He stood in the doorway, just out of view. He watched her as she lied in the bed, propped against a mountain of pillow. She stared out the open window as if in a trance, in another world, a look he had noticed on her face a lot since she had awaken just two days ago.

“Hello Logan,” She greeted without turning to acknowledge his present, something else he had notice she now did. He took the greeting as an invitation and moved further into the room.

“Mornin Ro.” He said as he cautiously moved up to the bedside. He walked on eggshells around her now, never knowing what mood she would be in, but knowing that he was her least favorite person at the moment. “How are you feelin?”

“Oh my head hurts, and my midsection hurts.” She said casually though the intent was vicious, meant to hurt and when she eyed him out of the corner of her eyes she could see it was a mission accomplished.

“I’m sorry,” He said lowly as she whipped her head around to him.

“Would you please stop saying that?” She said a little higher than she had intended. “I don’t care how sorry you are Logan cause it doesn’t make any of this hurt less, it doesn’t make me feel better about you. It just pisses me off, because if you truly meant it you wouldn’t keep hurting me like you do.” She said and swiftly turned her head and wiped away the tear that had fallen.

“I know you hate me, I get that and I don’t mean ta hurt you more by coming here, I just wanted ta see that yer ok.”

“I don’t hate you Logan, I wish to God everyday that I did. It would make getting over you a hell of a lot easier.”

“Ya want ta get over me?” He asked and she turned to him again with a dumbfounded look on her face.

“After everything we’re been through, all that has happened, how can you even ask that question? Besides, you didn’t seem to have much trouble getting over me and moving on.”

“I aint never gotten over you…”

“No you just slept with the first girl you met after you left me. “ She said with a glare. The subject of Emma still a sour pill for her to swallow, even though she knew it was officially over between Emma and Logan, as she was sure it was officially over between herself and Logan as well. “And don’t you dare say you’re sorry again.”

“What do you want me ta say then?” Logan asked as he pushed his hand deep into his pockets and stood looking like a broken man, as he awaited her reply.

“I don’t know.” She said in a whisper knowing he could hear it still.

“What do you want me ta do?” He asked.

“I want you to leave me alone.” She said point blank and Logan had to swallow the lump that had formed in his throat and bite his tongue to keep from begging her not to ask him to do the one thing he thought would be impossible. “Let me try to find that girl I was a few months ago before I got involved with you, the girl who didn’t hurt so much and cry so much.”

“Ya want ta be free ta be with him?” Logan asked calmly a true contradiction to how he felt inside. Ororo had to frown at the question, but then it dawn on her who Logan was referring to.

“Logan, don’t bring Victor into this, this isn’t about Victor it’s about you and I. Sorry but I can’t move on so easily.” She said as she gave him an icy stare. “But, I will continue to see Victor on a friendly basis, I understand that you and many of the other boys in this school don’t like him, but I do. What I know of him that is.”

“Yeah, and what’s that exactly Ro?” Logan asked in a near snarl.

“I don’t have to explain anything to you Logan, we’re long past that.”

“Yer telling me ya want a relationship with Victor Creed, and I aint suppose ta question it?”

I never said…”

“Boy,” A voice interrupted the heated conversation and both Logan and Ororo looked to the door. “Are my ears burning, should I come back later?”

“Victor.” Ororo said with noticeable glee as she sat up more and looked around Logan, greeting Victor with a huge smile. “No please come in, Logan just came to check on me but he’s leaving now.” Ororo said looking at Logan as she spoke. Logan could only clinch his fists and jaws as he turned to leave.

“Logan,” Creed said as they passed each other.

“Creed,” Logan threw back and the friendly manner caused Ororo to stare in wonder. Logan left the room just as Victor made his way to the bedside. Logan didn’t go far as he stood just outside peering through the crack of the door. He watched in distaste and extreme jealousy as Victor leaned over and kissed Ororo’s cheek and then pulled a bouquet of flowers from behind his back and handed them to her.

“It hurts doesn’t it?” A voice spoke to Logan just over his shoulder. “To watch someone you care about, care about someone else. Someone who use to want you, want someone else.”

“Fuck off, Emma.” Logan said gruffly to the girl who still took up residency in the room next to Ororo’s in the medlab.

“Sorry, I just find it funny how the shit we do has a tendency to come back and bite us in the ass. Guess its true what goes around comes around.” At her continued taunts Logan turned around to face her as she stood in the doorway of her room, in her nightgown, robe, and slippers.

“I know ya aint comparing the fucked up shit you tried to pull to this situation.” Logan said as he folded his arms across his chest.

“No, I’m talking about the fucked up shit you did to her. Pay back is a bitch.”

