Author's Chapter Notes:
Beware, a few dreams here that contain rape. Enjoy.

disclaimer: all characters belong to their rightful owners I just play with them.
Another week passed and Ororo found herself ready to face her test. Xena squeezed her shoulder lovingly the morning of.

“Go and do well windrider for when you return you will be a full Amazon.”

Ororo turned and hugged the warrior, they had grown close over the last few weeks. Melosa approached.

“Come child I will be testing you.”

Ororo nodded and stepped out on the practice floor. The first test was with chobos Ororo won but not without three distinct wounds on her shoulders, the back of her knees and one across the ribs. Melosa nodded and putting her chobos on the rack handed Ororo a sword. Metal grated on metal, the two warriors were well matched but in the end ororo won. Next came the bow, another close tie in which Melosa won. Melosa nodded and threw her a staff, the final test. Ororo smirked thinking it would be easy. Melosa attacked near her right shoulder disengaged the attack and he staff cracked hard against Ororo’s ribs. Hearing her ribs crack Ororo felt her darkside kick in. Fighting it back she straightened her body and concentrated. The stillness filled her mind and prepared for Melosa’s next attack. Melosa attacked near her knees ororo blocked disengaged the blow and almost landed a blow to the back of Melosa’s neck. Melosa smirked, she had been expecting that attack. Ororo twirled her staff and waited. They traded blows for another twenty minutes, ororo getting several more blows landed to her face and knees. After being pushed back and knocked down Ororo rose again twirled her staff and waited. She let the stillness fill her mind and spirit, waiting. Melosa attacked with her signature attack, one that no other warrior had ever disengaged. Oror seeing the move calmed her mind, putting her staff in her right hand opening herself up, Melos raised an eyebrow just before it hit her Ororo caught Melosa’s staff between her staff and her left hand twisted until she was on the other side of it and landed three blows on melosa, one to the back of the head, one to the back of her knees and one hard in the small of her back, then landing Ororo turned ready to attack again only to find Melosa on the ground in considerable pain. Melosa stood leaning heavily on her staff.

“Well done Ororo. No one has dared that move before. Did you use your powers?”

Ororo lowered her weapon.

“No maam.”

“Congratulations you are now a full warrior of the amazon nation. You have become an incredible scout, a fabulous hunter and you have mastered the staff, the chobos, the sword, and most of all the bow. Tonight we celebrate at the entrance of a new warrior into our ranks. As such the staff you are holding and the bow Ephinay made you are your weapons, you are free to make others. Now little one come and help me to the healers hut.”

Ororo chuckled and quickly set her staff on the rack and moved under Melosa’s arms bringing the right one around her shoulders. The crowd cheered as they went to the healers hut. Melosa’s smile was cocked to the side as they walked.

“I don’t think I’ve had my ass this kicked in a long time. Well done.”

Ororo nodded.

“Thank you Melosa.”

Magdela growled at both of them as they walked in.

“Did you have fun beating the shit out of each other? Gods Melosa you are to old to be initiating young warriors into our ranks. And you Ororo.” Her eyes swept over Ororo’s bruised body “You should know better than to beat up on old ladies.” Her voice softened and her eyes twinkled. “ Rarly have I seen a young warrior defeat Melosa’s attacks, if you had just pulled that arrow back a little more into your ear you would have been perfect. The council all agreed you are one of the best, and they are talking about making you the new weapons master. Gods I’ll probably have both you and Epinon in here one day having beat the krap out of each other.” Magdela babbled on as Ororo hissed as the healers fingers came in contact with her broken ribs. Gritting her teeth she growled.

“Take care of the queen first healer.”

Magdela growled.

“You do not give me orders Amazon!.” Her eyes softened.

“However you are right.”

Ororo laid her head back on the slats of the side of the hut and listened to the alto voice of the healer carry on.

Twenty minutes later Ororo was almost asleep, Magdela laughed soflty and gently woke her up then tended to her broken ribs.

“Melosa did a doozy on you child you’ve broken three ribs and a very bruised knee cap. Chobos are good at low attacks.”

Ororo groaned as the healer tended her wounds then handed her a cup of something that smelled roughly like hay, cat poop and lavender.

“Drink it come on.”

Ororo crinkled her nose.

“it stinks.”

Melosa across the room grinned at her protégé.

“Come on Child cheers.”

Their mugs clinked together as they each drank the foul herbs as quickly as they could manage to swallow. After they were washed and bandaged Magdela sent them back to their huts to change for the celebration.

