Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry guys I have to post this in 3 or 4 parts Here's the thing, I'm trying to clear up my stories before moving on to the next one...so here's a little Christmas in the springtime. And thank you QTfic for lighting a fire under me for this one. To all you guys who take the time to review, I humbly bow to you.

Oh yeah I know these aren't my dolls, uh I mean characters, I just like playing with them, so please don't sue me.
December 25th 5:36 a.m.

Within the bedrooms of the mansion, heads lay resting serenely upon their pillows. All stress washed away with the beautifully wrapped packages piled high under the twelve foot tall Douglas fir tree in the living room.

The snow had continued to fall and had now blanketed as far as the eye could see, making everything a winter wonderland. Glistening icicle hung from ice heavy branches. Various snow forms staggered the long driveway thanks to an impromptu sculpture challenge from two days ago causing each person there to become amateur snow artists, with the professor as the stand out judge. He had declared Ororo the winner, even though he still wasnt' sure what her sculpture was. Now the snow lay clan and undisturbed.

The moon and star still claimed that it was night, not giving in to the beginning light of the suns rays, which were yet to appear.

Softly, yet distinctly the sound of sleigh bells started above the mansions roof. The sound growing louder until all ears heard the beautiful jingling. A hearty "Ho, ho, ho Merry Christmas" followed, causing bedroom doors to open and a rocket on two legs,dressed in a fuzzy yellow robe and blue slippers to speed down the main staircase. Beating out similar legs dressed in a pink robe and pink slippers by a few seconds.

Remy walked over to Scott, slapping him on the back as each X-man smiled with shaking heads at Jubilee and Rogue's six year old behavior.

Jean joined Ororo at the steps to her attic apartment, as she placed a hand over her mouth to cover a yawn before saying, "Merry Christmas dear," turning her head to all now gathered in the wide hall to extend the same greeting to them as well, "it seems Santa has arrived."

Ororo bent to give Charles a hug and kiss upon his cheek, as he exited the elevator to their floor. "Yes, it would seem so." she said with a shrewd smile to Charles, who in return gave her a sly wink.

Logan sniffed the air, raising a brow in understanding to Charles and Ororo's machinations. Even he couldn't help but admire their love of the season.

The self made family made their way to the living room, following the exuberant girls.

"It's about time you oldsters made it down here. My great great grandmother can move faster than you guys." Jubilee proclaimed, throwing her arms up in the air to emphasize her impatience.

They all just shook their heads in amusement at Jubilee's claim.

"What? Well she would if I had one. Now let's get on to opening my presents." Jubilee greedily rubbed her hands together.

"Don't get too excited sugah, all yah gettin' is lumps ah coal." Rogue couldn't help teasing.

"I think both you young ladies are much more deserving than that." Charles declared.

Hank and Scott positioned themselves around the tree, handing packages to Charles for distribution.

Ororo and Logan sat on an overstuffed loveseat drinking much needed cups of strong coffee. Her legs were tucked under her and every once in a while she wiggled her toes near his bottom and laughed as he stiffened up. Remy and Jean fought at the cd player over whether to play Cole or Crosby. Remy wanted Cole, Jean wanted Crosby. It was the same every year.

Even though they had Secret Santa's, the tree was overloaded with may gifts for everyone. It seemed the X-men didn't hold to doing simple Christmas's. the Secret Santa gifts were still the highlight to the abundant gift giving that one and all looked forward to.

Despite their friendly spats and displays of teenage antics throughout the year, Jubilee and Rogue still managed to have a haul nearly the size of a small department store. Both of them had sat hugging each other, crying over it being the best Christmas ever.

With only the Secret Santa gifts left to open, all wrapped in the custom made silver and gold foil wrapping paper with embossed X's, it was time to reveal, who had gotten whom.

Rogue and Jubilee being the most impatient were the first to start, reaching under the tree for the gifts they had purchased.

"Ahem...on this most auspicious occasion..." Jubilee started, as she was promptly cut off with groans and heavy sighs and even throw pillows being tossed at her, she quickly changed her route of speech. "Okay, okay...sheesh, Professor this is for you." she handed him his present.

Rogue walked over to Hank, "I got yah this year big guy, Merry Christmas."

Charles opened his gift of a brand new silk robe along with a single bound biographical book of world leaders, with an add in plastic sleeved essay written by the little firecracker herself about the one she thought to be the greatest leader of all...Professor Charles Xavier. Charles was touched. They shared a familial hug and for once Jubilee was speechless.

Hank was having a heck of a time with all the tape adhering to his fur while he opened his gifts, but his eyes grew wide with appreciation as he reached into the box and pulled out several beautifully framed photos. Each one showing him at different ages, surrounded by various groups of people. All of whom were still a part of his life, including his current family of the X-men. It served to show him that no matter what a book looked like, love showed no prejudice. In the bottom of the box was also a note stating he would receive on dessert a month from the Magnolia Bakery, for a year. Both brought tears to his eyes. He affectionately patted Rogues gloved hand on his shoulder, as she blushed shyly.









Chapter End Notes:
Last chance for your final word on this fic. Speak now or forever hold your peace.



You must login () to review.