It has now been six months since the battle with the Inner Circle, and the X-men are now at peace, which means classes. But it won't stay like that for long...

"Yeowch!" Logan cried as he turned to his partner, Ororo Munroe. "Hey, Storm, watch it with the lightning bolts, will ya?"

"I can't help the fact that you're too close to my lightning bolts, Wolverine. Maybe next time you'll move "

Wolverine growled and playfully tried to swipe her out of the air. She dodged his claws with grace. "Too slow," she taunted. He swiped again and again repeatedly at her, but each time, she dodged them easily, giggling.

Suddenly, pain shot through her head, and she couldn't concentrate...

AP


Emma Frost suddenly gasped as pain flashed through her head, and sank to her knees. "Emma!" Hisako Ichiki cried as she ran to her teacher.

"Storm..." Emma strained, and then the pain suddenly stopped.Emma got up with Hisako's help."I;m alright, Hisako," she said, turning to the window, and seeing Storm on the ground. "But I don't think Storm is."

AP


Wolverine jumped, and, this time, managed to knock Storm out of the air. Storm groaned as she landed on her hands and knees. Wolverine snorted. "I think you need to work on your landing skills." When there wasn't a response, he turned to her, not taking in the fact that she was trembling. "Hey, I'm sorry if I hit ya too hard..." It was then that he registered her moans of pain. At first, he thought she was faking. Now, he was concerned.

"Wolverine!" someone called behind him. He turned to see Emma and Hisako running out of the mansion. Emma stopped next to Storm and knelt down, trying to get Storm to look at her.

AP


The pain was excruciating. It subsided a little at one point, but then spiked again.She wasn't aware of anything her- at least, not until Emma put her hands around her face."Storm," she said. "Storm, I know you're in pain, but I need you to listen to me. I'm going to put you to sleep. Okay? This is just so that we can get you to the infirmary."

After that, darkness engulfed her.

AP


"What happened, Wolverine?" Emma demanded as she got up.

"How am I supposed to know, Frost?"

"You were the only one out here."

"Look, I don't know what happened. We were just doing some battle practice, and she shot me with her lightning bolts on accident, and then we started messing around. Next thing I know, when she hit the ground, she started moaning in pain, and I thought she was faking it. Then you start running out here with Hisako, and I knew she wasn't faking it then."

"Well she certainly wasn't faking it. Someone's trying to access her mind. It certainly wasn't me, and I doubt Charles would have such an issue that Storm would be in pain."

Logan scooped up Storm, and turned back to Emma. "Why do we need to take her to the infirmary?"

"Just to be on the safe side."

AP


Storm awoke in the infirmary, with the rest of the team on the opposite side, all huddled together. "I don't know what to think of it," Hank McCoy said. "Physically there's nothing wrong with her. But mentally I can't say."

"Is she having a secondary?" Hisako asked worriedly.

"No," Emma said reassuringly, shooting Hank a warning look.

Logan was the first to see Storm as he looked up. "Hey, 'Ro."

The entire group turned toward her. "Ororo!" Hisako cried happily, rushing over to give Storm a hug.

Storm smiled and looked up at everyone else."What's going on?"

AP


Charles Xavier was relieved to hear Storm was awake. He was concerned that she was somehow injured in the fight six months ago, but Hank had said that there was nothing wrong with her physically, but he didn't know mentally. Charles, himself, knew though, that Storm was one of the most mentally sound people he knew.

Charles was also very doubtful of mind-control, despite Emma's theory. That person would have received one devil of a headache.

However... there was one person who might have been able to penetrate Storm's static...

Charles shook his head at the thought. He had destroyed that person several years ago. Long before he had formed the X-men. It was impossible to think that he had come back from the dead. Wasn't it?





You must login () to review.