Logans POV


You sit there and stare at the manila envelope that lies carelessly on your coffee table and you wonder what you did to deserve this, apart from the lack of communication with your wife, and the fact that your only son just tried to commit suicide with your personal gun. You can only blame yourself as you know she probably blames you some too, it was a long time coming and you knew it.

She left off when you were on that school trip to France, she stayed with her mother for a while as she found her own place, and even though you told her that you’d move out, you need a home closer to work anyway.

Your son, Jamie is still at the hospital getting better from his accident, your wife said as much as she loved him, they were never really that close and that Jamie needs his father more than he needed her, you tell her otherwise but she doesn’t listen to you.

When you go and visit him, you explain as best you can that mommies gone, left them, telling him that it was your fault, he doesn’t believe that it was your fault and that he was waiting for something like this to happen, you nod as he speaks taking in your sons wisdom. He tells you that his mom has already told him all this and that she said that he can go see her whenever he wants, he doesn’t seem interested, but you know otherwise and you hold him to you as he tries not to fall apart on your shoulder.

He comes home and the first week that he’s back you look for a house some where in Westchester that isn’t to far away from his mother, you tell Jamie about your plans and he grins, you say that it can be a fresh start for you and him, he can only smile harder.

You find a nice place together and when all your things are in the moving van outside, you look at the unopened envelope that still sits on the coffee table, you finally open it and get a pen signing the documents where necessary, her signature already there.

She comes to wave you off, and you hand her the papers, and she thanks you, just before Jamie envelopes her in a hug, her tears falling down her cheeks, Jamie says good by and hops in your truck, he’s telling you to hurry up as you say goodbye to her, giving the address of the new place so she can see Jamie when she wants, you go to kiss her, but she turns her head and your lips catch her cheek, you walk past her and get in the other side of the truck. You’re finally leaving your old life behind.

“Love you mom!” Jamie shouts out of the window as you pull out of the drive, moving slowly behind the moving van, she waves at him, and you watch her as you turn the corner, the woman you once knew so well and loved so much, disappearing from your life, even though you know somewhere you will always find some sort of comfort with her name.

Goodbye Jean.





You must login () to review.