Chapter 30

The Pursuit of Weapon X, pt 1

* * * *

Now Logan swallowed hard, his heart pounded behind his rib cage and fear rose up inside him. Victor stepped closer to him but kept a safe distance. "The Weapon Plus Program was... is... a United States super soldier program. It was originally created in the 1940’s with the sole purpose of creating super soldiers and assassins; not only to be employed in conventional warfare, but also to be employed for the extermination of mutants. Weapon X was the first installation of the Weapons Plus Program to victimize mutants. Weapon X -- you are the first successfully created assassin of mutant kind... and you still have no idea just how dangerous you are to your own people."

Logan remained silent as he looked up at the feral towering over him. Victor simply fell silent and kept his eyes glued to Wolverine's. The two men - once friends, now mortal enemies - simply looked at each other as the information given, and the information taken, was slowly absorbed by everyone in the room.

"We need to go," Victor told him quietly."Now."

Logan lowered his gaze. Unfocused he stared at the Persian rug under their feet then he raised his eyes to Charles who was looking back at him with his own serious concern darkening his blue eyes.

"I'm not goin' anywhere with you, Sabretooth," Logan said, shaking his head.

"You have to, Logan," Victor insisted. "Your beast is precisely what I'm talking about. That part of you that you've hated your whole life? They put it there."

"No. It's a part of me that I was born with," Logan admitted though reluctantly.

"Yeah, maybe part of it is... like me. We're ferals. Of course there's a predatory part to our mutations... but that's the part they focused on. That's the part of our psyches that they hurt. That's the part that they wanted to split off from the rest of our psyche and make it its own entity. They turned his predation instincts into a raging, angry beast... the very beast that terrifies you."

Logan's eyes shot to Victor's but before he could rebuke that statement Creed continued.

"They fed our beasts with the "Red Fire"," Victor told him and Logan furrowed his brow even more. "Does that sound familiar to you?"

"No," Logan growled.

"Red Fire was the code name for all the energy, all the anger and hatred and rage that we stored away inside ourselves during the inflicted trauma. All that hatred and fear accumulated over the years, with each assault, with each experiment, with each torture..."

Victor paused, watching Logan closely.

"You took that Red Fire energy above and beyond anything they had hoped for. Your animal, the animal they created inside you had turned that energy into a berserker rage that makes the Wolverine's beast and unstoppable and explosive weapon. They want that weapon!"

"I -- I don't remember any of this," Logan said to no one in particular.

"No, of course you don't," Creed acknowledged. "Not only did they create amnesiac barriers with their mind-wipes and brainwashing, but the creation of each of those alternate identities also created their own amnesiac barrier, and each barrier totally separates each of these experiences from our conscious recall," Victor explained to Charles and those gathered in the library.

"This would explain the reasons behind Logan's, as well as your own, fluctuating moods and behaviors," Charles ascertained aloud.

"Yes," Creed confirmed. "Once it was proven that the Program could create dissociated identities in their sleeper agents and assassins anytime they pleased, well, from that point on it became standard operating procedure. Dissociation had become a way of life for us in order to cope with the severe trauma from the experiments and the prolonged abuse. We had no control over it, Logan... none. It was simply our mind's way of allowing each of us to stay sane... when everything around us was totally insane and out of control."

Charles and Logan looked to one another as each of them recalled that moment in their past when Wolverine had ordered Xavier to open his memories and Charles had refused, using the reasoning that Logan's mind had indeed blocked out the events in order to keep him sane. The two men stared at each other somberly when Victor's voice pulled them back to the present.

"The project engineers deprived us of normal human relationships during the years they kept us captive. They used physical isolation and sensory deprivation to heighten our sensitivity to human contact. The longer we were kept from normal society and normal relationships the more like them we became... even though we fought them, each in our own ways. It was systematic to the point that our own experiences caused us to withdraw from the normal world which had become alien and threatening to us.

"We were outside of normal experiences and memories and it became a vicious circle... those who caused us the pain were also the only ones who could bring us comfort, even pleasure and euphoria. So we would unconsciously continue to seek out only the company of those we knew and not those who could help us to see that what we'd become wasn't normal. Whenever we tried to live in the normal world, with normal society, we would only be reminded over and over again just how abnormal we were and that would trigger anger and rage and then rampaging emotions..."

