Author's Chapter Notes:
Just checked, I still don't own and they aint selling.
Three weeks had passed since they had held their Secret Santa drawing and those unfortunate few still without their gift, were becoming more and more edgy. With less than a week to go before Christmas morning, panic was the order of the day.

Scott, Remy, Rogue and Hank were in Christmas is coming hell. Neither one of them could come up with an idea as to what to get the person whose name they had drawn.

Jubilee was more than a little smug, having gotten her gift on the first day out, openly taunting Rogue that she didn't have the savvy of her trained shopping flair. Currently she was spending lots of time sleeping, resting up for the big day and when not asleep her time was spent coming up with recipes that she thought would be the most delicious, mind blowing dish on the Christmas feast menu. Little did she know, she had everyone afraid.

Remy was at a loss whether to get something extravagant or something needed for his name.

Everything Hank came up with, shopping online for his gift, was already sold out. Nervousness was making him eat a lot more.

Scott was fluctuating between a gift certificate or a coupon, being such a perfectionist it was quickly becoming the final solution to his predicament. And he really didn't care anymore.

Whenever Rogue thought she had come up with the perfect gift, she found out her name already owned it. She had entertained the idea of pulling off her glove and touching the person to put them in a coma until after the holiday, just to make her pain go away.

As soon as Logan saw whose name he had drawn, he already had his gift in mind and soon purchased, so he was able to maintain his usual confident swagger. Yet, he still seemed a bit off kilter.

Jean, Ororo and Charles, each being extremely meticulous, had purchased gifts for everyone all throughout the year, as thoughtfulness prevailed, so they were able to enjoy the season without the undue stress to spoil their moods.

The ladies had gotten the mansion decorated, with commanding orders to the guys, in record time. And it had started to snow. With a little luck it would last, without the need to call upon Storm's talents for a white Christmas.

Ororo sat comfortably ensconced in one of the living rooms large bay windows, wrapped in a blanket, unnecessarily so since she never got cold, but liked the feeling of the cozy felt, looking out at the peacefully falling snow, while sipping hot tea.

Charles sat quietly reading one of his many books of sonnets, before the blazing fireplace, also basking in the tranquility and quiet companionship of Ororo.

"If yah won't take me, I promise I will drive mahself!" Rogue yelled, coming into the no longer calm living room, stomping after Logan.

"Give it a rest girl, I aint getting dragged around a crowded damned mall waitin' on ya ta come up with a gift." he grumped.

"Why not, I'd do it for yah, yah know that too yah ol' lunkhead." she drawled.

"Grrrr, don't push it I said Marie."

"Oh no yah didn't just growl at me,...Storm did yah hear him just go all growly on me?"

Ororo hid a smile behind taking another sip of her tea.

"Logan am I to understand, our Rogue here is pulling you into a task you find not to your liking?" Charles inquired, also with a smile pulling at the corners of his mouth.

"Not gonna happen Chuck."

"Like I said, why not. I bet I know yah not done with yah shopping either!" Rogue griped, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at him in defiance.

Logan opened his mouth to speak but uncharacteristically shut it without a word said.

Charles raised two fingers to his temple as he observed the situation unfolding in the room.

"Good god people, what is all the shouting about," Hank said, coming into the room from the kitchen holding a dagwood sandwich, "am I to understand the world is coming to an end from the uproar pervading the house!"

"That seems quite possible, if our young Rogue doesn't get her way from Wolverine." Charles said, still very amused by the situation.

"Mind yer own damned business fur ball."

"My boy, please do not go there, your hair is almost as abundant as my fur, so do keep a civil tongue."

"Civil this." he slid forth the middle claw from one hand.

"Logan!" Ororo spoke for the first time.

Still fuming, he slid it back in slowly, but not before raising his hand and using the blunt side to scratch his nose, while deep eying Hank.

"Yah see, I knew Storm could get yah ta understand reason." Rogue was happy to say.

"Who is Storm reasoning with now?" said Scott as he and Remy came in, followed by Jean. They had just completed running tests in the danger room.

Charles spoke up once again, "It would appear our dear Storm has a calming affect on our Wolverine, she alone being able to bring him into amiable compliance."

"Charles."

"Oh do hush Ororo, Charles here is only calling it as we all see it." surprisingly Hank spoke up.

Jean asked, "What has brought on all the strife?"

"The kid here aint done shopping." said Logan.

"I promise you your appalling use of the language will someday make my ears bleed." Hank said to Logan.

"Go ta hell blue boy."

"Well if you're heading to da mall, Remy go wit you, he not done either mon amis."

Giving in with a roll of his eyes behind his visor, Scott reluctantly caved, "I guess I could also use one more mall crawl to," he cleared his throat, "finish up my shopping."

Jean smiled and mouthed behind his back, 'he has nothing done.'

This time Ororo outright giggled, while the professor turned his head to the fire, trying to cover his laugh with coughing.

Jovially Hank joined in, not to be left out, "Well if you are all headed out together, I believe I will tag along. Let me just get my image inducer." He passed Logan allowing a low growl to pass his lips, that only Logan could hear.

Logan chose to ignore him, instead he focused on all the licensed drivers Rogue now had at her disposal. "There Marie, problem solved, any one of them can drive ya ta the mall."

"Yeah, but they aint yah." Rogue hung her head and sniffed. Wise enough to know the use of her feminine wiles would not be lost on him.

Logan melted, he turned on his heels and yelled, while exiting the room, heading for the garage, "Anybody that aint got their ass planted in a seat in three minutes can stay here, and we won't be all damned day!"

Four sets of feet made a hasty following after the short tempered feral. Leaving Charles, Ororo and Jean holding their sides in convulsive laughter.










Chapter End Notes:
same as always, oh yeah only one chapter till done.



You must login () to review.