Hawk was in one of the common rooms, by herself with Isis. Isis' wounds were finally healed, but she still had to take it easy. She looked out into the hall, and saw Storm there. She paused for a moment, but continued on. This reminded Hawk of what she needed to talk to Isis about. When she was sure Storm was out of earshot, she turned back to Isis. "Ok Isis, what the heck is going on?" She gave her a hard stare, which usually made Isis put her head down in surrender. Isis just looked away this time. "Don't even think about tellin' me you don't know because I know you do."

Hawk, I don't know what you're talking about, Isis said evenly. Even if I did, I probably wouldn't tell you.

"Isis, come on. Storm is acting strange and I want to know what it is. Does it have anything to do with Sabretooth?"

Just drop it, Hawk.

"Isis-"

For the first time in either of their lives, Isis did the strangest thing ever. She actually snarled at Hawk.

Hawk, I said drop it.

"But-"

Isis snapped her jaws- staying in her position- growling and baring her teeth. Just drop it.

Hawk slumped back into the chair in shock. Isis just walked out of the room. What just happened? Hawk thought. Isis has never done that in all the time she has known her. What has gotten into both of them?

X

Logan was in the kitchen, drinking a beer, when he saw Storm. She was heading outside, looked like to Jeans grave. An old pain started in his heart. He thought about going out there with her, but knew that probably wouldn't be a good idea in her state. He waited until she disappeared from sight, then went out back. He made sure to stay behind Storm's back, and far enough away that she didn't feel him coming. Although she probably wouldn't notice him. He went into the trees, and stayed in shadows.

X

Storm walked outside and into the memorial garden. She looked around, to make sure no one was following her, then sat down next to Jean's grave. There was a sudden breeze and Storm looked up to see a beautiful woman with blood-red hair. "Jean," she whispered.

X

Logan felt the breeze, but didn't think much of it until his keen senses heard Storm's whisper. He took his eyes off of her, and looked up to see nothing there. Who was she talking to?

X

Jean nodded, to Storm and came over to sit next to her. "What's wrong Storm?"

"Don't you know already? You're dead, and your telepathic."

Jean shrugged. "I might, but you know that it's better to talk about things. So, what's going on?"

"Sabretooth."

"Ah," Jean said looking at into the distance. "I really don't want to know the details."

"Good, because I don't want to talk about them."

There was a silence between them for a moment. "Remember when I thought I killed the Professor?"

Storm nodded. That was when they had a final battle against Magneto and they thought he had lost his powers. Back when everything had changed.

"I felt so guilty, I thought I was going to tear everything apart."

"Glad you didn't. Both Logan and I were in there."

"I know."

They both shared a laugh.

"Why are you out here, Storm?" Jean asked gently.

"Did you see what happened the last time I went on a mission? I totally froze. And then the Danger Room, I thought it was actually him."

"That's perfectly normal in cases like this," Jean said.

"Please, don't go all doctor on me."

There was a small whimper. Both women turned to see Isis walk over. "Can she see you?" Storm asked.

Jean nodded. "Just you and her though. Not everyone can see me."

"Except Wicked."

"True. But she didn't call me up. I came on my own accord."

Isis came over and laid her head on Storm's lap. She whimpered a little more. "Can you understand her?"

Jean nodded. "She's says that she doesn't know how much longer she can keep this quiet. Hawk's suspicious and she's about to barge in full throttle."

"Great," Storm muttered. "She's always trying to get to the bottom of things, even when it's not her business. I getting really tired of that."

"Are you going to go back inside?"

"No, my old childish claustrophobia is starting to catch on, even when I'm not in tight spaces. I just need to get out of there."

X

Logan watched as Storm talked. All he could see though, was a blurry red haze. Storm might've been talking to Jean after all. Now, his old primal urges about Jean were starting to kick in. "Please," Storm said suddenly. "Don't go."

What, Logan thought, No! Jean, don't go.

Logan sometimes would think that Jean was still alive sometimes. And when he felt like that, he just wished that it would stop, because he would be reminded about how he was forced to kill her.

X

"Do you know when I'll be healed completely?" Storm asked, stroking Isis' soft fur. "Even after three weeks, it still feels like the pain is still there, and it feels too real to be in my head."

"No one, knows, Storm," Jean replied sympathetically. "It's going to take time. But, there are also some things that time cannot erase. It will stay with you no matter how hard you try to forget it." She looked up in the distance. "I have to go now."

"Please, don't go."

"I have to Storm. But, if you come back here around sunset, then you'll be able to meet me again."

"Ok," Storm said, getting up. She turned back to the mansion with Isis, and walked back inside.

X

Logan watched as she went back inside. He waited a moment then followed her. Suddenly, before he could three feet across, Jean appeared in front of him. "Jean!" He exclaimed, stumbling back. Jean was angry, he saw that through her eyes.

"What are you doing here, Logan?" she demanded. "Were you spying on Storm?"

He sighed, Jean had caught him red-handed. "Yes."

"Why? I don't think she wanted to be disturbed in her time of crises."