"I get it," Logan interjected to stop his words. He'd heard enough. He'd heard more than enough.

* * * * * * * * *

"The inconsistency that the subject eventually exhibits, because of this duality of defense, between the beliefs he holds - or between his actions and his beliefs - produces a cacophony of internal arguments within his own psyche.

"The subject is eventually seen as a walking contradiction of feelings, thoughts, actions and beliefs and he will eventually construct an alternative world that only he sees or believes exists. A world detached from our reality because he is detached from what we know to be reality. The subject will also often suffer from depersonalization and de-realization along with hallucinations, delusions, and psychotic episodes."

"He becomes totally dehumanized," Roger concluded, his eyes like daggers, pinning Maier.

"He becomes a being that exists in an altered state of consciousness, he regresses to a primitive state, he becomes... an animal," Maier confirmed with a nod.

"My God…." Lindsay muttered breathlessly and Maier gave a genuine smile.

"Not quite," The Professor replied with a small smile. "Well... not quite yet anyway."

* * * * * *

After more discussion within the privacy of the containment trailer, the convoy eventually resumed its travels toward Xavier's Institute for Higher Learning and Dr. Maier and his newly formed scientific medical team had returned to the comfortable surroundings of the double wide recreation vehicle. Wraith had seen to it that the mess of splattered brain matter was cleaned up before the team's return, leaving behind a rather potent but inoffensive cleanser odor lingering in the enclosed area. Even with the large windows opened it would take a day or two for the upholsteries to be aired out in order to dissipate the chemical vapor.

Dr. Lindsay sat in a swivel chair toward the back of the vehicle looking out the rear window with a thousand yard stare. His eyes followed the passing of obvious landmarks or large rocks as they passed by, although the drifting of his gaze wasn't a conscious movement but more hypnotic, as his thoughts were far away, in another place he'd never been. A tap on his shoulder brought Roger's attention around and he looked up at the man standing beside him. Dr. Maier looked down at him and offered him a genuine smile.

"I know that all of the information we've fed you today is enough to choke a horse," the sadistic scientist offered as he laid his hand upon Lindsay's shoulder. "I apologize for dumping so much information on you all at once. I know it must feel completely overwhelming and --"

"It's fine," Lindsay cut him off curtly and turned his eyes back to the view outside the rear window. He didn't realize the significance of the action as he watched the road disappear behind them. Roger Lindsay was having a hard time accepting what the future held for him and his colleagues so he unconsciously positioned himself to stare longingly for the past.

Dr. Maier spun the chair at his three o’clock position until it was facing Lindsay and then sat down in it. The sunlight gleaned off something in the professor's hand that nearly blinded Roger who squinted against the reflected light and scowled at the senior team member.

Maier sat looking at him with an open, bright expression as he brandished a rather important looking metal file folder. The hinges and combination lock on the unusual folder also caught his eye and piqued his interest, especially with the fading red stamp on the lid that read Top Secret-Eyes Only. Maier watched Lindsay closely and then slowly dialed up the combination on the small wheels that held the documents inside secure.

Roger watched the other man's actions, unsure if he ever wanted to see what that brief held and knowing, if he did allow himself to set eyes on the contents, his life would be forever changed.

But he owed it to these poor bastards, the victims of these sadistic treatments committed against them, against their will or knowledge, by their own government. That part of this entire scenario still made his mind reel and he watched as his own hands slowly reached out to take the now open metal file case and, as he set it upon his lap, Roger also noted how thick the files were inside it.

Dr. Maier simply smiled at him with an almost empathetic grin and stood up to leave him to his reading. As he stepped past Lindsay, the professor laid his hand on Roger's shoulder and the touch made his stomach turn over. Lindsay willed himself not to pull away from the hand and risk offending the sadistic scientist. Roger understood that if he was going to be any help at all to these test subjects, to these victims... to the man they were on their way to capture, he had to know what he was dealing with and so he opened the first folder and began to read the redacted documents inside.


* * * * * *

DRAFT - [deleted] 11 July 1963

MEMORANDUM FOR THE RECORD

SUBJECT: Project MKULTRA, Subproject 8 - Weapons PLUS Program

1. Subproject 8 is being set up as a means to continue the present work in the general field of L.S.D. utilization at [deleted] until 11 September 1964.