Solari sat in her chair and watched the royals sitting in their seats at the head of the dance floor. Her eyes met Melosa’s and profound sadness filled them. She stood and walked over to her love. Reaching out her hand no words were said both knowing that no words needed to be said. Solari drew Melosa into the crowd allowing her body to sway with Melosa’s to the music. Reaching down she brushed a lock of hair out of Melosa’s face and seeing tears felt her heart break. Bending her head she captured Melosa’s lips gently, comforting her lover. Melosa responded deepening the kiss and Solaro couldn’t help but groan. She broke the kiss when air demanded itself and gazed deeply into her lovers eyes.

“Keep that up love and we won’t be here much longer.”
Melosa smiled.

“Maybe I don’t want to be here much longer.”

Solari groaned as she saw the seductiveness in her lovers eyes. As she watched a sadness covered them as well.

“What love?”

“The hardest part of all of this Solari is leaving you.”

Solari nodded in understanding and pulled Melosa closer.

“Tonight my love is anight for celebration, we will deal with the pain later.”

Melosa nodded and slowly danced with her lover. Ororo watched Melosa stand and go out on the dance floor with Solari. Solari looked upset but as she held Melosa close, the two danced very closely then Solari reached out and brushed the queens lis with her own. Ororo smiled. She had suspected them to be a couple long ago but never knew. Her eyes continued to watch the couple until they began to droop. Her exhaustion take over she fell asleep in her chair. Xena chuckled watching Ororo’s head bob up and down as she fought sleep. When she finally succumbed to it Xena lifted her up gently in her arms. Ororo snuggled closer, and Xena walked her to their hut. Setting ororo down, Xena crawled in next to her holding the young women tightly.
####################################
Ororo was running fast through hthe forest the lion closing in fast behind her. Ororo growled and jumped into the trees, the lion followed no matter what she could do to outrun it. Her mind was so one focused that when she felt another presensce next to her she almost missed it. Glancing over she saw the face of a young girl, ororo’s eyes registred shock when she realized it was her little sister. Glancing behind her she saw the lion had transformed into a man, a big burly man. He sneered a wicked gin covering his features. He had a spurt of speed and his large dark hands grabbed both girls. Ororo woke up tied to a post and to the horrendous view of her little sister on her back a mans big penis pumping in and out of her, his knife against her throat and as he reached his climax the knife came across her throat, her gaze fixed on Ororo and her crimson blood staining the white sheets as the man roared his release.
#####################################

Ororo awoke from her sleep screaming in Swahili and she felt the dark side of her powers come to life. Ororo reached for them when she came to her senses and realized she was in an Amazonian hut. Xena awoke with the names ripping from Ororo’s throat and placing her hand on Ororo’s shoulder and speaking softly the young women broke down into sobs and Xena pulled her close. Ororo nestled into Xena’s embrace as Xena rocked her whispering calming words to her. Soon Xena felt the fingers digging into her bicep loosen and Ororo again fell into a fitful sleep.

Early the next morning Melosa stood outside Ororo, and
Xena’s hut her hand hesitant to push aside the leatherskin door and ask Ororo for her company. She heard a stirring in the hut and taking a deep breath opened the flap.

“Ororo accompany me?”

Ororo nodded and standing grabbing her bow and boots joined Melosa outside the hut. Melosa handed her her staff and the two walked out in the morning light.

“Ororo, this will be our last day together.”

Ororo turned to look at her a question in her eyes.

“Why?”

“The rite of cast happens tonight. You will be queen by tomorrow.”

“Melosa…”

Ororo was stopped by a finger to her lips.

“No more arguing Ororo. No more arguing. You may not understand this but you must accept it.”

Ororo growled but obeyed her mentor who pulled her into a tight hug. They held each other for several minutes then Melosa broke away. They spent the day together enjoying each others company. Before night fell they headed back to the village where Melosa disappeared.
Melosa turned to Ephinay.

“Are you ready for this night my regent?”

Ephinay hesitated.

“I will never be ready for this night my queen, but I have promised to do as I am commanded.”

Melosa smiled and hugged Ephinay closely.

“Come there are arrangement to be made.”

Night fell over the land, Ororo watched the sun set and felt the dread within her. Melosa was stepping down giving her the right to be queen of the Amazon’s a right Ororo didn’t feel she had. Sighing she felt Xena walk aup behind her and snuggle in. Xena’s strong arms entwining themselves around Ororo’s waist. Ororo leaned back enjoying the strength of the warrior

“You are worried?”

