Logan opened the door for ororo and kendall. Kendall clung tightly to her mother as she drifted in and out of sleep. Logan watched as ororo quietly talked to her. He could see the love between them and it made him happy knowing his pup was taken care of by such a loving woman.

"Im going to go put her down. Will you be joining me in the loft?" Ororo ask looking over to Logan. Logan walks over to where they are standing and softly kisses kendalls head, then he kissed Ororo on the lips softly.
"Ill get the room ready" He told her softly tilting her head so her forehead touched his. She softly smiled at his gesture. That was one thing she missed his sutle affection when it was just the two of them. Logan went up to the loft while ororo cleaned and put kendall to bed. He turned the sheets back, stripped down and climbed in bed sighing contently as the memory foam molded to his tired, heavy body. He looked in the nightstand and his book was still there. he smilled to himself as he picked it up opening to where he left off. He looked up when he heard the door open he looked up and softly smiled as ro walked through the door. "Hey darlin" he greeted her.
She smiled at him softly. "Hey" she replied climbing into bed with him curling up next to him. Logan wraped one of his thick arms around her and slowly caressed her side as he read quietly. "Logan" ororo called softly to her lover. Logan put his book down on the nightstand and gave her all of his attention. "Tell me where you were...and how you feel being back" she says softly tracing circles on his chest. Logan took a deep breath and pulled her closer to him.

"I went ta Canada.....i fixed my house case you wanted ta go an live wit me there. I never thought id be gone fer that long. After i fixed my house i went an track down the worst gutter trash god thought up. Ro i destroyed the weapon x facility, took me nine months ta find it an when i did i saw red an everyone in there. aint care if they had anythin ta do with me bein done like i was i just destroyed and when i was done i went back ta my house...i couldnt snap outta it. i was beserk. I roamed the woods round the house and tried to calm myself an i just couldnt, i was to caught up in the thought of what they did ta me and what they coulda done ta you and thats what that damn thing i got was living off of. hate. i missed ya and i fought everyday ta get back to ya an im so sorry ya had to go through carryin and havin kendall by yerself. i feel like shit cause of it. if i was here she probably wouldnt be so anxious around me." Logan said while holding her close, he sniffed her hair to calm himself. She wraped her leg around him and sighed.

"The worst part for me was that i didnt know how to feel. I didnt know if i should be angry, sad, or mourn you.....so i drifted about just focusing on kendall. Everyone told me to give her my surname and forget about you. I could not do her that disservice, she would eventually ask questions about where she comes from and if she had certain abilities, which she does, i couldnt teach her to use them or to control it. For the first time in a long time i was scared that i would fail someone, let alone someone that came out of me." She said softly into his shoulder. "Just give her a little time logan...she sees me ok with you so she letting you in slowly. I can tell you that you are in better with her than Scott, she just started tolerating Jean a week before you came back"

"Really?" Logan asked in disbeleif

"Yes, at breakfast look at scotts arms, hes scratched up and got a few bite marks....once she got a hold of his back up shades and he tried to get them back and she growled one time and he let her have them." ororo says yawning. Logan smirked at the thought of his little girl punking Scott and not even being a year old yet. Logan lay silent for a while until he heard her breathing change letting him know she was asleep. He joined her soon after.





You must login () to review.