2. This project will include continued study of the biochemical, neuro-physiological, sociological, and clinical psychiatric aspects of L.S.D. A detailed proposal is attached. The principle investigators will continue to be Professor Thorton and Dr. Cornelius, as well as, [deleted] all or [deleted].

3. Professor D.G. Thorton, Dr. H. Cornelius and Dr. Brian Xavier are cleared through TOP SECRET and are aware of the true purpose of the project.

[deleted]
Chemical Division/BGG

APPROVED:

[signature]
Chief, Chemical Division/BGG

[document ends]

* * * *

Roger turned the next page not realizing that he was holding his breath as he perused the documents that had eluded destruction as ordered by the government agencies involved.

The next was a 1965 CIA document reviewing the Agency's research and development of a shocking list of mind-altering substances and methods. Included in the list were as stated by Professor Thorton, "materials which will render the uses of hypnosis easier or otherwise enhance its usefulness," and "physical methods of producing shock and confusion over extended periods of time and capable of secret and surreptitious use."

Dr. Lindsay read every word with focused attention, from the list's number one item to the end, which began:



5 May 1965

A portion of the Research and Development Program of BGG/Chemical Division is devoted to the discovery of the following materials and methods:

1. Substances which will promote illogical thinking and impulsiveness to the point where the that the subject would be discredited in public.

* * * * *

He read all the way down to the last, including the items in between which turned his stomach into knots.

* * * * *

7. Substances which will enhance the ability of individuals to withstand privation, torture and coercion during interrogation and so-called "brainwashing".

8. Materials and physical methods which will produce amnesia for events preceding and during their use.

9. Physical methods of producing shock and confusion over extended periods of time and capable of surreptitious use.

* * * * *

....and they continued to describe more and more heinous acts against their test subjects, such as declared on the next page;

* * * * *

11. Substances which will produce "pure" euphoria with no subsequent let-down.

12. Substances which alter personality structure in such a way that the tendency of the recipient to become dependent upon another person is enhanced.

13. A material which will cause mental confusion of such a type that the individual under its influence will find it difficult to maintain a fabrication under questioning, in short; a truth serum.

The development of materials of this type follows the standard practice of such ethical drug houses as PhisoMorph. It is a relatively routine procedure to develop a drug to the point of human testing. Ordinarily, these drug houses would depend upon the services of private physicians for the final clinical testing on actual patients without their informed knowledge.

The physicians are willing to assume the responsibility of such tests in order to advance the science of medicine. In practice, it has been possible to use the outside cleared contractors for the preliminary phases of this work. However, that part which involves human testing at effective dose levels presents security problems which cannot be handled by the ordinary contractor.

Therefore, the proposed facility known as Bluebird Hotel at [deleted] offers a unique opportunity for the secure handling of such clinical testing in addition to the many advantages outlined in the project proposal.

The security problems mentioned above are eliminated by the fact that the responsibility for the testing will rest completely with the appointed government physicians and the hospital at the site known as The Spa. The Spa at the Weapon X Facility Compound will allow BGG/CD personnel to supervise the work very closely to make sure that all tests are conducted according to the recognized practices and embody adequate and Top Secret safeguards.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Many hours later, after having gone through dozens upon dozens, if not hundreds of pages of information, Roger got up to stretch his legs and back. He left the docket on the glass table in front of his chair and walked to the back of the trailer to gaze out the large windows. He lowered himself to the couch that shaped itself to the curve of the unit.

As he stared beyond his own reflection in the window, trying to gaze past the darkness outside his gaze was drawn to the reflection of the man now entering the area. It was Dr. Godin, whom he’d met in the trailer dubbed The Suite earlier in the evening. Roger turned to regard the man as he got himself a drink at the bar, casting glances in his direction. Once he’d gotten his chosen drink, he moved from behind the bar and made his way toward the papers now lying unattended in the small seating area.

Taking a seat at the small glass table, with the papers to his left and Roger to his right, Godin simply looked at the documents for a moment then sipped his drink. Lindsay watched him silently until the other man took a long deep breath and let it out. Roger shifted around to look at Godin squarely and waited for him to look up. When he did, Godin met his gaze evenly and a moment later he lifted both eyebrows as if to inquire if there was something on his mind. Roger took the cue.