“It is hard to see Melosa step down Xena.”

Realization flitted across Xena’s face. The Amazon’s didn’t just step down this was a ritual killing. She was about to speak when Ephinay walked up.

“Come it is time.”

The three stood up and Xena felt a pit form in her stomach, Melosa stood at the head end of her throne, surrounded by the Amazon nation. Solari stood next to her queen and before Melosa walked down the stairs to where Ephinay stoodin the shadows, Melosa took Solari into her arms and kissed her passionatly.Solari had tears streaming down her face as they exchanged a gentle I love you to. Melosa smiled and wiped the tears of her lover from her face. Ororo found herself confused her mind focusing to put the pieces together. Melosa stopped in front of her and outstretched har arms. Ororo gladly accepted the hug as Melosa spoke soflty in to her ear. Ephinay stepped out of the shadows Xena and Gabriel joining her. Melosa stood and walked towards Gabrielle a smile on her face.

“I will miss you little sister, and the time will come when you will be needed as the leader of the Amazon, rest in that hope.

“ And now little one you will receive the only thing I can give you.” Stepping out of the embrace Melosa walked towards Ephinay.” All who stand here hear my words. I queen Melosa of the amazon nation pass the rite of cast onto Ororo Munroe, Windrider that her destinay may be fulfilled and the Amazon nation restored and healed. She will be your new queen you must follow her into battle as you would me. The old way will be no more as of this moment. Ephinay it is your duty and your rite to do as our law commands.”. Stepping close to Ephinay and clasping the dagger that Ephinays hands held she spoke. “Ephinay its time.”

Ephinay stepped forward a dagger in her hand putting her forehead against Melosa's, she whispered the rite of passage into the next world.

“Go my queen, be cradled into the arms of Artemis, and may you remember who you are.”

Before Ororo could comprehend all that was happening Ephinay stabbed Melosa the knife making a sickening sound as it passed through the amazon queens leathers and into her skin. Ephinay with tears in her eyes kept her hand on the dagger as she lowered Melosa’s body to the ground continuing the rite of passage. “You have honored your people and done it well but the time has come for you to pass on into the old world your blood will bring about anew world, you go out with the honor passed onto you, go into the next life and may it be well with your soul, may it be well with you our beloved queen.”

As the last breath flowed from Melosa’s body Ephinay stood with a tear streaked face and placed Melosa’s body on the flames. Gently she pressed a kiss to her forehead as she finished the ritual. “ You are and always will be our queen Melosa, today you pass into the underworld, may you know your people are taken care of.” Her voice cracked. “We now release your spirit.” As the flames licked at her flesh Ephinay removed the mask of the Amazon queen and walked to Ororo.

“According to the laws of our people Windrider, you now hold the rite to rule us we will follow you into battle, live and die for you as our queen.” Seeing the fear and struggle in Ororo’s eyes Ephinay spoke softer. “please do no dishonor her memory, do not dishonor our queen, take the mask, and do not try to understand.”

Ororo knowing the custom, as it was one of her own country stepped forward and received the mask from Ephinay. As she repeated the Amazonian queens vows to her people tears continued to slide down her face. The Amazon’s cheered when the mask fully covered Ororo’s face.

“Long live the queen of the Amazon’s. Long live the queen of the Amazon’s.” Then they turned to their old queen and began to grieve. As she watched Melosa’s body being burned her eyes snapped to several of the Amazonian’s grabbing their weapons and saw centaurs walking into the camp. Ororo stood

“Put down your weapons.”

The Amazonian women hesitated and Ororo spoke again anger lacing her voice. The women complied and the leader of the centaurs walked towards her.

“We only wish to honor your late queen. She was a wise and brave women. We understand the sacrifice she made and only wish to honor her.”

Ororo nodded and watched as the centaurs came and sang a song, a song of morning on in a strange tongue. Xena joined them her haunting soprano voice carried by the soft wind as its notes comforted her soul. They danced until the morning light touched the sky, slowly the Amazon’s moved into their separate huts. Ororo stood after everyone had left and grabbing a staff and her bow she ran into the woods finding the highest plateau. Closing her eyes the wind whipping through her white hair she began to practice, starting with simple tai chi movements and then moving nt more sophisticated battle strategies. After battling her shadow demons until the sun began to cast its last rays in the sky she collapsed exhausted in the tall grass tears streaming down her face.

