Author's Chapter Notes:
A little fem slah here nothing serious. Ororo advances towards becoming a full amazon. A battle, a bit of violence in battle scene. Enjoy. PLease RnR guys I don't know if you like seomthing if you don't rnr.
The feast began at sunset, filled with the typical Amazonian dancing, wine, and storytelling. Ororo, Xena, Gabrielle, Melosa, Ephinay, Epinon and Solari were all seated on the royal dias, each having their special place. Ororo held her glass of wine in hand and enjoyed its taste. Her eyes flitted to the fire as she watched the women dance, watched them express love joy, the music was traditional Amazonian drums and they pounded through her being. Xena noticing her expression smiled. Leaning closer to her she whispered in Ororo’s ear.

“You ok?”

Ororo opened her eyes and nodded, then mischievously she put her wine down and extended her hands to the warrior princess.

“Come Warrior princess.”

Xena shook her head and tightened her grip on her wine.

“I don’t dance windrider.”

“Why not?”

“Its not my favorite.”

Ororo considered her answer for a moment then nonchalantly used the wind to push her into a standing position. Xena yelped and almost spilled her wine had it not been for Gabrielle who caught the glass and its precious contents. Xena growled as Ororo grinned.

“Let me repeat I don’t dance windrider.”

“And I my sweet warrior princess do not take no for an answer. You either come willingly or I force you.”
Xena growled then threw up her hands.

“Fine just a few dances.”

“Good.”

Xena took her extended hand and followed Ororo out into the dance area. Xena stood there stic straight glaring at Ororo.

“I can’t dance.”

“Of course you can come here.”

Xena allowed herself t be pulled closer to Ororo, their eyes locked and ororo put her hands on Xena’s hips. Slowly gently she began guiding the warrior princess in the dance. Xena at first was very wooden, allowing her body to move inaccordance to the pressure Ororo’s hands were creating. Ororo moved into her body and put her arms around Xena’s neck.

“Relax Xena. I am not coming onto you, just relax and let your body feel the beat.”

Xena raised an eyebrow but listened to the beat she allowed her body to move in accordance with Ororo’s. As she relaxed she remembered her childhood dances and soon found herself enjoying the dances. Gabrielle sitting on the throne watching chuckled. She had never seen Xena let go like that. This wind rider was good for her warrior. She watched the two women talk, laugh and generally just enjoy themselves. After several dances Gabrielle arose and walked onto the dance floor as a slow song started. Ororo sensing her across the dance floor immediately stepped out of Xena’s arms winking at Gabrielle and Ephiny quickly grabbed Ororo before anyone else could. After twenty or so dances Ororo laughed several other offers off and headed back to her seat, plopping down next to Melosa she was handed her glass of wine, a smile alighting her lips.

“You dance well Windrider.”

Ororo nodded and once more leaned her head back and closing her eyes allowed the music to beat with the rhythm of her heart, forgetting all about what Melosa had said that day.


The sun rose high in the sky and Melosa knocked on the door then poked her head in.

“Come today we move to the high camp. There is much to be done with you here Windrider.”

Ororo nodded. The tribe of women moved quickly
through the trees on their three night journey to the high camp. There was always a scouting party that moved at the head of the procession moving quickly through the trees, they came to give Melosa reports every few hours. The ysang as they walked honoring the forest and its animals. Ororo found that she knew the words of the song, her voice blending with those of the women, their song like a wind that blew through the trees. She found herself caught in the songs embrace. Tears began to stream down her face as the memories of the past came back to haunt her. Xena sensing her distress came to walk beside her.

“Are you ok?”

Ororo nodded wiping her tears away quickly.

“This reminds me much of my childhood, and hunting with my father and my own tribe. And of the many friends I have lost.”

Xena nodded.

“Join the song, let its notes be a healing balm Ororo. Your demons must be great. The high camp is a place of healing. You will have many opportunities to find peace there. I will walk this path with you if you will let me.” Ororo nodded and embraced Xena. “Enjoy the Amazon women, enjoy their culture, they are amazing.”

Ororo smiled and taking Xena’s word into account she began to enjoy the culture and the people. That evening around the campfire Gabrielle told stories and Ororo joined the hunting party. Slowly the memories came to rest within her for the time. Ororo spoke with many of the women and enjoyed their company, staying up late into the night. Soon she retired next to Xena, and the memories came back. Memories of Jean of watching Logan’s claws inserted into her stomach because she could not kill Jean. Memoires of the terror that Logan constantly faced, memories of losing Scott, man like her brother to her, memories of losing her family. They flashed before her closed eyes and soon sobs inadvertently found their way to her lips. Then she felt herself being pulled against a strong body and arm coming around her waist. She turned to find Xena holding her.

“Sleep now, let me fight your demons. I will protect you sleep now little sister.”

