The first day they arrived in Africa, Kendall was very fascinated about the surrounding area. The only thing that she didn't like was the weather, which made Storm chuckle. She was very excited to know that she would be sleeping over with Laura in the cabin next door to the main house. Before going to bed that night, Storm circled around the area so that she could make plans with Logan.

"You said there was a pride of lions around here?" Logan asked, kissing her neck.

"Yup," she replied. "I also saw Cheetahs, zebras, and other antelope that I'm sure Kendall would be glad to see." She kissed him deeply, moaning into his lips. After awhile the two fell asleep in each others arms. Storm was having a hard time falling asleep, though. Her eyes snapped open when she heard something snap from from outside. Grabbing her robe, her hand cackled with electricity. She opened the door and looked out. She couldn't sense any movement, and there weren't any suspicious shadows that she could detect. She shook her head, cursing the paranoia she always got this time of year. Suddenly, a hand wrapped around her waist. She gasped, shocking the culprit.

"Yowch!" He cried. "'Ro..."

"Goddess, Logan," she said, a hand to her chest. "You shouldn't sneak up on a woman like that." After a moment, Logan got up and walked to his wife. "I'm sorry, Logan," she whispered, tears coming down her face.

Logan nuzzled hugged her tightly, stroking her hair. "No, I'm sorry, darlin'." He pulled back to look into her tear streaked eyes. "I forgot how jumpy you could be sometimes."

After a moment, Logan led her back into the bedroom. "There's something I forgot to tell you," she said.

"What's that?" Logan asked, brushing her hair back.

One week ago...

Storm and Kendall were walking back toward the mansion with Jean from the mall. "How are Hope and I supposed to live with our best friends on the other side of the world?" Jean exclaimed.

"It's only for two weeks Jean," Storm laughed."Besides, you can call us everyday- except at night."

"You so owe me," Jean grumbled.

Storm laughed, and looked down at her side, realizing that Kendall wasn't there. "Kendall... Kendall!"

"What's wrong, Storm?" Jean asked.

"Kendall's gone!"

"What?!" Jean exclaimed, psi-scanning the area. "She couldn't have gone far. Hope," she turned to her little girl. "Did you see where Kendall went?"

"She's right there, mommy," Hope replied, pointing to a white-haired little girl, running toward them.

"Storm, behind you."

Storm turned around to see her daughter running toward her. "Mommy!"

"Kendall!" Storm exclaimed, racing to her little girl, picking her up. "Oh, Kendall! Don't scare me like that." She hugged her daughter tightly. "Where did you go?" she asked putting Kendall down.

"I got a ball from a nice man," she said, holding up an orange bouncy ball.

"Kendall, you don't take things from strangers," Storm scolded, a little harsher than she intended.

"Storm..." Jean said putting a hand on her best friends shoulder. "Easy, it was a mistake." I know how freaked out you were, if I were in your place, I'd probably would have done the same thing; but she's safe, you need to calm down.

Storm took a breath, listening to her friend's words in her mind. "I'm sorry, Kendall," she said, hugging her daughter again. "Who did you get the ball from?"

"That man over there," Kendall replied, pointing at him.

Storm turned and gasped inwardly, her mind going haywire as she fought back the emotions that were beginning to overwhelm her; it was a miracle the weather hadn't changed yet. The only thing outwardly noticeable was that her body had gone rigid, and the fear that clearly shown in her eyes. The man she was looking at was tall and blonde, with canine's as sharp as a Sabretooth's. He gave her a sick twisted smile before disappearing into the shadows.

"Ororo?" Jean asked, both mentally and verbally before placing a hand on her friend's shoulder. "Are you alright?"

Storm jumped slightly, her thoughts coming back to the present. "Yeah, Kendall, go talk with Hope for a little bit, we'll be right behind you."

Kendall nodded, joining her friend. "What's wrong?" Jean asked, her voice laced with concern.

Storm took a breath to calm her nerves, noticing that her hands were shaking a bit. "I saw him," she whispered, so that her daughter wouldn't hear.