“You’d know. Being that you’re the queen bitch.” Logan threw back and could see Emma’s face crumble a bit. Emma made it no secret that she still wanted him, and he made it no secret that a snowball had a better chance in hell.

“Boy those weren’t the sweet nothings that you whispered in my ear when you made love to me Logan.”

“Boys will say whatever it takes ta get pussy, Emma, granted with you it didn’t take much.” He could see his words hurt her as her lips began to tremble. “And ya can save the tears, cause you knew then I didn’t give a fuck about you, not while I was whispering all that shit in yer ears, not even while I was in ya, but still you threw your legs open as wide as ya could. And it won’t cause ya gave a damn about me either, but you saw a sucker who you could make yer baby’s daddy.”

“Well the position is still open, maybe you should take it seeing that you’ve lost your chance with Ororo.”

“See that’s where yer wrong, Ororo loves me still and I love her, always have, always will. You couldn’t break us, and you had some powerful ammo, so I know there’s no way in hell Creed will. He as big a bastard as you are a bitch.” Logan said and then turned back to peer into Ororo’s room. “I’m not worried about Creed; I’m not worried about him at all.” Logan voiced what heart knew to be a lie.




“Babydoll, you’re looking real good.” Creed said as he tucked some of her hair back over her shoulders.

“Thanks,” Ororo said blushing a bit at his words, and then even more so as she wondered why his words had such an affect on her. “And thank you for the flowers they are lovely.”

“You’re welcome, hell it’s the least I can do after what happened to you.” Creed said as he settled on the edge of the bed beside.

“Goddess, you make it sound as if you’re to blame.” Ororo said with a small smile which quickly faded as she noticed the look of remorse in Creed’s eyes. “Oh Victor, please do not think that what happened was your fault, you are not at all to blame. I do not blame you.”

“Naw, I’m partially to blame. I provoked the runt…Logan.”

“No,” Ororo said her voice and face hardening. “Do not make excuses for Logan’s behavior. It does not take much to provoke him; he’s a hot head, always reacting irrationally. His motto is strike first, ask questions later if anyone’s left alive.” Creed chuckled a bit at her words, which he felt described him.

“That sounds a lot like me.” He said and then watched her closely to see her reaction.

“Maybe, but it’s a side you have not shown me yet, you are quite the gentleman Victor Creed.”

“Shhh...I told you don’t be saying that too loud, my reputation remember?” He said with a smile and a wink and Ororo giggled at him.

“Oh sorry I forgot,” She whispered, smiling as she playfully rolled her eyes. “But seriously Victor, please know that you were not at fault, from what I’ve heard I owe you my life. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, but you know you didn’t have to go through all this just to get out of our second date.” Creed said and it took a moment for Ororo to understand what he meant, and she again giggled.

“I assure you I would much rather have attended our second date then to be here, I’m sure it would not have been as painful an experience as this is.”

“I’m sorry Babydoll, that you’re hurtin.” He spoke as he gently stroked her cheek a movement that stunned her silent for a moment.

“Well, I’m suddenly feeling better.” She said as she threw him a coy smile before dropped her gaze from his.

“Good, then I expect a rain check.”

“Ok how about tomorrow night?” She asked and could tell by his expression her words had stunned him a bit. “Dr. Magus says I can leave tomorrow, he’s given me a clean bill of health, he just had one last test to run and wants to keep me one more night for observation.”

“Alright, then I will take you out for a celebration dinner. Does that sound good?”

“It sounds very good.” Ororo replied with another coy smile.

“So it’s a date.” Creed said as he extended his hand to hers, and she happily accepted it by grasping it into her own. Instead of shaking it Creed lifted it to his lips and gently kissed the back of her hand, and then he leaned into her and softly pressed his lips against hers. Ororo felt a bit weak in the knees and felt herself leaning further into him, but then a sudden wave of regret hit her and she quickly pulled her hand and body back. “I’m sorry.” Creed quickly apologized.

“No, it’s not you, that was nice…too nice and I…”

“You’re not over Logan, I understand.”

“Not if you think that, then no you clearly don’t understand. Mind you I’m not over Logan, no, but it wasn’t about him, it’s about me. I just don’t want to rush into anything again just because it feels really good.”

“Ok, then we’ll go as slow as you like, you set the pace of things…You thought it was a ‘really’ good kiss, huh?” Creed asked with a proud, gloating grin and Ororo playfully his chest and rolled her eyes.

“It was ok.” She replied with a grin of her own.

“No, but you said really good, I heard you.”

“Shut up.” She said as she laughed and folded her arms across her chest. Neither knew that they were being watched by hard, cold, angry, and very hurt eyes, as they continued to laugh and converse for another hour.





You must login () to review.