“How much of what’s documented there do you actually have knowledge of?” he asked the other straight out.

“All of it,” Godin confessed without emotion.

“Can I ask you…?” Roger began then paused. What was it he wanted to ask? Was it something specific or was it all in general? Where to start? He had no clue.

“You can ask me… everything,” Godin told him, ending his quandary.

And hours went by as Lindsay asked his questions until Godin took over, revealing all he knew as time allowed. The first questions Roger had were about the man known as The Professor in the earliest of the documents; Professor Thornton, who appeared to be the one to have conceived these evil practices.


~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"The agent, codenamed Weapon X, was a favorite test subject of Professor Thorton's destructive mind control experiments in 1963," Godin recounted. "Professor Thorton used a “treatment” which involved intensive application of three brainwashing techniques; consisting of drug disinhibition, prolonged sleep, and prolonged psychological isolation. These were combined with Electro Convulsive Therapy treatments.

"The amount of electricity that he introduced into the subject's brain exceeded the maximum amount recommended in the ECT Guidelines by nearly 80 times," Godin explained to Lindsay.

"My god," Roger whispered staring at the documents in his hands.

"Professor Thorton's technique resulted in permanent and complete amnesia and proved that doctors who are skilled in the right procedures can quite effectively erase a subject’s memory."

"…even one with a healing factor?" Lindsay pointed out, unable to believe the implications.

"Yes. To this day, Logan is unable to remember anything from his birth to 1963. As it was recorded in his chart by his attendants, Logan X was completely disoriented by the conditioning. He didn’t know his name, his age or where he was. He didn’t recognize his own reflection in a mirror or where he lived. He could barely move or feed himself. He couldn’t read or write or drive or even use a toilet by himself. Not only did he not know his own wife when shown a photo of her, but he didn’t even know what a wife was or even that he was in fact married."

"This man was married?" Roger asked, his mind reeling with all the information he was hearing and seeing in print before him.

"Yes, he was," Godin confirmed. "Over the next twelve years he was tested, trained, mind-wiped and re-trained and used in a variety of ways. All the programming that was done to him by the CIA through Professor Thorton's experiments was directly focused on splitting his personality in order to make a compliant slave. It was all trauma-based programming in that they used electroshock, sensory deprivation and other painful stimuli in conjunction with the administration of drugs. Once the dissociation of the personality was achieved and each of the subject's personalities began their own individual training and re-training continuing with the trauma wasn't necessary. From that point, only hypnosis was needed to accomplish the same goal by using implanted triggers and occasional tune-ups which took place at various, properly equipped Air Force Bases around the country.

"Unfortunately, though, although the amnesia appears to remain permanently in place, we have had more difficulty in keeping the subject under hypnotic control. He seems to recover from the repeated mind-wipes and mind-controlling efforts too quickly due to his healing factor, resulting in our inability to maintain control and ending up too often with a rogue sleeper agent on our hands or running unchecked in public."

"This is why we're on our way to retrieve him?" Lindsay asked.

"Yes. He is not only an ongoing experiment but he is, in fact, dangerous," Godin admitted solemnly. "Even he has no idea just how dangerous he can become at any time."

"This really is Manchurian Candidate type of stuff....." Roger surmised quietly.

"Oh yes, it is. We were, during that same time, given our lead when the CIA proposed a five year research project outside the normal curriculum in order to search for exceptionally gifted individuals for various testing in the field of ESP. We found a dozen or so who displayed psychic abilities and our mongrel was one of them to our pleasant surprise. Another very gifted telepath was the son of one of our top researchers in radiological based human experiments. His name was Dr. Brian Xavier."

"Xavier?" Roger echoed his voice pitched in surprise. "… as in the Xavier Institute?"

"Yes," Maier answered as he entered the sitting area. He smiled evilly at Lindsay as the man tried to comprehend just how far reaching this entire project had spanned.

"I thought Brian Xavier was a reknown nuclear physicist ---" Roger's words trailed off as he realized the connection in Xavier's field of expertise and the task set for him within the Weapons Plus Program. "My god… he allowed you to use his own son?"

