She bounced into the kitchen holding up the small chalk board Logan had brought her, figuring it was an easier way to communicate other than their usual guessing game. She walked up to Logan who was busy at the stove, preparing them breakfast, and tapped him on the back. He turned with a smile, as he saw the bright smile that lit her face, he then looked down and read the board.

“Ya wanna go shopping? Ya don’t have ta go out darlin,” Logan said knowing that she now had a phobia about being out around any one other than him. “Just tell me what ya need and I’ll go out and get it.” Ororo rolled her eyes at him slightly, and went about writing something else down. Logan read it and a frown crossed his face. “Wings…they have wings?” Ororo giggled. “Ok, maybe you should come.” He said as he pulled the pan from the burner and turned it off.




He fidgeting as he waited by the cart as Ororo took her time strolling the isle of infinite sanitary napkins and feminine products.

“Hey Ro, I’ma go get some beer alright I’ll meet you at the register.” Logan spoke out to Ororo who stood at the far end of the isle, he didn’t await her reply but hurried off, wanting to get as far away from that isle as possible.

Ororo had spent a few moments searching through the many selections before picking out what she wanted, and then with a smile she turned to where she had left Logan and her smile instantly faded as she stared at an empty spot. Her heart began to pound as a panic gripped at her, she turned around hoping she had been mistaken in where she had left him, and still found emptiness. A sorrowful moan escaped her lips as she moved from the isle to the next in search of Logan, and then the next still unable to find him. After a few moments of searching her fear over came her and she crumbled to the floor, her tears falling freely from her eyes, and a certain urge overwhelmed her and she opened her mouth.
“LOGAN!” Her scream resounded throughout the entire store, starling everyone including the man whose name was being called, who stood at the register, he paused a moment not sure he had heard right, and then the scream came again and he took off running. Instantly he picked up her scent and headed directly to the isle where he found Ororo curled up crying his name over and over again as several customers had gathered around her.

“Back off!” He barked as he pushed through and leaned down and scooped Ororo up into his arm, holding her close in a protective manner as he glared at the crowd, which parted to his glare and snarls, and Logan walked out carrying Ororo with him, with a teenaged boy hurrying behind them with their cart of food, which Logan had already paid for, as he placed Ororo in the car the boy loaded their groceries.




“I’m so sorry darlin, I didn’t leave ya I just went fer some beer, I told ya, thought ya heard me.” He spoke to her as he crouched in front of her holding her hand, as she sat at the foot of her bed. She sat in her bathrobe with wet hair having just gotten out of a hot bath Logan had drawn for her when they arrived home, hoping it would calm her nerves. “Please forgive me.”

“You are forgiven Logan,” She spoke softly as he looked up at her. A smile slowly crept across her face as she looked at the goofy smile he had on his face.

“Welcome back darlin, it’s good ta hear ya talking.”




“Ro did ya hear me, I asked ya did ya want take out ta night, some Chinese.” He called out from her doorway to the bathroom door, which was closed.

“One moment Logan,” She called out and he couldn’t help but to smile, happy to hear her voice. After a few seconds she stepped from the bathroom, walking towards him and then stopping in front of him, and then stood waiting for him to say something.

“Ro,” Was all he could muster as she stood staring his awe and anguish at the beautiful Nubian woman before him. “What did ya do?”

“What?” she spoke softly as she reached up and stroked her mass of black hair. “You do not like it, does it make me look odd?”

“Naw it aint that, yer still beautiful…it’s just…well it aint you.”

“You said that we should try to blend in, not stand out so, so I figured I would dye my hair and maybe get some contacts.”

“When I said that I meant not using our powers darlin not changing who we are.”

“A mutant is what I am, Logan and what you are. I just thought it would look nice,” She said coyly as she ducked her head and again stroke at her tresses.

"Ya do, ya always do and if it makes ya feel better, safer ta look that way then ya do it, ok?”

“Ok,” She replied smiling slightly as she continued messing with her hair. “Mexican.” She said as he arched a curious brow at her. “Take out, I would love some Mexican food.”





You must login () to review.