Storm woke up from another nightmare. It was about Sabretooth again. She just couldn't get his face out of her head. There was a knock on her door, and she looked up to see Logan there. "You okay, 'Ro?" He asked.

"Yeah," she said, nodding her head. "I'm fine Logan."

Logan just stood there, not believing her one bit. She sighed then shook her head. "No."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"I-"

"Guys," a girl called from the hallway, Logan turned and Storm grabbed her robe and got up to see who it was. It was one of the new students, Hawk. She stopped when she saw Storm. "Okay," she said, a little awkwardly. "Don't know what's going on, don't want to find out, sorry for interrupting anything, but you guys have got to see this."

From the pace she spoke at the beginning and the way she slowed down told Storm that it was important. She led them to one of the common and saw that there was a news reporter on the screen, then she saw the head line.

VICTOR CREED ESCAPES FROM PRISON

Storm gasped and automatically looked away. Hawk saw the reaction and knew this wasn't something to get into. "I'll leave you two." She said before turning to the group of students. "Alright, guys, you saw the news now go to bed now before Storm and Logan make you."

Then she turned back to the others with a sweet innocent look on her face. "Night."

All of the students piled out of the room. Leaving Storm and Logan alone.

X

Logan couldn't believe the news report, and by the way Storm paled, neither did she. She looked as if she was going to faint, so he reached out to steady her. "I'm fine, Logan," she said, but her knees buckled under her, so he lead her to one of the chairs. She sat down and sighed.

"Alright, 'Ro," Logan said when he couldn't stand the silence any longer. "What's wrong?"

"Sabretooth," she said. "It seems that not even the authorities are able to subdue him."

"Is he still haunting you in your nightmares?"

Hawk appeared. "Hey," she said. "I can't sleep because someone's head is being tortured by something..." she looked briefly at Storm and just flicked a glance over at Logan, the two likely suspects. "So if you guys can like go to bed and sleep it off, that would be great."

They both knew she wasn't trying to be rude, but with Sabretooth on the loose, this was probably the final night of peaceful sleep she would have for awhile. The adults complied and went to their rooms. Logan stole one more glance at Storm as she walked away, before being reprimanded by Hawk. As he went into his bed, he tried to forget the haunted look that Storm had on her face.





You must login () to review.