"Allow?" Maier grinned and then nodded thoughtfully, "Reluctantly, let's say."

"We were able to create alternate personalities in both Thorton's mongrel and in the Xavier boy," Godin stated, "... and trained those alternate personalities to use these psychic abilities in ways we hoped would benefit the agencies... and the CIA made sure that these projects would never be made known to the public. And they wouldn't have ever been made known to the public, or the media, if it hadn't been for a few rogue agents who we'd lost control of due to their mutations."

"So Xavier... the boy... who now runs the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning... Professor Charles Xavier... was a test subject for the Weapons Plus Program? And he opened this school, which is quite well-known as a sanctuary for mutants... as a response to what you did to him and this mongrel... Logan?" Roger asked.

"Well, we are certain that he has indeed become an advocate for the rights of mutants and a sort of savior for them... yes, probably due to some sub-conscious awareness of what had been done to him, and to others, in our care,” Maier told him. “But Charles Xavier has no idea of the true nature of his own history, nor does he have any conscious knowledge that the man in his home, the man known as Wolverine... the deadly assassin known as Weapon X, is the bi-product of his own father's torturous experiments."

“What, specifically, did Xavier’s father do to this man… to Wolverine?” Roger asked, unsure he really cared to know the details.

“You sure you want to know?” Maier asked him pointedly. “I’ll show you the exact details… if you are certain you are ready to be informed. Once you see these files there is no going back.”

Roger considered that statement and then thought of his friend Carlton. He clenched his teeth together to steel his anger and then said as evenly as he could muster, “I thought we were already beyond the point of no return.”

Maier regarded him for a moment and then gave the young doctor a smile, one that failed to reach his eyes. “So we are,” he agreed. Rising from the chair he walked to a safe and opened it. Returning with another case he set it down atop the strewn papers on the table. He looked at Lindsay and suggested, “You may want to make yourself a drink before settling in with these. You look a bit shaken up already… and these will do little to help you sleep tonight.”

“I doubt I’ll be getting much in the way of sleep on any night from this day forward,” Roger told him honestly. As Dr. Maier opened the case and removed the two folders inside, Roger did precisely as the man suggested and went to the bar to mix himself a tall drink.

When he returned, he took a long pull from the tall glass and then set it down before picking up the first of the two folders. It was three inches thick and jam packed with papers, documents, and photos all focused on one subject. The test subject portrayed in the stills; which were shocking and terrifying in one set, in the next showed a man who was at first a husband, a friend, a soldier, a prisoner, a victim, then a samurai and again a prisoner, an animal and an X-Man. A man of many faces and many lifetimes who knew nothing of himself or his long life… and Roger Lindsay knew why. He set the photos aside and focused his eyes on the documents within detailing the experimentation performed on the man known as Logan.


< Page 1>


TOP SECRET “ NO EYES!!!

Logan Files “ Subject: Logan X (NFI) No Further Information

Project: Weapon X

Series: 1960 “ Mind-control Research

*

Experimentation - Subject #10- 1960 series - The Logan Files

Mission: To investigate whether, and how, it is or could be possible to modify and control an individual subject's behavior by covert means for top secret and highly sensitive covert missions.

*
Experiment # 1

Notes: Subject is kept unconscious in induced comatose state for weeks at a time. The use of projection helmet and visor to introduce visual and auditory images to imprint memory function is implemented. Combined electro-shock, electro-convulsive therapy with continual doses of LSD is also introduced.

Result - Upon awakening, subject shows child-like behavior and retarded motor functions. Memory loss is extensive but not complete. Subject’s behavior and mental state is low-key, passive, almost timid, unsure and fearful.

Experiment Outcome - Failure

Comments - unsatisfactory results for possible utilization in future modification therapy, subject eventually recovered from debilitating effects of de-patterning experiment, it is concluded that subject achieved full recovery only because of his mutant healing factor - method not recommended for WX Training Program

*
Experiment #27

Notes: Subject is naked, strapped down onto a board with wrists and ankles cuffed to the board. Head is rigidly held in place by strap around neck; power suppression collar attached above the strap. Helmet placed on subject's head. Visual and audible imagery projected into subject's mind as physical experiments begin.

