“Are you sure, I mean really, really sure?” Ororo asked again as she paused in her pacing long enough to stare sternly at her friend who sat on the bed watching Ororo in annoyance.

“Yes for the one hundredth and ‘last’ time, I’m sure I read it all in Dr. Magnus’ files. There’s no way Logan’s the father of Emma’s kid, the bitch lied.”

“But why I cannot understand it, why would you tell a person they are the father when they aren’t?”

“Cause she probably knew Logan would take responsibility for it and he has, and she’s a ‘Biotch’.” Jubilee stated. “So what are we gonna do about it?”

“What do you mean?” Ororo asked staring at her friend curiously.

“I mean Logan, we have to tell him and I think we should do it right now.”

“But what if he doesn’t believe us?”

“He can read it all for himself.”

“I do not know Jubes, given Emma’s current condition we may upset her and cause her more stress.”

“Ro, snap out of it girl there’s nothing wrong with Emma except a case of the green eyed monster. She knows that Logan loves you and that the only reason he gives her the time of day is because she’s having his kid, which we now know aint the case at all. She’s been playing us all especially Logan, don’t get me wrong he aint my most favorite person in the world but he has a right to know about this, and if you’re too chicken to tell him I will.”

“Of course you are right, he does deserve to know the truth, just don’t know how he will take it coming from me. I think it would look vindictive and spiteful if I did it.” Jubilee hopped from the bed at these words, and grasped Ororo’s hand and led her from the room.

“Then I’ll do it.” Jubilee said as she pulled a hesitant Ororo behind her.




“We’re not disturbing them see,” Jubilee said as she moved into the room where Emma lay with Logan at her side, as she tugged Ororo in after her.

“Hey guy what are you doing here?” Logan asked as he instantly dropped Emma’s hand and stood upon seeing Ororo enter the room.

“Oh we came to share some good news with you guys, well good for you Logan not so good for Emma.” Jubilee said with a broad smile, which made Ororo think she was enjoying this a bit too much.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Logan asked as jubilee pulled out the file she took from Dr. Magnus’ desk. Emma’s face noticeably paled over as she stared motionless at the papers.

“I’m talking about…AHHHHHGGGRRR!!!” Jubilee screamed and clutched her head as she crumbled to the floor, sending the papers she had been holding flying about the room. Ororo rushed to her friend.

“Jubilee, what is it?” Ororo held her friend in her arms as she watched her thrash about wildly and cry out in pain.

“She’s in my head, GOD!!” At Her words both Ororo and Logan turned their attention to where Emma lay. Ororo eyes whitened as she quickly stood and moved to Emma only to have Logan grab her arm.

“Ro ya can’t, the baby.” Logan said in a pleading voice.

“Make her stop, she’s killing Jubes.” Ororo commanded as her fist illuminated with electrical current.

“You wouldn’t dare,” Emma said in a winded voice it was obvious that using her powers was putting a strain on her and draining her.

“You think you know me well enough to test that?” Ororo said as she sent a shock through Logan throwing him back a bit and freeing her to move on Emma. “You either stop this or so help me I will make you stop.”

“Ro No!” Logan called out to her and he tried to stand only to have Ororo hold him down with a sudden gust of wind. Emma who was now sweating profusely and panting as if out of breath, closed her eyes releasing jubilee from her torture, and Ororo powered down and moved to Jubilee’s side, as she still lay on the floor a bit stunned. Dr. Magnus who had been coming back with the results to Emma’s blood test rushed into the room, having heard the commotion.

“What is going on in here?” He asked as he looked to Ororo who held Jubilee, helping her stand and then to Logan who was at Emma’s side once again stroking her hair.

“Doc, I think something’s wrong with her, she’s out of it. She was using her powers and I think it hurt her and the baby.” Logan spoke with grave concern and worried eyes, as Dr. Magnus moved to him and Emma to look her over. Logan stepped back and threw an angry glare at Ororo and Jubilee.

”Yes she’s exhausted and dehydrated, I’ll have to start another IV to get her more fluids and I want you all out, “ He said as he turned to the teens. “All of you, now!” He spoke sternly and Logan, Ororo, and Jubilee slowly exited out into the waiting area.

“What the fuck is wrong with you, you knew she was already in a crisis and you pull this shit?” Logan growled and directed it at Ororo, but Jubilee quickly came to her defense.

“Look knuckle head this was all my idea, Ro didn’t think it was a good idea and now I think she may have been right. Silly me I just thought you were the type of guy who didn’t like being played a fool.” Jubilee said as she stood in between Logan and Ororo.

“What are you talking about?” Logan asked as he folded his arms across his chest.

“Emma’s ten weeks preggers Logan, think about it come on you weren’t that bad in math class.” Logan bunched his brow at her words as he looked from Jubilee to Ororo as if seeking confirmation and Ororo simply dropped her head, avoiding his eyes. “There’s no way in hell that kid she’s carrying is yours.” Logan turned his now hardened eyes back to Jubilee and it made her take a step back, he then clinched his jaws and fists and then turned and move back into the room with Emma and Dr. Magnus. Jubilee and Ororo both moved to peer through the window, though they couldn’t hear what was being said, Logan’s coldness and Emma’s crying said it all, Logan then stalked from the room back out to where they stood and then past them.

“Logan I am so sorry,” Ororo called after him and he snapped his head towards her and the look on his face caused her to silently gasp.

“Like hell ya are, aint this what ya wanted? Aint it why ya came bouncing down here ta gloat in my face, guess we’re even now huh?”

“What? Logan no I…” Ororo went about pleading her case as she moved towards him, but he cut her off and stopped her with the raise of his hand.

“Don’t, don’t try ta deny this doesn't give ya a bit of satisfaction Ro, cause I know it does. One thing I think its taught us though is that we don’t belong tagether, it’s a sign from God, and I give up I know now I don’t deserve any happiness; not you and not that baby.” Logan choked on these last words and swallowed the lump forming in his throat before he turned and walked off. Ororo stared after him as her own tears fell as she began to realize what that baby meant to Logan. She could see now that he thought he had lost her forever and focused all of himself on the baby he thought to be his, something he felt no one could take from him, except that’s exactly what she had done, right or wrong it was something she wasn’t sure he’s forgive her for.





You must login () to review.