Four years later...

Storm and Logan were out shopping with Scott and Jean. That meant the kids were left in the care of Rogue, Kitty, Jubilee, and Rachel. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" Storm asked.

"'Ro, you got to relax, " Jean said. "They're in the best of hands at the mansion. What could possibly go wrong?"

"I wouldn't say that if I were you, Jeannie," Logan said. "That just makes her more nervous."

Scott chuckled a little, until his wife glared at him to shut up. "I'm serious, Storm, nothing is gonna happen to them. They'll be fine."

"Alright," Storm said, following the advice of her best friend.

PtF

Meanwhile, in the mansion:

"Alright girls, what do ya wanna do while your parents are away?" Rogue asked Hope and Kendall.

"Wii?" they asked, their eyes wide.

"Perfect thing ta do while your parents are away," Rogue said. "What games?"

"Just Dance!"

Rogue looked to the other girls. "You got yourself into this one, Rogue," Kitty said. "You can get yourself out."

"I'm sure they're not gonna mind," Rogue said, putting in Just Dance 4. "They probably won't be paying attention to the lyrics too much. Not to mention, it's great exercise for the children."

"What songs are on it?" Jubilee asked. They looked through the song list, and nearly freaked when the two top summer hits were on it. Rogue and Jubilee decided to take turns.

I threw a wish in the well,
Don't ask me, I'll never tell
I looked to you as it fell,
And now you're in my way...

A few minutes later, the girls had an audience out in the hallway.

Your stare was holdin',
Ripped jeans, skin was showin'
Hot night, wind was blowin'
Where you think you're going, baby?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

It's hard to look right,
At you baby,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

And all the other boys,
Try to chase me,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
I missed you so bad
I missed you so, so bad

Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
And you should know that
I missed you so, so bad

Gambit and Colossus were in the hall with Bobby, watching the girls dance to the song with a fascinating interest. Rogue flopped onto the couch, breathing heavily, as Jubilee took the remote from her. The boys waited until the chorus to come in.

Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
If only you saw what I can see,
You'll understand why I want you so desperately,
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
Oh oh,
That's what makes you beautiful

Rogue turned to see the boys there. "Get out boys, this is a girls party!"

"We just wanted to watch, Chere," Gambit said, sitting next to his girlfriend.

"If Wolverine catches you here, Gumbo, he's gonna have a fit- considering that the little ones are playing a dancing game," Rogue pointed out.

"Can't we at least stay until the end of this song?" Bobby asked.

"One song," Rogue said, watching Kendall and Hope jump around to the beat. "And then your fate is in your hands."

PtF

"I can't believe you bought six dresses, Storm!" Jean exclaimed as they walked out of the store. "I'm a bad influence on you."

"You betcha, Jeannie," Logan said with a sly grin. Every dress Storm tried on made her outshine everyone at the store... and made Logan have some very inappropriate thoughts that should be kept in the bedroom.

"Remind me again who's idea it was to take her shopping again?" Scott asked Logan.

"Very funny," Jean scoffed. "Well at least we had a good time. We should do this more often."

The men groaned. "If we do this again, the men choose the activity," Logan said. The best idea he had in mind was dinner and a movie. They had been gone from the kids for over two hours now, and Logan knew Storm was anxious to get back to Kendall. Truth be told, so was he, but he also enjoyed spending time with his wife and friends.

"I wonder what the kids are doing?" Storm mused as they reached the car.

"Not again, Storm," Jean said. "Kendall and Hope are just fine. It's not like they're watching some sort of crime drama." Storm looked at her, and Jean remembered that Rogue wanted to watch the season finale of Major Crimes. "On second thought, let's get back to the mansion."

"Leave it to Jeannie to get 'Ro anxious," Logan whispered to Scott.

"I heard that Wolverine..."

As they walked in, Scott went to see the Professor, while the other three went to the rec room.

If you go hard you gotta get on the floor
If you're a party freak then step on the floor
If your an animal then tear up the floor
Break a sweat on the floor
Yeah we work on the floor
Don't stop keep it moving
Put your drinks up
Pick your body up and drop it on the floor
Let the rhythm change your world on the floor
You know we're running it tonight on the floor
Brazil, Morocco
London to Ibiza
Straight to L.A. New York
Vegas to Africa (Dale!)

The three adults walked into the teenagers and their two kids dancing to JLo's 'Get on the Floor'. The two women had their arms crossed. "Is that song appropriate for them?" Jean asked. All four players froze in place, putting the game on pause.

"Who let these two on the Wii?" Rogue demanded, looking at Kitty and Jubilee.

"You did," they both replied. There was no way they were getting blamed for this.

"Just Dance 4?! C'mon, these two were supposed to be playing Mario Kart. Seriously, who let them play Just Dance?"

"You did," they repeated, this time both Kendall and Hope joined in, pointing their fingers at Rogue.

Rogue looked at the adults. "Ah ain't gettin' outta this one, am ah?"

The three adults shook their heads. "Not a chance, darlin'," Logan said.

PtF

Outside the mansion, amber eyes looked out toward the mansion. "They're all here," he said into his head set.

"Remember, we only want the woman and the child," someone replied. "Alive."

Victor Creed smiled. He'd deliver them to his masters alive alright, but then he wanted the woman to himself. How he'd love to feel her writhing beneath him one more time; screaming at the top of her lungs... music to his ears. For now, though, he waited for the perfect moment to strike.





You must login () to review.