‘He’s coming back’

The wind in his hair, even through the closed face helmet reminds him of her.

He is going back….back to Westchester, to the mansion, to the kids….to HER.

One year….its been that long since he came to Xavier’s Place, the school for the gifted. Three months more since he came to her….or did she come to him?

He knows not, he cares not. Whatever.

Because it is HER.

------

Fifteen months and he can still count the time they have had sex….no they have never had sex. They never do. They always make love.

But that’s the thing with her. With her its not about the times….its all about just being with her, near her, seeing her, smelling her. Its just her.

Moreover, they teach and live in a school. That doesn’t help things either…he grins.

----

What is their relation? He doesn’t know, and as far as she knows neither does she.

They are friends….the best.

They share beds….sometimes.

They are exclusive….he can vouch for that.

They are lovers…..he may nod at that, still not ready to give it that name.

They are less than that, that and more….

They are….they are soul-friends, he smiles at the name.

He smiles, because that what she had called them.

She knows his need for independence and he knows her need for a name.

So that’s what they are….they are soul-friends. More than just friends, but not soul mates….not yet. Or are they?

They are....they are soulmates. The realization makes him smile.

He will tell her. Not tonight. But soon.

----

Never was he like this. Never at least in as long as he can remember.

Although there is one thing, a memory or dream he doesn’t know.

A redhead, that’s who she was.

He used to see her in his dreams. She used to come and save him from the nightmares that were….and still are his constant partners. Just as the metal on his bones and on his claws.

She used to come and save him, provide him respite, take all his pain and suffering away.

She still comes, but now she just comes to visit him. Its as if she knows that her care is not needed….she just visits like him as an old and dear friend would.

She knows that she is no longer needed….because….

….because now a goddess has taken him under her care, showering him with her soothing love. Quenching his need and healing soul.

….And tonight, he will be with her again.

-----

He remembers the times when he left, two months ago. A new lead had just come up….a lead to his elusive past.

A past that he has been searching for decades and has just a handful of things to show for.

A past he is getting tired of searching for.

-----

It was never like this either.

His past was the only thing he had, the only thing that mattered to him. The only thing he lived…no existed for.

Not anymore.

Not since the last fifteen months. Not since her.

She made him live. Her first touch breathed life into his living dead soul.

He lives now. With her. Just for her.

-----

He used to be the Wolverine, just the Wolverine. An animal….with Logan as the token human name.

But not anymore.

Now he is Logan. The friend. The teacher. The lover. Her lover.

And tonight…

Tonight, he is going back to her.

-----

Her….his windrider. His Storm. His Ororo.


Note: Used 'Rose' from the Wolverine comics miniseries 'Origin' and the couple of times she has been shown in the other X-Men and Wolverine comics.

Please Review....and the previous chapter too!!





You must login () to review.