He could feel the weight of unseen eyes bearing on him, but it hadn’t set off any warning signs in his head that would normally have him bolting up, claws out, readying to do some damage. So he slowly opened his eyes to find sapphire ones staring back at him.

“This doesn’t change anything.” She said softly as she continued staring at him, her brow now bunching a bit. He reached out and gently stroked some of her hair from her face, and she closed her eyes reveling in his touch, letting her mouth fall agape just a bit before coming to her senses and remembering what she had just said to him. “I don’t want to go there with you again.”

“You don’t?” Logan posed the question in a challenging tone, knowing that she was lying to him and probably to herself.

“I can’t. You and I…we were toxic. It was unhealthy.”

“It wasn’t always so bad,” Logan spoke lowly and Ororo could see the hurt in his face.

“No, not all of it, but I just can’t risk going there with you again. I can’t do it again Logan.”

“No, we won’t…we won’t do it like we did before, this time it can be different.”

“How?” Ororo asked sincerely interested in hearing Logan’s idea, and silently praying that he said something valid that would allow them to reconnect.

“Well, so far in our relationship there’s been dishonesty, mistrust, and other people.” He said not caring to speak neither Victor nor Emma’s name. “So, we already know what not to do, this time we can try ta do the opposite of what we’ve been doing and see how that works.”

“That’s it, that’s your plan?” Ororo asked giggling a bit at what Logan was suggesting.

“Unless ya got a better one, other than being honest, trustworthy, and faithful with each other, yeah that’s ‘my’ plan.”

“Problem with your plan Logan is that I don’t trust you.” Ororo stated and Logan bowed his head a bit and then nodded.

“I guess I gave ya plenty of reasons not ta, but if ya give me a chance I can make it up ta ya, make it all up ta ya.” Logan said as he looked at her with pleading eyes. “Come on ‘Ro, all I’m asking for is one chance here, just one.”

“If you were asking me to kill someone, it would be an easier idea for me to consider.” Ororo attempted to joke, and Logan had to smirk a little, for he could tell by her now relaxed demeanor he was wearing her defenses down.

“Just one,” He repeated as Ororo regarded him in silence.



“Wait, that’s it….that’s where yer ending it? You can’t leave it there, what happened next?”

“Well love, being that you’re the detective here I would have thought you’d know this ending. Given the occasion and the fact that you’re here and your sister and your brother...” The older woman said as she sipped at her cup of tea, arching her eyebrows in amusement.

“Well, mom ya know Kaliyah has always been a little thick, she gets it from dad.” The youngest woman in the room spoke.

“I heard that Kenya!” As gruff voice boomed from the other room, and set off giggles from all three ladies. “I maybe old…er, but I aint lost my acute hearing yet!”

“I was just kidding daddy!” Kenya called back in reply and was rewarded with a deep growl and then a grunt.

“Love, do stop that growling, you sound like a big ole grizzly bear.” His wife called out to him and he stuck his head around the corner of the room, throwing his wife a smile.

“Well I didn’t hear ya complaining last night.” He said and threw her a wink, to which she coyly bowed her head and took another sip of her tea around a slight smile, as her cheeks took on a cinnamon hue. The two girls in the room looked to their mother and then to their father, and then to each other both with a sickened frown on their faces.

“Ewww!” They both exclaimed.

“Ok t. m. i. Dad,” Kaliyah said as she crinkled her nose and shivers a bit, trying to shake off the images of her parents having sex.

“Well how exactly do ya think you got here princess?” He asked as he leaned against the door frame, with his arms folded across his chest.

“Oh God can we please not have this discussion?” Kenya asked as she playfully plugged her ears.

“Like you don’t know about the birds and the bees and where babies come from, cause if ya don’t yer about to be in for a very rude awakening.” Kaliyah said to her baby sister as she reached out and rubbed her swollen belly.

“Yeah darling, ya do know that’s not water retention right?” Their father joked with a chuckle setting off another fit of giggles.

“I mean,” Kenya cut in rolling her eyes at her family. “That I really don’t want to know that you two are still have sex, and at your age.”

“Our age,” Ororo repeated. “48 and 49 isn’t that old dear, and it is still very possibly that you may have a little brother and sister in the near future.” Their mother said this staring directly at her husband.

“Well I’m still going with that whole Stork theory, ok. My mind just can not get around the idea of you two doing…it” Kenya spat out as if it were a curse word.

“How soon in tha near future darling?” He asked his wife who smiled loving the fact that even after all their years together he could still read her like a book. His question confused their daughters who once again stared at them, looking from one to the other.

“Well, the doctor said in about 37 weeks.” She replied and the grin on his face grew even wider as he moved to where she sat, leaning down and scooping her up into his strong arms. He then dipped her a bit and gave her a long heated kiss, one that left both their daughters blushing. He then released her and nuzzled her neck before whispering into her ear.

“Thanks for the chance ‘Ro.”

“Thank you, for never letting me regret it Logan.”

“Happy 30th anniversary darlin,”

“Happy anniversary love,”


Chapter End Notes:
Testing



You must login () to review.