"Storm?" Logan called when he reached her door. "Storm, it's Logan. Can I come in?" He sighed when his only reply was silence. He and Storm had had a rough start, but gradually they had reached a point where they had a mutual respect for each other. To Logan, Storm was more than a colleague, but a very dear friend- perhaps more than just a good friend. They'd been flirting a lot with each other before she was married; there were also plenty of times when one was in pain, the other would come to comfort them. To see Storm in pain, though, made him want to strangle the guy. "'Ro..." he said softly, hoping she would open the door.

CoaBH

Storm sat on her bed, looking at her double french doors as the rain poured down.

"Our marriage was annulled by the High Priest of the Panther Clan. You are not my wife any more."

She knew that this was bound to happen at some point, but she didn't think he would've ended it. She had tried to push past the memory for the past two days, but her broken heart wouldn't let her. She had given everything to T'Challa, and he had taken it and more away from her. She looked up as there was another knock on the door. She wondered for a moment if it was the kids again, but then heard a deep gruff voice... one that always seemed to make her feel better when no one else hesitated getting up at first. "'Ro," he called softly.

She got up from her bed and walked to her door, unlocking it.

CoaBH

A moment later the white-haired beauty opened the door. Her eyes were red and puffy, and there were tear tracks on her cheeks that were still fresh. "C'mere, darlin'," he whispered to her with open arms. Storm obliged him as she sobbed into his chest. "Shh," Logan soothed, rubbing her back and stroking her soft white hair. "It's alright, 'Ro."

"I don't understand, Logan..." she whispered. "I just don't understand."

"What?" Logan asked, cupping her cheeks and wiping the tears from her eyes. "What don't you understand?"

"Where it all went wrong," she said, turning to walk back to her bed and sit down.

"What happened in Wakanda, 'Ro?" Logan asked, walking toward the bed and sitting down next to her.

"I had no idea the Wakanda was basically destroyed. When I got there, I tried to talk to T'Challa, but he wouldn't listen..." her voice cracked as her heart began to ache once again. "The next thing I know, he said that he's annulled our marriage."

That was a huge shock to Logan. Granted he knew that their marriage was in a rough patch, and he didn't like the guy anyway- but that didn't mean that he didn't support her decision. What made things worse though was that he knew how much she loved T'Challa, and now he decided to abuse his authority to dissolve their marriage without giving Storm a say, and breaking her heart

"I'm sorry, 'Ro," he said wrapping his arm around her comfortingly.

Storm gave in to his embrace, seeking his comfort. Even while she was married, the moments that she had with Logan, she had pondered; but, they had never crossed the line. Their friendship was still as strong as ever. It wasn't long before the rain completely stopped completely stopped, but the sky was still gray. "Thank you, Logan," she whispered.

"No problem, darlin'," Logan replied. He got up and left the room, stopping briefly at the doorway. "I need you by the front door in five minutes, though."

"Why?"

Logan winked at her. "You'll see."


Chapter End Notes:
Keep me updated please on what's going on.



You must login () to review.