37 weeks

"Come on slow poke, yer walkin…waddlin too slow," He said with a smirk and a wink but only got a glare from his wife in return.

"Logan, do not make me strike you with lightning." She warned as she walked after him at a steady pace, her hand on her lower back, hoping to Aleve some pressure there.

"Leave her alone, Logan, she is carrying yo chile, ya think ya'd be more sensitive." Rogue said as she and Bobby breezed by, as they made their way down to the lake where, nearly the entire mansion were gathering for a picnic.

"Aw, she knows I'm jus foolin wit her, and that I love her." Logan said as he stopped, waiting for Ororo to catch up. "Ya do know that right, darlin?" He asked as he grasped her free arm, pulling most of her weight onto himself.

"Yes, I know that `you' love me Logan. However, I do believe that your child hates me. She keeps kicking me." Ororo whined as she poked out her bottom lip in a pout.

"Well, I guess I'd better talk to her then," Logan sighed putting a serious look on his face, as he stopped them and then kneeled down before Ororo, facing her now huge belly. Ororo simply stood giggling and rolling her eyes at her husband, ever since Logan had first felt
their child move he had taken to holding conversations with her. "Hey half pint," Logan spoke directly to Ororo's stomach while getting curious stares from the students that passed by them.

"Having another Father, daughter moment?" Jean asked as she and Scott strolled by.

"Yes," Ororo giggled to her best friend.

"She will definitely be well disciplined once she's born," Jean threw over her shoulder as she and Scott headed further down the path, towards the lake.

"Ok, Half-Pint," Logan spoke sternly as he looked directly at Ororo's middle, his hands firmly gripping either sides of the swell. "Yer momma is in a delicate state right now, and tha last thing she needs is you kickin her, so knock it off." Ororo couldn't help but to love this man squatting before her even more, for his gesture. "Now, I understand that it's gettin a bit tight in there, but it's only gonna get tighter, til you decide yer ready ta come out. It's up ta you really, so, if'n yer tryin ta tell us yer ready ta come, well then were ready fer you, so come on already." Ororo suddenly leaned forward, resting her hands against Logan's shoulders.

"Goddess," She gasped as she looked down at her husband, who in turn, stared back up at her in concern over the death grip she had on his shoulders. "Logan, what did you do?"




"It's ok sweetie, this is normal," Jean reassured as they raced down the corridor towards the med lab, with Ororo curled up on the gurney that Logan and Dr. Henry McCoy hurriedly pushed.

"This is not normal!" Ororo declared in a near scream. "It is ungodly!"

"Ro, darlin don't say that, it's a natural part of childbirth." Logan said as he nervously stroked his wife's dampened hair.

"Oh, how the hell would you know Logan, you have never had a child, and you will never have a child. Oh no you just had a few hours of pleasure, you planted your demon seed, and then I was left to do the
hard paaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Ororo screamed as another contraction hit her hard.

"Ya weren't complainin at tha time," Logan mumbled getting a bit peeved at his wife, but soon regretted it and felt remorse as he looked down into her face, which was wet with her tears and sweat. "I'm sorry Roro," He said as he kissed her forehead.

"No, I am sorry, Logan. I should not blame you I was a willing participate, but it hurts so much." She groaned as another contraction tugged at her womb. "Goddesssssssssssssssssssss!" Ororo screamed at the top of her lungs, lifting a bit off the gurney as they finally reached the lab.

"Ok, lets lift her on to the bed." McCoy instructed and Logan helped, as they lifted Ororo and gently lay her onto the bed, already equipped with stirrups. "Ok, Ororo I need you to lift yours legs and put your feet into the stirrups." Ororo, who now lay curled up on her
side, simply shook her head no.

"Come on Ro, the baby can't come out wit you layin like that." Logan tried coaxing her.

"I do not want it to come out, I have changed my mind. I cannot do this." She said in a moan.

"Yes you can sweetie, all you have to do is push and Nivea will be here in your arms." Jean tried comforting Ororo as she placed a cool wet rag against Ororo's forehead.

"But I do not think that I can, it's…OH GOD!" Her protests ended as a very intense contration hit her. "Get it out, get it out!" Ororo screamed as she now lay on her back, legs wide open.

"I think we are ready." McCoy said as he took his place in between the stirrups and Ororo's open legs. "Now all you have to do is…"




"Push!" Jean commanded from her place at Ororo's side, as she gave Ororo's back support. Logan was on the other side, holding Ororo's hand and whispering encouragement. An hour had already past with Ororo pushing.