"Who?" Jean asked, gently probing Storm's mind to find out who she was talking about. Then it hit her. "Sabretooth?" Storm nodded, looking away- both with fear and shame. Almost five years ago, Storm had been pregnant with what would have been her first child. After Sabretooth took what he wanted, however, she'd had a miscarriage. The memory was still raw and painful, despite it being so long ago. "It's alright, 'Ro," Jean said, hugging her friend.


"Why didn't you tell me, 'Ro?" Logan asked quietly, struggling to keep the anger out of his voice. It wasn't at her, he knew she wouldn't keep something like this from him if it was serious, but it was at Sabretooth who could've grabbed his only child. He knew Storm couldn't go through the process of losing another child, it would destroy her.

"I didn't want to see you worked up before our vacation," Storm replied. "I also didn't want Kendall to see you like that."

Logan hugged his wife, kissing her tenderly. "Why were you at the door?" he asked, trailing his kisses to her neck and back up again, getting her to relax in his arms.

"I thought I heard a noise outside," she replied, moaning as his hands moved to her shoulders for a massage. "I guess I'm just being paranoid again."

"I understand, darlin'," he whispered in her ear, hugging her tightly to him. "Considering what happened, I doubt you'll ever be truly healed; but, at least you don't take it out on me."

She chuckled. "Of course not, you did nothing to me."

"What do you think we should do for the rest of the night?" he asked seductively.

"Sleep," she replied. "But, we could be a little devious first."

"Woman, I like the way you think."

PtF

The next day, the family went out on a Serengeti trek, looking at all the different animals that lived in Africa. Later on in the afternoon, Logan left to get some more groceries so that they would survive the rest of the two weeks. Leaving Laura-aka, Talon, aka, X-23- alone with Storm and Kendall. "I'm going to take Kendall out onto the swing set, Storm," Laura called, leading her to the back.

"I'll be out in a minute," Storm replied, putting the pasta and sauce on simmer. She also answered the phone, which was for Laura. Storm called out to her, as she took off the apron. Next thing she knew, her phone was disconnected, and Laura still hadn't come in with Kendall.

Knowing that this wasn't her paranoia, Storm called to them a third time, her instincts telling her that something was severely wrong. A disturbance in the air caught her attention. "Laura?"

"Not quite, Princess," a distinctive growl replied. She gasped, walking back into the kitchen as amber eyes stared at her hungrily. "I'm afraid my brother's clone is a little preoccupied at the moment."

"Sabretooth," she whispered, backing up toward the stove as he stepped out of the shadows.

"I'm glad you remembered me," Sabretooth said, stepping closer to her. Storm could feel the heat radiating from both pots, both handles pointed toward her.

"Where's Kendell?" Storm demanded, fighting back the images of him on top of her, violating her body.

"Runt jr?" Sabretooth asked, laughing at her expression. "She's fine. She's with the runt's clone... For now anyway." He took a another step closer, enjoying the fear that was coming off of her in waves. "Come with me quietly, and you'll see your precious little girl again." He was so close now that she could smell him, practically touch him, which she knew is what he wanted. "We could perhaps also do a couple of other things..." he whispered, his claw going up her bare arm. She fought back a shudder as she pulled that arm away from him, the other going for the sauce pot.

"What makes you think," she began, trying hard to mask out all the fear in her voice, even though she knew he could smell it on her. "That I would do anything with you after what you did to me five years ago?"

His claw went to her beautiful face, which she jerked away from. He smiled, seeing through her little façade. "I don't know, perhaps the safety of your daughter?" She glared at him, but her eyes also showed fear. "That's right, Witch, I control if your daughter lives or dies. Do as I say, and you two will be a happy family once again."

She knew he was lying to her. It couldn't be that simple. she prayed that Logan would return the handle to the pot, she hoped this would buy her some time. "Never!" She cried, knocking Sabretooth over the head with the pot, while spilling the sauce all over his face. The blow didn't knock him out, but it did have him roaring in pain, giving Storm a few precious seconds to flee. "Kendall!" She cried, hoping Sabretooth had lied to her about stealing her daughter.

She was about to sink to her knees in despair, when someone bowled her over. "Big mistake,Princess," he growled, pinning her down as he knocked her out.





You must login () to review.