Xena’s soft voice began to sing and her hands ran through Ororo’s hair, bringing her comfort and sleep she had needed for many months.

Ororo was awakened by Xena moving away from her. A smile appeared over Xena’s features.

“Sleep well?”

Ororo nodded.

“Thank you Xena.”

Xena nodded and pulled her armor on.

“You will join the scouting party today. Be safe.”

She quickly joined the group of women sent out on patrol and scouting duty. Ephinay smiled at her approach.

“Come Wind rider. Come I will be leading the party today. I look forward to your company. Melosa mentioned you needed some practice with one of these and as you are royatly to our nation I took it upon myself to make you this.” She handed Ororo a bow, to Ororo it felt natural and good to hold a bow again. It was a beautiful weapon perfectly shaped and weighted for her. Ororo ran her hands along the intricately carved bow. It was carved both with the symbols of Amazonian royalty and symbols that represented her being a Windrider, an amazon. It was made out of red oak and it was ordained with several types of feathers, each representing her accomplishments. “ soon those feathers will be full, I will add the remainder when you have comepleted your training.”


“Thank you Ephinay.”

Ephinay nodded pleased that Ororo liked it.

“Come Ororo.”

The group of four women set off in the tops of the trees scouting the path before them. Daylight was mostly gone and Ororo’s body was getting sore from climbing up and down the trees and swinging. She felt like a monkey, but had greatly enjoyed spending time with Ephinay and scouting with the other women. The day went smoothly with no problems and once more the women sat around the fire talking, dancing and telling stories. Early the next morning Ororo awoke early and walked towards Ephinay who smiled and nodded.

“You need not ask Ororo. Come join us another day.”
Once more the women set off in the tree tops as others began to break camp. Nearing the end of the day and about a mile outside of the high camp; Ororo heard a noise in the forest to her left and at Ephinays command she snuck closer. Her feet were silent as she moved along the tops of the trees. They came upon a small band of men who were gambling. They appeared to be soldiers in red uniforms. Ororo signaled to Ephinay who signaled to one of the Amazon’s to go back and to report to Melosa and the other to report to the high camp to bring a few of the warriors. Ephinay and she communicated a battle strateg, Ephinay dropped out of the trees and landed behind the men without a sound her mask in place to cover her face. Ororo took aim, then letting her eyes cloud over she released the arrow, it hitting the man with a silent thud in his back knocking him unconscious. The others gave a shout an stood to face Ephinay.

“You think one women can kill all fifty of us?”

Ephinay smiled.

“Come on roman think you can beat me? “

As ten of the men advanced on Ephinay Ororo used her powers causing a great wind to knock the men down and flipping out of the tree joined Ephinay. The romans stood.

“Oh two Amazons I am scared now.”

The battle began, as one of the me advanced she notched four arrows and released each taking down a man. Ororo chose not to use her powers and prepared herself for each blow that was sent at her.. A man advanced on Ororo, getting angry of being chased Ororo rolled grabbing a sword and began to parry the mans blows. Her training sessions with Logan were paying off. Each thrust and parry was met with metal clashing on metal. Two more men advanced on ororo’s position and she growled, this was a game to the men. Ororo felt tears sting her eyes as she felt the battle rage move into her body. It had only happened a few times but when it did she turned into a merciless killer. Blinking she winced as her blood pounded in her ears. She felt her powers within her blood sing with desire to release itself. The roman noticed and grinned at her weakness. He advanced on her calling his men off and motioned them to form a circle, they had done a similar thing with Ephinay. Fear flickered through Ororo’s eyes momentarily. The Roman closed in using blunt force to take ororo’s sword out of her hands. Ororo growled and assumed a battle stance. The blood was pounding in her ears as she attempted to keep her powers and emotions in check. She growled a snear on her face and the roman laughed. Throwing his sword to one of his mean he took off his helmet and armor.

“Come on Amazon. You win and kill me and I won’t pleasure myself on you.”

He assumed a boxing stance and Ororo laughed the feather earring on her ear bouncing with her mirth. She turned away to check on Ephinay. Ephinay seemed fine and the roman did exactly as she wanted and grabbed her from behind. Ororo expecting the move twisted and caught him around the neck. Her eyes flickered from white to black to white. Grabbing the mans earlobe in her teeth she whispered.

“The only problem with pleasuring yourself on me is I would kill you Roman. “

She bit down hard and ripping his earlobe off spit it on the ground, anger flashing through her eyes. The roman screamed and reached up to touch his ear.