"Ahhhhhhgrrrr." Ororo pushed as she leaned forward, pressing her chest to her knees and gritting her teeth. Logan gritted his teeth as well, as Ororo squeezed his hand in a surprisingly strong grip. "Oh Goddess help me," She whined as she lay back against Jean, exhausted.

"I don't think she will be able to do much more, she's too tired." Jean said as McCoy nodded.

"Yes it would seem we are in need of a little help." He said as he pulled out a pair of forceps.

"What tha hell are those, and what are yer gonna do wit'm?" Logan demanded in a threatening tone.

"Do not worry Logan, these are to help pull the baby out as Ororo's pushes."

"Where the hell were those an hour ago?" Ororo inquired nearly out of breath as she readied for another contraction.

"Sorry my friend, they are a last resort." McCoy chuckled as he positioned the forceps around the baby's crowned head. "Ok, on the next contraction push with all of your might and I shall pull."

"It will not hurt the baby?" Ororo asked in concern.

"Not at all." McCoy assured. "Now when you're ready push."




"I cannot believe it,"

"Yeah, me either."

"She's so tiny,"

"An even six pounds."

"I cannot believe this small child caused me such agony." Ororo said as a she stared dumbfounded at the small bundle Logan cautiously cradled in his arms.

"Well darlin I've always told ya, yer a tight ass." Logan said with a smirk causing Ororo to roll her eyes at him. "Well, looks like God finally listened to one of my prayers fer once."

"How so?"

"She looks jus like you darlin."

"Yes but it seems I got my wish as well, she definitely has your hair, and lots of it." She added with a giggle.

"Knock, knock." Ororo and Logan looked to the door to find it nearly overflowing with the students. "We jus wanted ta see the newest member." Rogue said as she warily entered the room.

"Well, come see. All of you come in." Ororo welcomed as Logan simply grumbled and cradled his daughter closer to him.

"Just don't touch her, or breathe around her." He warned again gaining an eye roll from Ororo.

"Logan, do not be silly." She said but he didn't budge. "Well at least hold her up so they can get a better look." This he obliged to and he slowly held the baby up so everyone could see her face. "Everyone, meet Nivea Munroe~Howlett."

"Howlett?" Rogue repeated as she threw a questioning look to Logan.

"Don't ask." Logan warned.

"Well she's beautiful,"

"Thank you Rogue." Ororo said beaming with pride.

"Now you can leave." Logan said harshly.

"Logan, do not be so rude."

"Its tha doctor's order. Hank said you and half pint here need ta rest."

"Alright, ya heard tha man everyone out, let miss Munroe, oh ah mean Mrs. Howlett get some rest," Rogue corrected giggling as did Ororo at the look Logan was giving the girl. All the students filed out of the room after congratulating the new parents. Before she walked out Rogue turned back to the couple. "Ya think I could baby sit her sometime?"

"I do not see why…"

"No." Logan said cutting off Ororo's affirmation.




Two months old:

"It can't be natural, some thing's wrong wit her. We should take her down ta Hank and let him run some tests. Cause damn it Ro that aint natural."

Ororo simply sat in the middle of their bed, with her legs crossed, busy in her task while listening to her husband's rants.

"Maybe its cause we're mutants." Logan added.

"Yes," Ororo finally spoke. "Or maybe it was the peaches she eat for lunch." She said with a smile as she held out the soiled diaper to Logan, who stared at it in disgust, but took it and placed it in the diaper disposal canister. "It seems they did not agree with her, did it my love?" Ororo cooed to her cherub like baby she now held up in the air.

"Well was the food spoiled or something, cause God she smells rotten." Logan continued looking concerned.

"Whereas yours smell like roses?" Ororo asked getting defensive, she didn't care for anyone cracking on her child, not even said child's father.

"Hell Ro, I'ma grown man, who eats solid foods, and where tha hell was she keeping all that anyways?" He asked invoking a hardy giggle from Ororo as she shook her head.

"Here, take her. I have a class in ten minutes. Do you think you can handle her for an hour?" Ororo asked as she handed the baby to her father, who smiled dotingly down at her.

"Yeah me and half pint will be just fine."

"Good," Ororo said before leaning in and kissing her husband's lips and then her daughter's forehead. "Be a good girl for daddy my angel." She then left the room, heading downstairs to her waiting class.

"So whatcha wanna do while momma's out?" Logan asked holding Nivea up to eye level. "Hey is that a smile?" Logan asked due to the expression the child had on her face. "Is that a smile?" He repeated
with a goofy, proud smile on his face, which quickly turned to a look of horror as familiar fumes filled his nose. "Aw, shit!"





You must login () to review.