“Why Meluso why?”

Ephinay having watched over her queen for the better part of the day chose that moment to come down into the field and sitting behind Ororo slid her arms around her waist and held her tightly. Speaking soflty she began to explain.

“Her blood was needed Ororo it is our way, its is the tradition that when the Windrider appears the blood of the queen is the first to be spilt that the new age may be ushered it. It was all she could give you.”

Ororo’s body shook with anger and pain she understood it was the ways of her people as well but her body wracked with sobs over the lives and the blood she had spilt earlier that day and the deep fear that her dark side could not be contained. The two women sat like that until the moon was high in the sky, both of them sobbing and offering comfort, offering understanding. Then slowly very slowly they both stood and walked back to the village.
*************************************************************
Logan about a hundred miles away sighed, he was a bit sore after sparing with Hercules today both had enjoyed it. Hercules came up behind him and smiled.

“The Amazon’s moved to the high camp. It will take us three days to reach them Logan. There has also been a shift in the ruling council of the Amazon’s. Meluso Queen of the Amazons handed off her rite of cast to an unknown party, the centaurs could not see her face, they are not often let into the amazon camp, but a few of them sent word down that they moved and honored the death of Queen Melosa.”

Logan nodded.

“We leave in the morning?”

Hercules smiled.

“Yes. I would recommend some sleep. You will need it.”
********************************************

Ororo awoke after a restless night of sleep, her heart aching. Dawn had just announced itself the sun cresting the ridge. Xena stood outside her hut.

“Come my queen, a scout moved in last night and we need you.”

Ororo sighed and followed Xena to the council chambers. When they reached it they found Amazons from four different tribes. Ororo was surprised but quickly hid her surprise when Ephinay pulled her aside.

“A war council has been called my lady.”

Ororo raised an eyebrow.

“A war council over what?”

“Go take your seat they all know who you are and I suspect you will soon know who they are. Listen well my queen.”

Ephinay announced her title as she went to sit down. As soon as she took her seat a women dressed more like a pirate than an amazon stood.

“Queen ororo, I know we catch you in atime of sorrow, especially over the death of Queen Melosa. My name is Terock, I am the queen of the amazons of the sea. We called this war council due to the increasing pressure on our lands from the Romans. We spotted a three hundred ships enroute to our shores several months ago.”
The women next to her dressed mostly in long leathers stood.

“My name is Seria, I am the head shameness of the northern amazons, We to have seen an increase in roman activity, We are afraid that Brutus and his men may come to our lands within the next few moons.”

A women stood dressed in garb much like the greek amazons.

“My name is Xaksala, I am the queen of the nomadic amazons, Our lands are everywhere but as we have traveled we are continually plagued by Romans, they take us as slaves and use us to pleasure themselves.”
Another women stood dressed in a mix of long leathers and a purplish cloth.

“My name is Kacala, I am the queen of the moon amazons.” Her striking, haunting emerald eyes took Ororo off guard. “we live far from here near the sea, we have seen romans come to annihilate us but have been able to avoid them.”

Terock stood again.

“Ororo we must do something, if we are not careful the Romans will overrun our lands and our race will die. We need the help of the greek amazons.”

Ororo nodded.

“Of course we will help. Ephinay, please go get Gabrielle, Xena, Epinon and Solari. I need to know where the romans are, where they are in force and lets begin an attack strategy.”

The day was spent in council chambers pouring over maps of the known world, planning battles and best defenses. Ororo stilled several arguments between the tribes and in many ways played mediator between old bitterness's, so that things could be done well. The army they had was not large. Ororo proposed an alliance with the centaurs, which caused the whole room to burst into argument for almost ten minutes. Finally Ororo stilled them with a loud voice.

“Enough!! Look I don’t fully understand the issues that we have with the centaurs.” Solari interrupted her.

“they are men that is reason enough.”

Ororo sighed.

“Be that as it may it will more than double our ranks and with the Romans we will need that extra effort. Do you think Ceaser will stop with us? He will go onto Centaur land as well, we might as well ally ourselves with them for now.”

Xena stood.

“many of you know me as the destroyer of nations, my army was stopped by Kaliopus and his men and my army was as vast and as cruel as Ceasars, think of the combined effort that the Amazons and the centaurs can have, we can more than protect our lands.”

Terock stood.

