“Ro,” Logan said in a whisper as he leaned down, their nose barely touching. Ororo’s own breath came in pants as her lips parted in anticipation.

“Ro,” Another called out to her breaking the trance Ororo was in, and Ororo turned to face Jubilee who still stood beside her locker. “We’re gonna be late for class.” She said with her arms crossed and tapping her foot on the floor. Ororo in turned stepped back from Logan, causing him to frown at the loss of her body heat.

“I have to go.” She said as then turned only to have Logan grasp her arm.

“Ro, please wait. We have ta talk darlin.”

“No Logan I do not think I can stomach anything else you have to say.”

“Fuck, I know I’m a dick, you know it, hell everyone in this whole damned school knows it, but I swear ta God I didn’t mean all that shit I said ta you, I was just hurt and I lashed out, wanted ta make you hurt too. I was wrong and I’m sorry, and I want ta make it up ta ya, just tell me what I have ta do. Please Ro…I love you and I don’t want ta lose you.”

“It is too late Logan. Please do not make it harder, just leave me alone.” She said and then turned to leave again.

“I can’t do that darlin, can ya honestly tell me that ya don’t love me anymore?” He asked in a somewhat pleading voice and a pang hit Ororo’s heart as she faced him again.

“No…I do,” She said as she looked down at the floor not wanting to face him when she admitted her feelings. “But with time I shall get over it.” She said looking him directly in the eyes now, watching as his face fell. “I have to go.” She said and quickly walked off, moving past Jubilee and their classroom, making her way to the nearest bathroom. Jubilee followed close behind her.

“Ro? Where are you girl?” Jubilee called out to the seemingly empty bathroom, it was the sniffles that lead her to where Ororo was, locked behind a stall door. “Ro, you can’t keep beating yourself up like this. Logan did wrong here not you.”

“Then why do I feel wrong?” A sob came through the stall door.

“Cause you still need time to get over it, over Logan.” The lock on the door clicked and Ororo emerged through.

“That is the problem, I do not want to get over Logan.”

“What?” A stunned Jubilee stared at her friend in shock. “Don’t tell me you’re gonna hook back up with that slime, after he dissed you in front of the entire school.”

“I do not care about that, about what others think of me, I cared about what Logan thinks, and when he was saying those things, he meant them, that is what hurts so much.”

“Well I guess I'll play the Devil's advocate, and don’t take this the wrong way cause you know I’m your girl and I’m with you through thick and thin, but Logan was pretty devastated when he thought you had kissed Forge.”

“But I did not kiss Forge,” Ororo said as she threw her arms in the air in defeat. “I have never thought of kissing any boy, except Logan and then only after we kissed for the first time.”

“Yeah I know and Logan knows that, now, but come on Morph made himself look like you, what was Logan suppose to think. I mean who would’ve thought Jean would be that big of a bitch to concoct such a scheme?” Ororo arched her brow to the question. “You’re right that is so Jean’s style, which is why you can’t really blame Logan for the way he reacted, at least not entirely, but he did go a bit far. I hope I’m never on the guy’s shit list.”

“I just do not know how to get past this, I can forgive Logan, a part of me already has, but I cannot forget it, the look of disgust towards me in his eyes and the venom he spit at me. Will he be like that every time he thinks I have done him wrong, I could not bear that, I am so afraid of that.”

“He broke your heart and you’re afraid he’s gonna do it again.” Jubilee said, finally understanding where her friend was coming from. Ororo nodded her head. “Well sweetheart, you better get use to a long life of loneliness, cause if the fear of getting your heartbroken is the only reason you don’t want to start a new relationship with Logan or anyone else, then you’re gonna end up all by yourself. It sucks, sure but it’s a part of life and love, it aint all puppy dogs and daisies, but when its good it’s great.” Jubilee said with a smile, which Ororo slowly matched.

“I thought you couldn’t believe I'd want to hook back up with the slime who dissed me in front of the entire school.” Ororo teased.

“Well, it’s the whole ‘if you hate’m, I hate’m’ girlfriend rule.” Jubilees said as she threw her arm around her best friend, and lead them out of the bathroom. “So what are you gonna do about Logan, you gonna makeup?” Jubilee asked as they stood in the hall and Ororo let her eyes go to where Logan still stood leaning against her locker.




