Logan walked up to Ororo still holding Kendall in his arms. She was reaching for her mother and softly purring. Ororo accepted her and held her close, Kendall cupped her mothers face in her hand and gave her a few sniffs before settling into her and closing her eyes. Logan watched the little girl with fascination.

"Its how she makes sure that its me i guess" Ororo said softly bouncing their child. Logan nodded still watching her.

"Wh-Whats her name" Logan asks softly.

"Kendall Dane Howlette....i hope you dont mind i gave her your surname." Ororo says looking at him.

"No, she mine ah would be mad if she aint carry it" Logan says looking back at her. "How old is she ro" logan ask stepping closer to her.

"shes six months today" Ororo says quieting her with a cool teething ring. Kendall took it quickly and began to chew it she looked at her mother and smiled.

"Im so sorry but i had to do -" Logan was cut off by a kiss from ororo. When he opened his eyes again he saw her looking at him with a soft smile.

"I dont care logan....your home now....but i have to know. Is this a pit stop or are you staying" Ororo says shifting kendall who is still chewing her ring happily. Logan reached out and pulled her to him careful not to crush kendall, he kissed her softly and then pulled her shirt down a little to see the mark he left on her. He smiled and kissed it softly.

"Im home darlin'....and i have someone to get to know" he said kissing kendalls head. She looked up with droopy eyes and yawned. "She tired?" Logan asks.

"Probably...would you like to join us in the loft?" Ororo asks. Logan follows without hesitation to the loft.

"Roro are you ok?" Jean ask giving logan a death glare. Logan rolled his eyes at her.

"yes jean im fine, gonna go put her down for a nap, before she gets cranky" Ororo answers. Jean nods still glaring at logan as they make their way to the loft. When they enter logan notices a few changes to the room, mostly to accomodate to the baby. He smiled when he saw she still had his picture in a frame on the nightstand. "Can you take her for a second" She asks.

"Uh yea...i can" he says taking her carefully. He sat on the bed and kicked off his boots before leaning back. on the bed. He could feel kendall tense and it was making him nervous.

"relax, she can feel your tense, probably smell it too" Ororo says joining them on the bed. Logan nods and takes a few deep breathes. "See its not scary....shes alot like you logan" Ororo says softly stroking his beard. Logan looks down at her. shes clutching his shirt and he can hear her softly sniffing him. he traces her little knuckes with his fingers. He notices little scars over her knuckles. He looks at ro trying to fight his tears. "I told you shes a lot like you" she says softly resting her head on his shoulder.

"She has three like i do on each hand" logan says still tracing her knuckles. kendall grunts unhappily when she felt her father touch her knuckles.

"No, she has four...the three like you and she has one that comes from the bottom of her wrist." ororo shows logan the scars on her wrist. "She cant control them so well yet, but they only come when shes scared or upset."

Logan nods as he watches his daughter drift to sleep peacefully. "she talkin a little yet" logan ask rubbing her back.

"not so much talking. its more grunts and purrs...but they sound different so you kinda know what she wants." ororo says stretching out. "would you like to put her in the play pin while shes out."

"no i wanna hold her...." logan trailed off. kendall shifted in her sleep. "I missed you baby." he says looking at her tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "tell me about her...i wanna know everything"
Ororo rolled onto her stomach and rested her head on her hands. "lets see....she smells and hears everything. she has fangs, she chews everything. ummm....she loves oranges and nectarines. She loves story time and playing with blocks. loves her time in the garden and pool. Shes not a big fan of sudden noise......shes ok with being by herself, but not for a long time really...maybe thirty minutes. long enough for a shower. thats all i can think of right now." ororo says looking up at logan.

"Shes beautiful ro.....i cant believe i helped make her. im just sorry i missed everything." logan says with his head down. "im never leaving you two again...i promise"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~in the rec room~~~~~~~~~~~

jean sat on the couch watching her husband pace back and forth.

"i wont stand for this jeannie" scott says while pacing. his jaw clinched and back straight looking like a soldier.

"why is he here scott....he cant just come and go now. He has a baby!" Jean says angrily.

"He doesnt have a baby...ro has a baby, hes the donor" Scott says sitting down next to her.

"get ah damn life you two!" Anna shouts walking past the rec room.

"Were trying to protect her!" Scott yells.

"Watch who you be talkin to homme" Remy says walking up behind Anna. The group continues to argue for the next thirty minutes.

~~~~~~~back in the loft~~~~~

ororo has drifted to her own nap and logan is sitting on the couch on the balcony still holding kendall enjoying the afternoon breese. he can hear them arguing downstairs and it doesnt surprise him. He just shakes his head and looks over at ro sleeping.

"this what ya ma been dealing with?" he says softly.





You must login () to review.