“And how can we know we can trust them Xena? For that matter how can we know if we can trust you destroyer of nations.”

The council once more broke out into a loud argument. Ororo felt her temper rising. She tried to speak several times only to be overshouted by the others. Anger rose within her and she stood causing a loud thunderclap to quiet the council.

“Enough!! If we continue to argue like this we will never win, nor will we ever stand as long as we are divided. Xena are you willing to stake your life and that of the amazon nation on the loyalty of the centaurs.”

Xena didn’t hesistate.

“Yes my queen.”

“Then negotiations will begin in a few days. Is the council agreed?”

Everyone in the council nodded.

“Good we will adjourn until morning, dinner is served. Please enjoy the hospitality of the greek amazon nation.”

The council chambers emptied of all except Ororo and Xena. Xena walked to chair in which Ororo sat and bent her hed gently kissing her. Ororo returned the kiss and smiled.

“Thanks babe.”

“You ok?”

Ororo sighed.

“Trying to be, political negotiations aren’t my favorite I will need you by my side when the time comes.”

Xena nodded.

“I promise. You coming to dinner?”

“Yeah in a bit I need a few minutes with Eph before then.”

Xena smiled and squeezed her hand.

“of course.”

As Xena left she ran into Eph waiting outside the door.

“Go she needs you.”

Eph smiled and walked into the council chambers.

When she walked in she handed Ororo a mug of special tea.

“What this for? “

“Its for your headache.” Ororo raised an eyebrow. “you’ve been rubbing your temples all day Ororo.”

Ororo chuckled.

“You said you had another matter to discuss with me what is it?”

Ephinay squirmed.

“Some of the women in our tribe do not believe allying ourselves with the centaurs is a good idea.”

“Do you agree with them Ephinay?”

Ephinay struggled.

“No my lady, I would never go against your word whether I agree or not, I think it can be a profitable venture, but I fear that they will betray us. “

Ororo nodded.

“I fear that to my friend. Send those women out on to the practice field tomorrow evening, whether they are of our tribe or not, they can try to win the ability to make those decisions.”

Ephinay started.

“No my queen that is a bad idea.”

“Eph please I don’t need anyone else questioning me.”

Ephinay nodded casting her eyes to the ground.

“Yes, My queen.”

Ororo reached out and pulled Ephinay's eyes, a warm love greeted Ephinay.

“Come lets go to dinner my regent.”

Ephinay returned the smile and together the two women went to dinner. Ororo retired to her quarters early that night her fingers gliding over Melosa’s staff as memories of her mentor and friend filled her mind. The questions still hung in her mind as she crawled into her bedroll and stared up at the moon. Her eyes closed as her mind slowed and she slipped into a fitful sleep.

***********************************************************

Ororo sat on the grassy plain overlooking the waterfall, her knees crossed under her her eyes closed as she meditated. She heard the grass crunch behind her and turned to see her mother. Ororo smiled.

“Mother it is good to see you.”

Ndare smiled and cradled her daughters cheek.

“As it is to see you my daughter. My how you’ve grown
look at you, warrior queen of the ancient greek amazons. You truly are an amazing woman.”

Ororo’s eyes flickered at her mothers words.

“mother my dark side is getting stronger.”

Ndare nodded.

“I know beloved I know.” At the confused look that crossed her daughters face Ndare lifted up her hands to silence her.

“Melosa found me in the afterlife told me of the battle you and with the romans. Ororo we always taught you to do good and not to be violent but there are times and places for that violence. You are using it for good to protect your people. That is an appropriate time and place to use its powers, for your own revenge this is a bad idea. Use your heart ororo you know that is right and wrong.”

“And if I cannot control it and kill hundreds of my own people?”

Ndare grabbed her daughters jaw jerking it to face her.

“Ororo you have grown so much since that time, you were young and foolish. You know better, let that experience guide you Ororo.”

Ororo laughed and allowed herself to be pulled into her mothers embrace. They sat like that for awhile until

N’dare spoke.

“I must go beloved.” She stood and began to walk away when a mischevious glint came into her eyes and she turned back. “ I just have to ask, will you take Xena as a lover?”

Ororo guwaffed at her mother.

“What? Seriously mother?”

“I had a few women lovers daughter mind you for comfort only after your father died. They understood more than most men. Don’t be afraid.”

Ororo growled as she watched her mother walk away.


Chapter End Notes:
Read and review please guys. thanks so much.



You must login () to review.