Storm rested her head against Logan's back as they rode through the twilight. Sheenjoyed the wind in her face, whipping her long silver hair back. When the back stopped, Storm's eyes were half-closed in content.

Logan would've sworn she was asleep, judging by how relax her muscles were, it was surprising she hadn't fallen off during the ride. He didn't want to ruin it, but he knew he had to if he wanted to show her a special spot. "Wake up, darlin'," he said, rubbing her arm gently.

She reluctantly released her grasp around his waist, and got off the bike. Logan followed suit and putting the kick stand down. "Where are we?" Storm asked.

Logan gave her a wolfish grin. "You'll see," he said taking her by the hand.

She gave him a small smile and allowed him to lead her through the forest. He stopped just before they reached their spot and made her close her eyes. "How much further?" Storm said, smiling and laughing a bit as Logan kept on guiding her.

"Not far," he replied, enjoying his torment. When he finally stopped, he had to cut off any stray thoughts about her before things got out of hand. "Open now," he whispered in her ear.

She gasped when she saw the beautiful lake that shimmered in the moonlight and smiled. The feeling didn't last long, though as thoughts of her former marriage entered her mind.

"What's wrong, 'Ro?" Logan asked, his voice laced with concern.

"Nothing, it's beautiful," she said, quickly trying to cover it up. However, Wolverine knew better than to believe that. She sighed when she didn't see a change in his reaction. "The annulment between me and T'Challa... I blame myself for it."

"Why?" Logan asked, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

She sniffed and wiped her eyes. "You already know our marriage was falling apart... during our search for Hope, we had to go through Wakanda territory, and he cut off my powers somehow. I-I sort of lost it then..."

A gentle sprinkle began to fall as the tears slowly began streaming down her face. Logan enveloped her in his embrace and she buried her face in his chest.

He placed his hand on the back of her skull, stroking her soft silky hair as he shushed her gently, comforting her the best way he knew how. "You can't blame yourself, 'Ro," Logan told her gently. "The Phoenix had everyone at each others throats. He's just upset because of what happened to Wakanda." A thought came to mind, and he hoped that he wouldn't upset her by asking her the question. "Where were you anyway when Wakanda was attacked?"

Storm sniffed again, her muscles tensing for all of a moment. "In the middle of trying to rescue the Avengers from Magik and Colossus."

Logan almost clenched his fists, but thought better of it. Hinting that he wanted to murder her ex wouldn't do either of them any good. She shited so that her back was to his chest, and his arms around her shoulders. Old feelings from a lifetime ago came back to overwhelm him as he scent wafted up from her hair to the wind and into his nostrils. Now's not the time, he thought firmly for the second time, forcing thoughts of kissing her soft lips once again back from his mind. She just went through a painful breakup- if it could even be called that- and you're already thinking about ways to sweep her off her feet the way you should've before she married that son of a gun.

Storm sighed, nestling deeper into Logan's embrace, snapping him out of his thoughts. "I think we should head back now, darlin'," he said. "It's getting late."

Storm nodded and followed him back to the bike.

CoaBH

When they reached the school, he walked her back to her room. After giving each other a hug, they went their separate ways.

He had a bad night, though, and woke up around one. Rubbing his eyes, he got out of bed and walked around the school. He didn't realize he was in Storm's room until he saw her fast asleep, serene and peaceful. Quiet as a cat, he walked toward her bed and smoothed back some of her hair. He froze when she stirred, but continued to watch her peaceful form. When she didn't wake, he went from her hair to her cheek and felt a tug at his heart. He knew he didn't deserve her, but his heart said something different.

He shook his head, there was no way she would choose him, though. Feeling sleep tug at him once again, he leaned toward her ear. "Sweet dreams, darlin'..." he whispered in her ear, not having the courage just to tell her that he loved her.

A/N: Okay, so that's all I got for ya now. Rumor's going around (and I know RoLo fans are psyched about this, cause I nearly died when I found out), that there's a new comic coming out in January- assuming that the world doesn't end, lol- called date night featuring the fave couple. The cover is Storm and Logan kissing. I'm seriously gonna try to get my hands on this one, so hopefully it can influence this in the slightest bit... which unfortunately means no updates until then for this story :( But hey, who needs this when the comic is coming out? lol. I also hope I got that part right about Storm saving the Avengers captured by Magik and Colossus, again, I haven't read the series, so it's all based on rumors and what I've heard/ found on the internet.





You must login () to review.