“You bitch!”
Ororo laughed showing no fear and motioned for the roman to attack her spitting out the last of his blood ashe advanced. He did and pulling the dagger out of her boot she stabbed him slicing his throat open. The other men then began to attack. Ororo growled killing several as her darker side filled her mind fighting as hard as she could against it Ororo closed her eyes and let her body take over. As she came out of killing a man she watched as Ephinay fell and a sword slice across her stomach. It was the last straw, The sun was blocked out as the storm came rushing down lightning crackled around Ororo, dancing off her fingertips. She opened her eyes and instead of their customary white they were pitch black, and her teeth were longer. Summoning her powers Ororo floated above them, and summoning a strong wind she knocked them back and into trees, cracking many of their skulls, those that were not thrown into trees were pulled far above ground and dropped. Clapping her hands tougher the remaining men holding swords were clapped together at gale force speeds, their bodies coming together and snapping them in half. Few survived and those that did ran form there stumbling over themselves. Ororo landed softly on the ground her eyes returning to their normal blue, she turned and walked toward Ephinay, lifting her gently. Xena ran into the clearing and raised an eyebrow at the bodies scattered everywhere. Melosa and several other amazons ran into the clearing.

“Come Xena we need to get Ephinay care. Can you run? “

Xena nodded and getting Ororo’s drift began running full speed toward the higher camp, the other Amazons followed at a slower pace not being able to keep up with the warrior princess and the windrider. Ororo lifted herself into the sky and followed Xena’s streaking form to the high camp. When they reached it Xena stopped out of breath and Ororo landed. They both quickly made their way to the healers hut. The healer and Xena worked quickly knowing Ephinay had lost a bit of blood. Ororo was escorted to a nearby hotspring to take a bath and handed a new set of Amazonian leathers. Once alone Ororo cradled her face in her hands, trying to figure out what had happened. She had lost control of herself and her darker side since the battle for jean. She leaned back and her tears filled her eyes. After thoroughly cleansing herself Ororo headed back to the healers hut and checked on Ephinay. Ephinay smiled.

“Thank you Ororo.”

Ororo smiled and hugged her gently.

“My pleasure Eph. You going to be ok?”

Ephinay nodded.

“Think so a little dinged up but Xena has taken good care of me.”

Xena smiled. When the other Amazons reached the camp a festival began and ororo let her resteless soul find peace in the dancing and singing of the women around her. Sitting at the table with the firelight flickering off her features she closed her eyes and listened to the sound. Late into the night Ororo went and settled into her bunk her dreams troubling her yet again.
Her dreams keeping her from slumber Ororo stepped out into the night air and began to run through the night, then jumping she landed softly in a large tree she ran and jumped from limb to limb branch to branch until she reached the edge of a large precipice, instead of slowing down to account for the ending of her trees ororo ran faster her breath coming out in spurts and threw herself off the edge of the tree and let herself free fall a good portion of the canyon then allowing herself to be caught she felt the wind pick her up and she began to spiral towards the sky. She missed the hooded figure standing on the edge of the precipice. It watched her watched her spiral towards the sky. A bitter smile crossed its lips. It’s alto voice broke the silence of the night in a whisper.

“The windrider returns, watch out zeus, and Aries, the windrider had returned.”

As Ororo finished her spiral towards the sky she leveled off and flew herself back to the camp she landed gently in the middle of it. She was startled by a voice.

“You know your craft well windrider.”

Ororo turned to see Melosa shrouded in a dark green robe,taking it off Melosa handed it to her. Ororo took it and put it around her shoulders.

“Thank you Melosa. “

Melosa smiled.

“Come sit with me we have much to discuss.”

Ororo followed as they moved to the dying embers of the fire.

“your destiny is great child. Your mission is not exactly easy either. You are the only one who can cleanse this land of its many evils. We as the amazons have fought it for many many generations and now our generation will come to the end as the amazons will, until the day that In your time you arose to power. You have already saved many of our lives, the how is meant to confuse you, you will not understand until the moment you will understand. It will come and you will understand all things. I have been sent back that you may listen well. I am the great great grandmothers of your Jean Gray. Before the Phoenix killed her she came back in time and I have a message to deliver. I have kept it close in hopes that somehow you can change all that has already happened. Here take this.” Ororo heard the sound of crinkling paper as Melosa from her inner robes produced two pieces of paper. “The second is for the warrior, deliver it to him. He will need it.” Ororo gazed into the green eyes of a woman. Melosa’s eyes softened for a moment and her hand reached out and touched Ororo’s face. The gentleness in her eyes was something that Ororo remembered. Tears begin to fill her eyes and she reached out and laid her hands against Melosas and nuzzled her face into that hand. Melosa smiled and using her thumb to wipe the tears away. Her voice changed for but a moment as she spoke. “I will always love you little sister, love Logan as you desire. I am free now, I must go.” Ororo sighed and her forehead met Melosas. After her talk with Melosa/ Jean Ororo headed to her room and fell into a peaceful slumber.

