Author's Chapter Notes:
Ororo's grades are down
Ororo wakes up with a start from her dream, with tears in her eyes, the stress of finals bringing back old childhood nightmares. Like some sort of sweet miracle she hears his soft cultured voice.

"Ororo, I would like to speak with you,” He says trying to get her attention from the floor below her. The tone of his voice is innocent enough to know that he was serious."Meet me in my office."

"Yes, sir,” She answers.She rubs her hands over her face.And gets out of bed. She walks the short hallway and waits for the elevator she steps in once the elevator opens with a whoosh.

"Hello, Ororo"

"Vi , The grand office please,"Ororo tells the Computer."Yes ma'ma"She answered. The elevator music was playing a relentless cheerful song.And Ororo groans.

The elevator comes to a smooth halt as Ororo reached her floor she steps out into a corridor. Her footsteps, echoing. He stops at a set Large doors.

A warm, mahogany-paneled room Charles office was intimidating, but yet had a at home feeling.

"Hello Ororo, come in"

Ororo hesitates. "Come in Ororo,"Xavier says again."Have a seat, I'll be right with you"He continues. She doesn't. Xavier notices.

"It's alright. You can sit. Sit."He says.

She doesn't. And looks around the room. A cherry desk sits in the middle of the large officer that seems almost superfluous, since there's little to no paperwork. A small table lamp sits to the side with a long brass pull-cord. Four large floors to ceiling book cases on each adorn each wall.

Deep purple curtains drew to one side. A chest set on grand display on a coffee table on far end of the room with dark sofa's opposite them.

Xavier lifts up a coffee pot.He pours some coffee into a single cup.

"Would you like some coffee?"He asked her. Ororo doesn't answer as she finally takes her seat opposite him.

"You know when some asks if you would like some coffee and you don't want any your supposed to say 'No thank you'," He says.

"Would you like some coffee?" He asked again before pressing the white cup to his lips waiting for her answer.

Her lips part, she wasn't going to fall into his trap as she says "No, thank you" with agitation in her voice he noticed.

"Well suit yourself,"Xavier says taking a sip.

"I checked your grades online,” He says."Your falling behind in two classes,"He continued.

"You need those credits for gradation Consular Sherman notified me yesterday She told me you didn't show up for one of them," Xavier says resting his cup over to the side.

Ororo's blue eyes narrowed "So that's why she was down graded to understudy in the Damn Yankees play"she thought to herself.

"I know Fa-Professor,"She Stammers."I've just got a lot of things going on"She continues. "Oh" Xavier looks at her curiously.

"I can explain-"

"My dorm is so noisy I can't do much there Jean's constantly bringing boys back and forward there when I tell her not too" She says.
"I go to the lab to get as much down but I can't stay there long because the Astrophysics class uses it and when I go to the Lounge I end up falling sleep"She continued.

"That's when Pi-"

"You’re seeing him aren't you?"He asked. "Him who?"She says.

"Piotr” Xavier answered. She doesn't response."Ororo “He says again. He sees her agitation again as her arms folded across her chest. Gold earrings dangled against her dusty cheek as she turned her head.

"Ororo, are you seeing Piotr Rasputin?" He asked again in a stern tone. "We were discussing my grades, he has nothing to do with them,” She says.
"I've sat down with Consular Sherman and asked her if you can my advanced genetics lecture to make up those credits you missed."

"Is he causing you to miss your classes?"Xavier asked.
"NO! Piotr is a good man he's focused on his work just much as I'm" Ororo defended him. "But he isn't barely passing two classes" Xavier answered surprised at her tone.

He tries to look into her eyes but Ororo looks away now.
"Then tell me what's going on, do you need to speak with consular Sherman?"He asked.

"Seriously?"She frowned at him."Ororo,"
"NO, I rather not" She said standing up now. "Ororo sit down I'm not done speaking with you"

"Dear,I'm proud of your Performance so far in your classes and the things that you do around campus,I just don't wont this to go waste just because over five credits that can be make up," He explained.

"Take my course"
"But I -"
"You have three weeks Ororo, Take my course"He says.

"Would I be able to get my role back in time for the Show ?"She asked him .

She was headlining the main female character Lola it was her chance to show that she wasn't sweet as a button.

"There's no grantee, but I can see what I can do"He says.
"Thank you"She says with a brittle voice and gets up abruptly.

"Ororo"He says in a concerned voice."I'm fine" She says.
He knows that she isn't.

She gasps with a sob leaving his office. Leaning against the dark wooden door with her eyes closed , She takes deep breath and calms herself.Before looking up at the tall ceiling in defeat. She curses herself as she remembers her parents. They would not like her attitude right now.

She chokes back a sob as she remembers that they were in America enjoying a small picnic in Central Park she was a toddler then and her father snaps a picture of her and her mother, N’dare. They were so happy then, she was too."Your such a good girl,"Her mother praised her. "Camera really loves her"Her father chuckled with a grin.

She'd messed them so much.

Closing her eyes at the memory a tear falls down her cheek as she slides down the door as well.


Chapter End Notes:
In the memory Ororo is 18 months old.
Piotr is a Art history major.



You must login () to review.