”

*******


“Cause I don’t believe it.”

“Well it’s true mon ami.” Gambit said patting Logan on the back as he delivered the news.

*******


“What are you crazy? Jubilee asked still not fully getting what her friend was telling her.

*******


“Is she fuckin crazy?” Logan asked, looking to Gambit as if actually expecting him to answer.

*******


“No.” Ororo answered bunching her brow at her friend.

*******


“You know better den Gambit, no?” Gambit replied with a shrug.

*******


“What about Logan?” Jubilee asked and instantly regretted it when she felt a sharp chilly breeze wash over her, even though it was about 100 degrees out.

*******


“What about me?” Logan spoke in a deep angered growl as he now watched Ororo in her seat across the room from where he and Gambit stood.

*******


“He’s got Emma to worry about.” Ororo said plainly, tilting her head up a bit, putting on a brave front even though the thought of Logan with Emma, made her want to scream.

*******


Aint you got Emma now?” Gambit asked, knowing full well it was a sore subject with Logan. He himself had mentioned to Logan the fact that he seemed to ignore Emma and even avoid her most times.

“Not by choice.” Logan said in a mumble as he continued watching Ororo.

*******


“Logan made his bed as they say, and now he must lie in it.”

“True, but I gotta say it speaks volumes on the kind of guy he is. And I’ll admit I was wrong about him, he’s honorable not many guys his age would live up to that kind of responsibility. He’s a dog, true enough but not a heartless bastard.” Jubilee said as Ororo’s face fell. “Well I guess from your side of it, he’s both…”

“No, you are right,” Ororo spoke out lifting her head and now letting her eyes drift to the side of the room where she knew Logan sat, and her eyes immediately locked with his. She froze and simply stared, she knew he never got embarrassed so he would not feel an overpowering need to look away and so he didn’t, but after a few second she had to and again dropped her head and looked down at her plate. “He is very honorable, but it seems, not the guy for me.”

“And you think Victor is?!” Jubilee asked getting back on track to their earlier conversation, and Ororo smiled and rolled her eyes at her friend as they now stood to put up their tray and head outside for the rest of their lunch break.

“No Jubilee, its just a date, I am not thinking Victor Creed will be ‘the guy’ for me either.” Ororo giggled looking at her friend, who was also giggling, both unaware of who they were now walking by.

“That’s good ta know.” Logan’s voice stilled them both and swiped the giggles from them, and they looked at him and Gambit, who leaned against the nearby wall smirking and then throwing a wink at Jubilee.

“Oh and why is that?” Jubilee asked as Ororo stood and stared at Logan, who stared back.

“Can we talk?” Logan asked, completely and purposely ignoring Jubilee.

“Nope.” Jubilee answered as she grasped Ororo’s arm and began pulling her reluctantly away.
Gambit instantly blocked the way, and gently grasped Jubilee’s arm, while snaking his other arm about her waist, to move her away from Ororo.

“You know Cherie, Gambit think you may need a man of your own, so you don’t have to focus on Stormy so much, and Gambit knows just de guy.” Jubilee frowned at him, but allowed herself to be distracted away. Ororo and Logan were left to talk, though neither did at first, and Ororo now avoided eye contact, opting to look down at her feet.

“I’ve missed you.” She said softly still looking down as her eyes began to water. “Don’t know why I’m telling you that but I wanted you to know it. I have missed you terribly, achingly.” At this she looked up at him and swallowed back her tears, putting on a brave front. “And I love you, so much I…” She paused trying to calm herself, feeling the urge to cry shadowing her. “In a perfect world, the world I dream about, you and I are together and we’re happy and nothing and no one can touch us, and for awhile I lived there, but it’s not reality. In reality we are not together and we are not happy, and that’s what we have to deal with, what I have to deal with.”

“And in reality you want to be with Creed?” Logan asked calmly, though the anger blazing in his eyes betrayed his cool demeaner.

“It’s not about want, Logan. I cannot have what I want.” She said and Logan’s head fell and he seemingly avoided her eyes for the first time. “This about moving on, meeting new people.”

“But Creed? Darlin, ya don’t know him…”

“No, I don’t which is why I agreed to go out with him, so I can get to know him. I have discovered through you that one cannot judge a person on a perception or on the words of others, if I felt that way I would have never been with you.”

“But Creed, what tha hell could you possibly see in him or want to get ta know about him.”

“I don’t know guess I have a thing for crude, rude, rebel boys.” She replied with a smile and in jest, but from the sour look on Logan’s face she figured joking wasn’t something she should do with him at the moment.

“So this aint about payback, you goin out with my enemy?”

“For what, you being with Emma? I had not planned on sleeping with Victor to get over you Logan, I’m not a slut. Nor could I just forget someone I claim to love so easily.” Ororo spat out and tried to stalk away before her anger made her strike him, but his hand shot out and grasped her pulling her back to him, and into a strong embrace which caught the instant attention of most in the room, including Emma.

“I’m sorry Ro, I’m sorry.” He whispers into her hair. She hesitated only a millisecond before she wrapped her arms tightly around his waist, and closed her eyes to the sensation of touching him and just being there with him. “I’m sorry about everything, so sorry baby.”

“Logan?” A harsh voice broke the moment and Ororo tried to pull away but was held firmly in place by Logan.

“Not now Em,” He replied as he cast a hard glare at the blonde now stand before him, with her hands on her hip.

“Yes now, right now,” She said as she stomped her foot, and this time Logan released Ororo who turned to see Emma shooting daggers at her.

“Fine Talk.” Logan said as he folded his arms across his chest.

“In private,”

“Look anything ya gotta say ya can say here or not at all.”

“Ok then, do you know how it looks you here with her, like this?” Emma asked flinging her arms a bit.

“Normal, only thing odd is you being here.” Logan said in a cold manner and Ororo found herself getting upset at him again.

“Logan,” Ororo spoke. “Emma is right.” She then turned to Emma. “I apologize Emma, I know that Logan is with you and I know how that must have looked, I hope it did not upset you, and I can assure you it will not happen again…”

“Like hell,” Logan cut in. “First of all, I aint wit her, I just knocked her up. It happened and I’m dealing with it, but that don’t mean we’re tagether or ever will be. I love you Ro ya know it, Em knows it and as fer it happening again…”

“Aww..oooohhhh,” Emma suddenly cried out as she clutched her slightly swollen belly and crumbled to the floor, causing Logan to quickly grab her, catching her before she fell as Ororo and nearly everyone in the cafeteria gathered around.





You must login () to review.