"What is it, Leila?" Kitty asked, opening the window.

"Something's up with Storm," Leila replied. "I don't know what... but it's something bad."

"How do you know?"

"Dragon sense..." Leila said hesitantly. She didn't expect many to understand, but that sixth sense had saved her butt on more than one occasion. "Please, I know there's something wrong."

Kitty sighed, phasing herself through the window. What was there to lose? Leila grabbed her wrist and flew them up, Lockheed close behind.

BS

Logan looked at his watch. Another couple of hours on this trail, and he'd be home again with his girlfriend... and all the other chaos that came with the territory. But, first, he'd promised Storm that she could treat him to a romantic weekend for his birthday.

He started to walk again, but stopped when a scent came wafting up to his nostrils. It was stale, but very familiar to him. He paused to figure out which direction it was taking... and sped off toward.

BS

Kitty and Leila entered Storm's room, surprised to see the door was open. "This is creepy..." Kitty said as they walked into the room. "Storm..."

Lockheed started chattering about something, Leila turned, and talked to him in a similar fashion. They stopped and she sighed. "They're not here."

"What is she?"

"Lockheed said that Logan's greatest enemy was here..." she trailed off when she noticed scarlet drops on the ground. "Nice call, Lockheed, "she said bending over.

"What?" Kitty asked, confused.

"Lockheed said that he could smell blood, but very faint."

"I will never understand how you two communicate."

"It's a slightly different dialect than what I'm used to with mingons- or mini dragons- but I usually can pick up the gist."

"Well at least she's not dead... " Kitty trailed off hesitantly.

"Why would she be?"

"Logan's enemy kills Logan's girlfriends on his birthday every year..."

"Nice gift," Leila muttered. "Well, I guess it's a good sign there's no pools... otherwise we would be in serious trouble."

"Tell me about it. I'm gonna get Rachel and see if she can find Storm."

BS

Rachel was in the middle of class when Kitty and Leila came in, so it was another hour before she was able to come out and talk with them. By then, though, things had escalated. "Where is he?" a gruff voice demanded.





You must login () to review.