“What’s up?” Jubilee asked as she rushed into the room where the others still surrounded Ororo’s bed, with most throwing glares at the boy who was right behind her. “We just passed Rogue and she was saying something about a change?” Jubilee said as she moved up beside Creed and reached out to stroke Ororo’s hair. Logan for his part remained near the door, not for fear of the dirty looked the others gave him but mostly due to the shame he felt at seeing Ororo’s state.

“She just smiled,” Creed answered Jubilee’s question. “That’s the only change.”

“Oh,” Jubilee said with a sigh and slight frown. “But that’s still good right?”

“Yeah, think it means she’s dreaming and that she’s not in any pain. “ Creed replied and Jubilee smiled to this. Creed then looked to Logan, who had his eyes locked to Ororo’s until he felt the new eyes upon him; Logan then looked dead into Creed’s eyes. Neither displayed any anger towards the other in their eyes, just a mutual sadness, first thing that either would admit to having in common. The somber mood was broken as Dr. Magnus, The Professor and Rogue all reentered the lab. Dr. Magnus quickly moved to Ororo, Creed and Jubilee stepped back to allow him more room. He checked Ororo’s pupil dilation by shining some light in her eyes he then checked the read out from the many monitors that were hooked to her. After his complete examination he stepped back to address everyone.

“There’s no change except that as Rogue told us, Ororo seems to be in the REM, which is the dream state. Sorry, but with the kind of injuries she’s sustained it will take some time for her brain to heal and for her to awaken.”

“But it will happen right?” Jubilee asked. “I mean her brain will heal and she will wake up right?”

“Only time will tell Jubilee.” Dr. Magnus replied not wanting to worry them with the truth that Ororo may never regain consciousness.

“Alright everyone it time for you to head to your room, you still have classes tomorrow, and Ororo needs her rest, so please lets leave her to it.” At his words the student body slowly left the room, each throwing Logan more glares and mumbles as they passed him, mumbles he heard but ignored for he knew they were just. Everyone left except Dr. Magnus, the Professor, Jubilee, Creed, and Logan. “That applies to you three as well.” The professor said not expecting them to agree right away.

“Would you mind if I stay a bit longer?” Creed asked.

“I’m sure you are missed at your school Victor, and you’ve already stayed past our curfew here, but you are welcome to come back tomorrow, after your classes.” With a regretful sigh Creed simply nodded his understandings as he reached out and stroked Ororo’s hair.

“If there’s any change could you,” He began to ask only to have the Professor cut him off.

“I will contact you Victor, I promise.”

“Thank you.” Creed said.

“No we should be thanking you,” Jubilee said as she grasped his arm and turned him to face her. “You got her here fast and I think that made a difference, so thank you.” She said reaching up and wrapping her arms around his neck and pulled into a hug, she then released him and placed a quick kiss to his cheek to which he smiled and nodded to her before turning and heading out. He paused at the door and looked to Logan, who stared back silently.

“Ya keep an eye on her.” Creed said for lack of anything else to say. He wasn’t sure what he could say, he knew Logan blamed himself for what happened, but he also knew Logan hadn’t intended to hurt Ororo, that he was the target, and that knowledge made him feel just as badly as Logan, yet another thing they had in common now.

“Yeah.” Logan replied as the two gave each other knowing nods, before Creed left out.

“I’m gonna head up to bed but I’d like a call if there’s any changes as well.” Jubilee directed to the Professor who nodded in agreement. She then moved to the exit, pausing briefly to give Logan’s arm a reassuring squeeze, and then leaving the three alone with Ororo. Logan moved further into the room.

“Can I stay with her for a bit?” Logan asked as he stared at the floor. Dr. Mangus opened his mouth to protest the idea but the Professor spoke up first, raising his hand to signal his friend.

“Yes Logan but only for a little while, she really does need to rest.” The Professor said and then mentally asked Erik to leave with him as so Logan could have some privacy. Dr. Magnus nodded his understandings as he walked out behind the Professor.

Logan made a slow trek to Ororo’s bedside, the same bed she had occupied not so long ago. He sat and simply stared at her, too afraid and ashamed to touch her. After a long time of just sitting with her and staring at her, he finally spoke.

“Hey Ororo.” He said and then fell into another long silence. “I know yer mad at me….”




“Now why would I be mad at you?” She asked as she stared into her vanity mirror as she removed her earrings, and occasionally threw as glance to her lover’s reflection as he sat on their bed.

“Cause you hated my gift, I’m sorry baby but you know I suck at this kind of thing.” He said casually as he watched her do her nightly ritual for preparing for bed.

“It’s just my twentieth birthday love, there will be others and besides I’m sure I’ll get great use out of the luggage you bought me.” She said with a sweet smile but inwardly she was disappointed that her lover, the man she’d been with for four years hadn’t come up with a better gift, but it was the thought that counted she kept reminding herself.

“True, maybe you can use them on our honeymoon.” He said with a slight smile as he waited for her to register what he had said, and after a moment’s paused he knew she had for she was still in her movement as she looked at him from through the mirror. His smile broadened as he saw her eyes widen and mouth drop open as her eyes locked to the little black velvet box he was holding up. She quickly turned and leaned back against her vanity, gripping the edge of it tightly. Knowing she wasn’t coming to him he stood from the bed and moved before her, when he stopped in front of her, he opened the box to reveal the 5 karat Solitaire cut diamond ring he had gotten her, with the help of Ororo’s best friend Jean. Ororo gasped as one of her hands shout up to her mouth to stifle her scream, as her eyes watered with her tears. He knelt down on one knee and a cry escaped her lips as the realization sunk in. “Ororo Munroe, will you do me the great honor of becoming Mrs. Victor Creed?”

“Yes!” she exclaimed as she crumbled down to him and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck as she covered his face and mouth with kisses. “Yes Victor I will marry you.”




“Yeah you must be having a good dream darlin, smiling like that.” Logan said softly as he smiled at her happy façade now holding her hand. “But please don’t dream too long, please come back to me. I swear I’m going to make it all up to you. I love you so much Ro, and I need ya, please come back ta me.”





You must login () to review.