Early the next morning she was up before Xena was and headed to the practice fields. She knew this week would bring her test and she would be a full amazon warrior, something Melosa said flitted across her mind, but she pushed it aside and continued her training. About half way through it her staff hit the top of someone elses. A young amazon warrior smiled.

“Spar with me windrider?”

Ororo grinned.

“Of course. What’s your name?”

“Telaka, I am the protector of artemises temple.”

Ororo nodded.

“Come Telaka.”

Ororo brought her staff down on the womens chobo’s found the blow blocked and quickly turned her staff to avoid an attack from the second chobo. Telaka smiled.

“good.”

Ororo began the same attack but at the last moment backed out and reversed the aattack. Telaka smiled and caught the slight change, blocking it easily. She brought both Chobo’s up trying to disarm the women in front of her. Ororo fought the struggle to rid her of her staff and instead twirled it causeing both chobos to spin and Telaka almost lost them nodding she smiled and began a triple attack. Ororo blocked every move and Telaka found herself had pressed to get a hit on ororo. Finally Ororo landed a hit to Telaka’s midsection. Telaka stepped back winded then held up her hands.

“Well done Ororo, but save it for the test, I am here to help if you need any. I must get back to the temple.”

Ororo nodded and thanking the women turned and traded in her staff for chobos. Telaka turned and walking away turned around for a few more minutes watching her fight. She chuckled. If Epinon were not careful this one would take her job. Ororo worked fore several more hours rotating through weapons then after going through each of the movements grabbed her bow and headed out into the forest. She decided to go hunting, they would need meat soon enough. Xena watched ororo finall leave the practice fields and ran to catch up with her.

“Ro may I join you?”

Ororo turned and smiled.

“Of course. Your company is always appreciated. Gabrielle occupied with things of the state today?”

Xena chuckled and nodded.

“indeed she is. Where are we hunting?”

“I was thinking of heading up to the falls doing a quick patrol make sure everything is ok and then heading back into the fields there was a large stag spotted there this morning.”

Xena nodded.

“Lead the way oh great hunter.”

As they headed into the forest ororo had a hard time keeping up with her.

“Ro slow down. Whats bothering you?”

Ororo sighed and as they landed in the clearing above the falls she finally spoke.

“Melosa said she is going to be giving me her rite of cast, I don’t understand Xena, teach me the Amazon laws.”

“they are much like you’ve described your country, love its just a matter of how they are carried out. For Melosa to step aside and give you her title is to give you power to accomplish your destiny she understands that. Plus Melosa has been looking to retire, she is aging. You coming marked the end of her time.”

“theres another problem.”

Xena laughed.

“And that is?”

“I’m not into women.”

Xena laughed.

“Sure about that? Ever been with a woman?”

Ororo growled.

“No. Are you offering warrior princess?”

Xena growled.

“And if I was?”

Before Ororo could speak Xena closed the gap between them and kissed her. Ororo felt herself melt and enjoy the warrior princesses kiss. Her lips were soft and she intertwined her fingers in the Warriors black hair pulling her closer. Ororo surprised Xena by asking for entry with her tongue running across her lower lip deepening the kiss. When air finally became necessary they broke apart they searched each others eyes. Ororo spoke first.

“That was.. nice. You are a hell of a kisser woman.”

Xena laughed.

“I agree, but I don’t know if I’d want to go farther, you are much like my sister.”

Ororo chuckled.

“Sure? You are pretty sexy I could find myself jumping you.”

Xena growled and pulled her in for another kiss. Both women enjoyed it. When they broke apart both slightly short on breath Ororo patted her cheek.

“I think I agree though kissing you is a very nice experience, but you are to much like my sister. I like kissing you but its more comforting than anything else.”

Xena smiled tracing her fingers down Ororo’s jaw she smiled.

“I am here sister for whatever you need whenever you need it.”

The two sat at the top of the waterfall for an hour talking,
Ororo sitting between Xena’s legs snuggling close as they ate lunch. When lunch was finished both women got up and headed to the north fields. They were perched in the trees above the field when Ororo signed to Xena and pointed towards a large Stag that was gazing in the field. Xena nodded and moved to be in front of the stag to get the first shot. Both women notched an arrow and aimed at the stag. Ororo allowed her mind to be free of everything except the sound of the stag’s heartbeats and the feather tickling her ear. Xena watched and when Ororo signaled the arrows released and they flew to their target. Ororo jumped out of the tree and ran to the stags side. Repeating the Amazon chant she reached down grabbing her dagger and slit the animals throat. Xena joined her both thanking the animal for its life and quickly skinned it, packed the meat took its head and headed back to camp. When they reached it they were surrounded by Amazonians who quickly relieved them of their burden. They both headed to the hot springs washed up, joined everyone for dinner and soon headed to bed.





You must login () to review.