Disclaimer: I don’t own these characters…

AU


Ororo’s POv


The life I'm meant to lead
Won’t slip away from me
Cause this time's the last time
I know that my eyes have seen too much
This nightmare is not fair
And I've had enough
You break me as I bleed
You just say you're sorry
You call this love
But this time your lies are not enough
This time-Celine Dion



You lie there, on the floor knowing that this is probably the worst moment in your life, as you look at the small figure in the doorway, trying to hold in your tears.

You find that you don’t care that an hour ago your husband accused you of having an affair because you hadn’t told him you loved him like you do every day, even though along time ago you did have one night of passion that wasn’t spent with him, but he doesn’t know that, how could he?

His hand connected with your cheek with such force it sent you spinning side ways, he grabs you and pushes you into the hallway, you fall and he’s on you, taking you without your consent, and you hate the fact that no matter how much you say no and struggle against him, the more he’ll hurt you.

When he finds release, he removes himself, and you feel invaded, you try not to cry and you don’t, because by now you’re used to it. He kicks you in the stomach and you bite your lip to stop yourself from screaming, your lip is bleeding and bruised from his painful kisses and your inner muscles are torn from where he entered you, not caring if he’d hurt you.

Before you know it he’s on you again, your shirts ripped and your trousers are stained, but he doesn’t care, as much as you do, that he’s hurt you again, your mind wanders off as you think of the ways for you to escape it all, but your thoughts are interrupted when he punches your jaw, and the taste of blood is now in your mouth.

You hear the door open, and you hear footsteps on the cream carpet, you look up only to find the surprised eyes of your daughter, you say her name and he looks up, you scream at her to run, only to have him hit you again, you hear her footsteps receding and he gets off of you, you breath, a tear staining your cheek, you learn later that the ballet lessons she goes to were cancelled so she came home early. Surprised?

You scramble to your feet as you hear the door slam, knowing he’s gone after her, you panic, he always promised he’d never hurt her, you run out the door not caring your shirts ripped and you bra’s showing, you just run after him, only to find he’s already caught up to her, you grab his arm but he pushes you back and you hit the tarmac with a thud, you scream at the obvious pain, and you see the neighbours come out as your daughter screams, as he grabs her hair.

You scream at him to top it, telling him that she’s only eight years old-for Gods sake-but he doesn’t listen and you ask yourself when has he ever listened to you. Never, so why start now? You clutch you shirt around yourself as you see Kurt, the seventeen-year-old from next door knock him to the ground, its then that you run to her, your daughter and you hold her close, whispering apologies in her ear, and making promises she needn’t hear.

You bring her closer to you, her arms tightening in their embrace, you hear a police car rush down your street and watch as your husband is taken away from you, and it’s then that you realise, you’ve found your way out, and you tell yourself that in the morning you need to get hold of your solicitor for divorce papers, and to get your daughter the hell away from this nightmare.

You wonder that night as you sit at the kitchen table of your neighbour, Raven’s house (Kurt’s mother), you take a sip of your tea and you listen to your little girls breathing as she sleeps on the couch, your lucky and you know it, you look at Raven, and she asks you what’s going on in your head, and you ask her, “If Kurt hadn’t done what he did,” you pause for a minute and swallow the dread that keeps rising up, “he would have killed her, wouldn’t he?”

She doesn’t have an answer, but then neither do you, because it suddenly dawns on you that you didn’t know your husband Forge as you thought you did.




TBC…





You must login () to review.