Author's Chapter Notes:
I have really hated separating this chapter, yet it just didn't feel right to make it stand alone as individual ones. I guess this last part could have been a chapter alone, but oh well, this is it and I hope no one is too disappointed with it.
It was late Christmas night and just like he knew he would, he found Ororo curled up in the bay window seat, next to the fire reading. He took the time to lean on the doorjamb, admiring her beauty.

With one hand she unconsciously twirled a lock of gorgeous hair, while her ocean eyes scanned the pages.

Breathtaking.

Sensing she was no longer alone, she raised her head toward where he stood watching her.

Slowly like a skilled hunter, he walked to where she sat, eyes never leaving hers as he did.

"Ya know we all know you and Jeannie spike the cider and coffee each year."

A shrug and, "Hmm," his only response from her.

"Blue Boy still has a thing fer ya too, much like most of these snot nose little bastards."

Shyly she lowered her eyes, long thick lashes fanning out over the top of regal cheeks.

"I also know yer winds and Chuck's psychic ability, manufactured Santa and his sleigh this morning."

A raised brow and enticing smile.

"Well darlin, let me tell ya something ya don't know, I know ya had my name palmed in ya dainty little hand the whole time before we drew names and it was Jeannie who slipped it to ya. Right when the two of ya were whispering about joining the fight with the half pints fer my attention."

Her head snapped up. Blue eyes doubling in size. A warm flush flooded her cheeks.

"No need ta be embarrassed darlin, on the contrary, I'm more than a little flattered that you wanted ta make sure ya picked me. Even if ya had ta cheat, just a little." he laughed.

Glad for his levity easing her tension at being caught, she too laughed, calming her nerves.

"Ya really go all out fer those ya care about don't ya Ro?"

"Why not, it's a wonderful thing to feel someone's love for you."

"Is that the reason fer the compass,...so I'll feel...yer love?"

She hung her head, no longer able to meet his intense gaze or answer with a coy reply.

Pay dirt.

He sat on the window seat with her. reaching his hand out under her chin to tilt her eyes back up to his view. He felt he was a drowning man in her pools and didn't want or need rescue.

"Logan,...I, we all hate to see you leave not knowing if you are safe and will return to us."

His gaze was so intense she tried to become one with the wall at her back.

"Did ya give me a reason to stay Ro?"

"We hope you have found a home here with us Logan."

"Did ya give me a reason to stay darlin?" he repeated, knowing she knew his meaning.

"Logan..."

Unable to wait any longer, he caught her up into his arms, holding her tightly, as his mouth captured the lips that had been teasing him for a long time. His kiss was tender, yet unmistakably demanding.

Ororo thought if she were standing she would surely be a pool of jelly on the floor right then. His kiss took all lucid rationale from her. Crazy was okay. Crazy could be good.

Coming up for air, Logan pointed up over her head. Her eyes followed his direction, as she spotted the mistletoe hanging over the window seat.

"Oh. Is that why you kissed me just now Logan?"

Answer, a raised brow and feral smile.

"Come. Walk with me Ro." he stood extending his hand to her.

He led her room to room, stopping under each sprig of mistletoe, that seemed to be hung in abundance around the mansion, to kiss her senseless. After coming full circle back to the window seat, she really needed to know what was going on.

"Logan what is happening?" she asked, with an emotion strained voice.

"I'm getting a damn good reason to stay here, darlin." he drawled.

She could no longer hold back. It was now or never. She had to risk making her heart open to the man who had just risked exposing his own. She cradled his face in her hands, "Logan, I will always give you reason to stay. I hate it when you leave. I miss you more than you can know. I...I don't want you to ever leave again."

There she said it.

Logan looked so intensely into her eyes, she felt as if her every unspoken secret and even her very soul was laid bare. But the look of emotion on his own face betrayed his own heart to her, making her want to never leave his embrace. Without words she knew the depth of his love for her and it was overwhelming in the best way.

"Ya know darlin there was one gift not given today. Didn't want ta do it in front of everyone else." He reached into his pocket, taking her hand in his, he placed a platinum unadorned band in her palm.

"Before ya get the wrong idea darlin, I know it's too soon for the one I want ya ta wear forever, this is just a promise ta ya. Ya've brought my life full circle Ro. I feel as if it has started with ya, so until the time is right hopefully fer our forever, would ya be willing to wear this?"

Ororo looked at the band and saw the small writing inside. (O.M. the only one to do the impossible). Not understanding its meaning her eyes silently questioned him.

"It means yer the only one that has ever made me have a real feeling fer living and wanting to stay that way in one place. And if we have days beyond now, each and every Christmas I''ll give ya another reason why ya have done the impossible." he said, his own voice cracking with unspeakable emotion.

"Oh Logan, yes, yes!" For once she released the reserved emotion so tightly held in check. She threw her arms around his neck and kissed him with all that she had been unable to do in her life. He returned the same to her till their inner beings were scorched with the imprint of the other.

Two sets of eyes peered through the staircase railing at the destined couple.

"Ya see, I tol ya da wind is howlin' so madly cuz she said yes."

"Yeah, but he had no choice but to do it, I mean look at her, she's freakin' gorgeous and sh.. I mean stuff. And not to mention there was no way he was going to ever leave here with that designer bag thrown over his shoulder, making him look like a total wuss."

"Gal, ya may be good at shoppin', but yah so missing da point. Dat was da point. Dat he would nevah be able ta leave carryin' dat frilly bag and we all know he would nevah do anything ta hurt Ms. Munroes feelins'. So I guess our lil' family is gonna stay intact. This is truly da best Christmas evah."

"And God bless us everyone." she giggled, as her companions finger reached out to pop the large bubble gum bubble she was blowing.




Chapter End Notes:
My late Christmas drabble is over, please review.



You must login () to review.