“I think we should probably head west, get lost in some big city like Los Angeles or better yet San Francisco.” He mumbled as he munched on eggs and bacon. His companion simply stared down at her full plate, not eating. “Come on Ro, eat something, please.” After a second she slowly lifted her fork and picked up some eggs and then placed it in her mouth. This made Logan smile and gave him hope that she was coming around. “We’re gonna be ok, between yer bank account and what I have we could probably buy a nice house and get all domesticated.” At that moment the chubby waitress walked over to them with a pot of coffee.

“Want some more?” She asked tilting the pot to Logan’s cup, not waiting for an answer. She then turned to Ororo. “How bout you honey?” She asked and Ororo simply turned her head and stared out the window, as she chewed on some bacon.

“She don’t want anymore.” Logan answered.

“What’s wrong with her, she don’t talk”

“Yeah she talks,” Logan, said growing irritated with the nosy woman. “She jus don’t wanna talk ta you.” The woman rolled her eyes and stalked back to the counter. “Ro,” He spoke trying to will her to look at him, and when she didn't he reached out and slowly turned her gaze to his. “We’re gonna be ok, you’re gonna be ok cause I’m gonna take care of ya, I promised remember?”




“It has all the specifications you requested, no nosy neighbors, spacious, and a large backyard for a garden.”

“It’ll do, what do ya think darlin?” Logan asked the tall Nubian woman who stood staring out at the vast backyard. She didn’t reply and Logan hadn’t expected her to. It had been three months since the world, as they knew it ended, and Ororo hadn’t spoken since then. “She loves it, we’ll take it.” Logan said to the realtor who stared at Ororo curiously and then to Logan, flashing him a huge smile.

“Very good sir, I have the paperwork out in my car, all you have to do is sign and the house is all yours.” Logan nodded as the woman raced off out to her car. Logan turned his attention back to Ororo, he let out a heavy sigh before walking over to where she stood. She turned to greet him with a small smile. Over the few month he had seen her open up just a bit, acknowledging his presences, letting him know her likes and dislike, especially on his thoughts about moving west, which lead them to getting a house in Connecticut. Logan was delighted to see her getting better, but still longed to hear her speak, to actually have a conversation, he missed their talks.

“So, do you like it? I wanted a huge backyard cause I know you like gardens, so now you can have a big one, I aint got no green thumb, but I’ll help ya if ya want. I think we’ll be ok here.” He said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.




“Finally got a job today, not that I need one, we’ve got enough money ta retire on. But ya know going wit that whole fittin in and bein normal, I figured I’d do tha 9 ta 5.” Logan said as they sat eating their first dinner at the table in their new home. Logan had been surprised and very pleased when Ororo had joined him, that evening, in the kitchen and helped him cook dinner. She had almost completely come out of her shell and started to act like her old self, but she still wouldn’t talk to him, which made him have to do all the talking, which really wasn’t his forte. “I don’t want ya ta feel ya gotta get a job, like I said we have plenty of money. Sides I’d feel better knowin yer safe at home.” Ororo ate silently as she watched Logan while he spoke to her. “So when ya planning on startin that garden out back?” Logan asked changing the subject and causing Ororo to smile and look down shyly. “I know yer dyin ta start it, so tamorrow after work I’ll take ya ta get some seeds and plants and what not.” Ororo smile brightened at this news and Logan shook his head and chuckled at her excitement.



***Later that night***




“Ya all ready fer bed?” He asked as he made his way into her room, the biggest bedroom in the three-bedroom house, with her own personal bathroom. He had wanted her to be comfortable and knew he didn’t need all the space. Ororo stood in the middle of the large room staring at the oversized bed Logan had brought her, an exact duplicate of the one she had at the mansion. Logan could sense her tension. “What’s wrong darlin?” Suddenly the sound of thunder filled the room as a quick flash of lightning shone outside, causing Ororo to jump. “Not your handy work huh?” He said referring the sudden storm. She shook her head no. “Just a spring shower. I’ma head ta bed, if ya need me I’m right across tha hall. Night.” With that he left the room closing the door behind him. He moved down the hall just past his room, to the other bathroom. After a quick shower, cut short by the lightning outside, Logan made his way back to his own room only to find that Ororo had already made herself at home in his bed. He didn’t say a word, just made his way to the bed and slid in beside her. Once settled he lifted his arm and allowed Ororo to cuddle against him, resting her head on his chest, which had become a common position for her since their first night ‘on the run’.





You must login () to review.