Procedure: Cell is dark and cold, ice cold air is blasted into the cell; temperatures drop to freezing. Subject is draped with a sheet and ice water is poured over the subject and left there as the room temp drops to 20 degrees.

Result - Subject cries out in pain, over an apparently agonizing 4 hours, as he slowly freezes to death. Death occurs, collar is removed; studies of regenerative capabilities are conducted, results recorded - subject survives.

*
Experiment #33

Notes: High-potency muscle relaxant administered.

Result - Within 30-40 seconds paralysis begins to invade the small muscles of fingers, toes and eyes. Within one minute extremities stiffen, signaling full musculo-skeletal paralysis. Paralysis of inter-costal muscles (ribcage) and the diaphragm follows immediately, respirations diminish to 3 shallow breaths per minute, heart rate slows to 50 beats per minute; combined condition (cardiac distress and respiratory arrest) sets in for 2--5 mins, drug begins to wear off.

Observations - Subject remains fully conscious and aware throughout experiment, trying to gasp for breath. With respiratory system paralyzed - a simulated slow death, "much like drowning" occurs - subject fought unsuccessfully to move and to breathe, the fight or flight responses kicking in instinctively, range of movement nullified by paralysis. Subject is helpless in paralyzed state, resulting in an emotional and psychological terror.

Experiment Outcome - Successful.

*
Experiment # 46

Aversion Therapy - unpleasant reinforcement to a response that is undesirable

Techniques Used; electro-shock, repeated pain infliction, starvation, use of terror drugs, exposure to fear producing situations, exposure to repeated terror-inducing events, exposure to extreme temperatures and environmental conditions for prolonged periods, exposure to loud noises and other stimuli to produce a startle response

Outcome - Successful, recommended for future utilization

*
Experiment #54

Notes: Serum FV-332

Observation - Drug administered to subject at 0430 hrs. Uncontrolled vomiting occurs at 0433 hrs. Subject experienced convulsive seizures with uncontrollable vomiting until 0520hrs - elapsed time 47 mins.

Additional effects- cardio vascular upsets, extreme change in blood pressure, oxygen deprivation, profuse salivating, diaphoretic, muscle tremors, etc.

Results - *See notes in File SFV332-54 (Serum FV-332) Top Secret - For Eyes Only

*
Experiment # 72

Sleep deprivation

Notes: alternating Drug Admin.

Procedure - Forced sleep deprivation and isolation, combined with administration of paralyzing muscle relaxant and alternate FV-332 induction.

Effects - Body rigidness, severe muscular pain, uncontrolled trembling, fogged cognition and confusion, aching restlessness, blurred vision, auditory and visual hallucinations

Observations - Heightened anxiety resulting in sedation of subject at times. Subject vacillates between total psychological collapse due to traumatizing events, and outwardly affective bursts of berserker type rages.

Outcome - Subject removed from test lab and sedated for 2 weeks in unconscious (coma induced) state

Result - Subject recovers physically from effects, appears totally amnesiac of the events, sleep disturbances are recorded by staff coupled with violent bursts of anger occurring during normal daily activities

*
Experiment # 88

Desensitization - Audio and Visual

Techniques - use of projection equipment, including helmet and visor to project images and sounds into subject's memory until the terrifying and disquieting effects to the psyche no longer exist

Notes - restraints were needed to force subject to view visual images and listen unimpeded to audio loops - devices used on subject's eyelids to prevent blinking

Results “ subject is able to kill, or view a kill, without regret or remorse. Subject shows no hesitation and no mercy - Excellent results

*
Experiment # 91

Psycho-surgery

Notes: ** Irreversible brain damage has been noted to occur in 98% of test subjects.
Notation ** Weapons Subject #10 slated for theatre at 1400hrs on 2/7/62.

Administered - Apparent irreversible brain surgery conducted on normal brain tissue for the intended purpose of changing and/or controlling the subject's behavior, emotions, and all higher brain functions.

Immediate Effects on Subject - WS #10 :

Eyes open at 1734hrs on 2/10/62

Swallow reflex non-existent

Gag reflex non-existent

Higher brain function non-existent

Observations - Subject stares blindly, unblinking, unmoving; muscles limp and void of energy or control; pain response non-existent. Glascow Coma Scale score - 2. Severe brain damage appears complete and irreparable.