“Hey,” He said startling her as she made her way out of the classroom.

“Hey,” She replied as they stood just outside the doorway, both awkwardly looking down at their feet..

“I know ya said ya didn’t want me around you anymore,” Logan spoke with a heavy sigh. “And I’ll leave ya alone, I will, I promise, but first do ya think we can go somewhere ta talk, just you and me, without all the pryin eyes and ears.” He looked at her with pleading eyes that melted her very soul, and she nodded her head in agreement. “Great, We could go ta our secret place.” Logan suggested as if the idea just popped into his head, and Ororo eyes him in suspicion. “Just ta talk in private.” Logan threw in quickly.

“Fine,” Ororo said though she wasn’t too fond of the idea of going back to the place they had made love, which had been the best time of her life. She knew she didn’t need that distraction.

The rest of the day seemed to drag on for both Logan and Ororo, and when the final bell rung they both hurried from their class, anxious to be alone and finally talk things out. Ororo met Logan in the garage as they had planned, and they were soon speeding off to their secret place.




A slight drizzle of rain began to fall as they parked the bike behind some bushes and made their way to the tin hut. The second they were safely inside the hut, Ororo turned to address Logan, and began their discussion, but instead found her body suddenly pulled to his, and her mouth covered with his.

“Mhmhm…” She moaned as she put up little protest before melting into his arms and his kiss, allowing it to deepen. It had only been a few days since they had fallen out, but she had missed the feel of his calloused hands on her soft skin and the taste of him in her mouth. After several long minutes of showing each other with their mouths, just how much they missed each other, they pulled apart, but kept their foreheads together both panting their hot breath into the other’s face.

“God I’ve missed ya Ro.” Logan was the first to speak as he reached up and stroked her hair. Ororo remained speechless, just enjoying the closeness. She closed her eyes and let the love song playing the background entrapped her.

*******


Is it my turn to wish you were lying here.
I tend to dream you when I'm not sleeping.
Is it my turn to fictionalize my world.
Or even imagine your emotions to tell myself anything...
Is it my turn to hold you by your hands.
Tell you I love you and you not hear me...
Is it my turn to totally understand.
To watch you walk out of my life and not do a damn thing...

*******


Ororo slowly lifted her head to stare up at Logan, who simply smirked as he began to sway them to the tune he had purposely put on. With a slight shake of her head, a smile, and a roll of her eyes, she laid her head against his chest and allowed herself to be lead in a slow dance.

*******


If I have to give away...
The feeling that I feel.
If I have to sacrifice...
Oh, whatever babe, whatever baby.
If I have to take apart...
All that I am...
Is there anything that I would not do,
'Cause inside I'd die without you...
'Cause inside I'd die without you...
'Cause inside I'd die without you...

*******


“I would, I am.” Logan said softly in response to the lyrics and Ororo’s eyes began to water. She knew Logan could be a romantic but she had never before seen or heard this sensitive side of him. She tightened her grip on him as they continued their dance.

*******


Oh, I apologize for all the things I've done.
But now I'm underwater and I'm drowning...
Is it my turn to be the one to cry.
Isn't it amazing how some things just completely turn around...
So take every little piece of my heart...
So take every little piece of my soul...
So take every little piece of my mind...
'Cause if you're gone... inside...
I'd die without you...

If I have to give away...
The feeling that I feel.
If I have to sacrifice...
Oh, whatever babe, whatever baby.
If I have to take apart...
All that I am...
Is there anything that I would not do,
'Cause inside I'd die without you...
'Cause inside I'd die without you...
'Cause inside I'd die without you...
'Cause inside I'd die without you...
'Cause inside I'd die without you...
'Cause inside I'd die without you...
'Cause inside I'd die without you...
'Cause inside I'd die without you...
'Cause inside I'd die without you...

*******


The song ended but the couple swayed on until Logan finally stopped them and reached down to lift Ororo’s face, which was wet with her own tears. He gently wiped at them. “Please forgive me Ro, please.”



Song: I'd Die Without You-->By PM DAWN from the BOOMERANG soundtrack





You must login () to review.