"Because I want to know what's going on with her. She's been acting so weird lately."

"Maybe she just needs time. She'll tell you eventually. You're lucky I lied to her and told her that only she and Isis can see me- I hate doing that to her. You're the only other person who can see me."

"But all I saw when you and Storm were talking was a red haze."

"I have to be near you for you to see me."

With that, she was gone.

X

"So what song do you guys want to do this time?" Hawk asked Ali and Rogue. After her little incident with Isis, she decided to come up with something for Karaoke night, to keep her mind from the mysterious behaviors. "Do you guys want to stick to the Evanescence streak?"

"Yeah," Ali said. "I really wanted to do at least two more songs before switching to something else."

"Alright, then-" The kitchen door opened and Storm walked in. The girls stopped talking. They didn't like to spoil their songs. Storm just walked by, without even sparing them a glance. A couple of minutes later, Logan walked in. He gave the girls a brief glance then continued on. The girls looked at each other and shrugged. They were used to the adults acting weird by now.

X

The next few days, Storm went out to see Jean and Logan followed. He couldn't help it, Jean was so captivating. Back when he was forced to kill her, she'd had this resonating light coming from her, not as Phoenix, but as Jean. He'd wished he hadn't done it, but he also had no choice. Things were getting out of hand, and Jean had to be stopped. Now, he just wished she was here again. Storm got up, and Jean faded. He sighed, tomorrow he would be able to come back.

X

It was a nice day.

There was nothing but children's laughter.

Suddenly, the sky grew dark... and the children's laughter died.

Storm was in some sort of wooded area. Nothing but trees on every side.

Sabretooth's face appeared in front of her...just centimeters away...

X

Storm bolted up in a cold sweat. Sabretooth had been haunting even the most pleasant dreams she had; just gone in an instant just like that. Sometimes, she even heard his voice during the day, and all that did was make her more wary of everyone else around her. Again, the pain came back, not seeming to heal, even after three weeks. Feeling all too real for it to be in her head. Why couldn't time erase the events of that day?

X

Storm went out again, Jean was standing by their usual spot. "Did you sleep at all last night?"

"A little."

"Storm, you're going to have to forget about what happened with him."

"You don't think I've tried."

"Not what I meant. I mean you're going to have to open up to someone else. I'm just a figment of your imagination."

"I know."

Suddenly, a twig snapped. "Shoot!" a voice whispered behind them. Storm whirled around to see Hawk ducking behind a bush. She turned back to Jean, but she was already gone.

X

Logan saw Storm turn around and then things got a little ugly between the two. He turned away to leave, but Jean appeared in front of him. "You need to quit doing this," she said. "Storm is going to find out through Hawk, and there's nothing I can do to stop it."

Logan turned back around, Hawk was starting to leave. Time to face the music...

X

Storm whirled on Hawk. "What are you doing here?"

"Whoa!" Hawk said, raising her hands defensively. "Take it easy, Storm. You've been coming out here at sunset at the same time for the past couple of days. It's like Charlie Saint Cloud all over again."

"What's that?"

"Another movie. Didn't watch the full thing because I wasn't really interested in it, but I do know that this event happened. Now what's going on?"

"It's nothing that concerns you."

"Is it Jean?"

"How do you know this?"

"I read your mind. And you just told me."

"Hawk-"

"Look, it's not my fault, okay? Besides, you're either hallucinating, or you really did see her. I'm goin' for the latter. And if you really did see her, you seriously need someone to talk to. It looks like your crazy talking to night air. You're all alone out here."

"No, I'm not. Jean is here."

"Jean is in you're heart, Storm. You see her as a comfort, as someone to talk to; like a kid with an imaginary friend." Hawk looked at her for a moment. "Just talk to me."

"This has nothing to do with you, Hawk. This is my solitude."

"Sure, I'm sure Logan knows all about it then, doesn't he?"

"Logan?" Storm asked. She looked genuinely shocked. "He's here too?"

"What? You didn't know? Wow, that's a first."

"What does that mean?"

"Oh, this is goin' to be juicy gossip for awhile. Logan's been coming out here after you since the first time you came out here. So if you want to go blame me for sneaking out here, go out on Logan first. Then use your spare energy on me." With that she started to go back inside. Then she paused and turned back to Storm. "You know, I used to think that you would tell me everything; now, I'm not sure who you are anymore. It's like I don't even know you."

X

Storm was shocked at her words. Guilt started to press on her throat, as tears came welling up. "I guess she told'ya," a voice said behind her. She turned to see Logan in the shadows of the trees.

"What are you doing here, Logan?"

"I came here to see Jean."

"I wish I knew, that way I could let you have your time."

"Not... in that way, Storm," Logan said.

"Then-" Storm cut herself off when she realized what he meant. "She told me that I was the only that could see her," she whispered. Now, the tears started to flow freely. Logan came over and started to wipe away the tears on her face.

"Karaoke night's about to start," Logan said,

X

You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

This time, Storm didn't leave. In fact, she stayed throughout the entire show.

You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me





You must login () to review.