Amended notation - Subject Weapon X was seen to move his fingers on 2/14/62 at 0241hrs.

* Note: 2/14/62, at 0416 hrs, subject showed throat muscle movement

* Note: 2/14/62, at 0432 hrs, subject swallowed reflexively. Suction removed from oral cavity interior, airway adjunct remains in place.

* Note: 2/14/62, at 0545 hrs, subject gagged on adjunct, removed immediately, subject breathing unimpeded.

* Note: 2/14/62, at 1312 hrs, subject showed positive motor functioning in extremities

* Note: 2/14/62, at 2307 hrs, subject attempted verbal communication, ineffectual

* Note: 2/15/62, at 0257 hrs, subject repositioned himself, from supine position to sitting position and successfully communicated to attending staff using verbal and cognitive speech

Outcome: 2/15/62 0637hrs Full Motor Testing; excellent - Full Cognitive Testing; excellent - Full Balance and Motor Function; excellent - Intelligence Quotient Score; 154 - Sensory and Tactile Function Testing; superior

Final results on Subject- Weapon X (10) - Full and complete recovery of traumatic and irreversible brain/psycho-surgery. Mutant Cellular Regeneration - Superior

** Elapsed time between proposed irreversible brain trauma and the resulting, and unprecedented, full recovery of subject - 7 days, 16 hrs, 37 mins

*
Experiments #131 - #157

Drug Experimentation and Therapy

Drugs Administered in this time frame

* Barbituates

* Benzedrine

* Cannabis Indica

* Scopolamine

* Morphine

* Mescaline (quasi-synthetic extract of peyote cactus, aka truth serum-hallucinogen)

* Tetrahydrocannibabinol Acetate - (marijuana extract used to lace food)

Uses - to relax prisoners/subjects for interrogation

Results - Under influence of TA subjects reveal volumes of top secret information, including names of high ranking officials and effectually expose the identity of fellow covert operatives.

* BZ (quinuclidinyl benzilate) - long lasting drug

Uses - subject experiences a litany of psychotic episodes of varying degrees and experiences, completely isolates the subject from his environment

Results - effects last up to 80 hours (vs. LSD which lasts 8 hours)

Negative effects of BZ last up to 6 weeks

* Anectine (terror drug)

Uses - small doses acts as muscle relaxant

- larger doses produce prolonged seizure of respiratory system

Results - a sensation "worse than dying"

* Thorazine - causes drowsiness, disorientation, shakiness, dry mouth, blurred vision, inability to concentrate, zombie-like behavior

*
Experiment # 165 - #198

Memory Erasure and Control

Notes and Observations - The brain is transmitter/receiver, overloading of information results in brain ceasing to process and transmit. Excessive Acetyl Choline in the brain can interfere with memory processing and control - to this extent, excessive AC can be artificially produced through the administration of drug therapy or through the use of radio waves, known as EDOM or Electronic Dissolution of Memory

Notes - Memory transmission can be halted for the duration the radio signal continues. Memory is distorted and orientation with time passage is destroyed. Awareness skips over those minutes during which he is subjected to the signal

Results - Successfully demonstrates that microwaves can be used to directly bring about changes in the electrical patterns of different parts of the brain.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

His mind reeled with the truth of the situation he found himself in and Dr. Roger Lindsay slowly closed the folder on his lap. He reached for the drink he’d long forgotten on the table, now warm. Clutching the glass with a shaky hand he downed the harsh liquid with gulping sobs. Forcing the last swallow down his throat, he pressed the back of his hand to his mouth to silent the cry that came up from his soul in anguish. He wiped his sleeve across his face, erasing the tears of remorse he needed to keep hidden as he swept the sweat from his face. He wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol he’d just consumed or his racing adrenaline that had raised the temperature in the mobile unit. As he leaned forward to put the glass down, it slipped from his hand and hit the carpet with a heavy thud.

It remained there untouched as he surrendered to the moment. He was exhausted mentally and he knew that in his own way he was experiencing his own sense of shock and terror. He simply sat quietly now staring at the darkness that raced past and with every mile covered Roger realized he was leaving behind a life he too could never go back to.



TBC'd in Ch. 31 - The Pursuit of Weapon X, pt 2





You must login () to review.