IIsis woke Hawk up early the next morning. "Go away, Isis," Hawk groaned, turning her head to the other side. Isis sat down and barked once. Hawk flinched and turned to face her. "What?"

The Professor wants to see you in the debriefing room, Isis replied.

Hawk looked at her clock on her iPod, then turned back to Isis. "Isis, it's five am. What on earth could be so important this early?"

Isis gave a wolf shrug, then walked out of the room. Hawk got up, making a sound in the back of her throat as she grabbed her robe. "This had better be good, or someone's gonna die."

X

Storm and Logan were already down there when Hawk came in. "Please, don't tell me there's been activity from Magneto," Hawk said, coming in and getting a warning look from Storm. "Sorry, didn't exactly get my beauty sleep."

Storm rolled her eyes, then turned back to Charles. Logan snickered. "Thank you for joining us Hawk," Charles said. "As I was saying, Magneto's attacked another warehouse."

"Don't tell me it's in another wooded area," Hawk interrupted. Storm shot her a glare, and she knew that if she interrupted again, she wasn't going. "Sorry."

"No, it's not," Charles said, icily calm. Apparently Storm wasn't the only one annoyed with Hawk's grouchiness. "It's near the city. Storm, you lead; Logan, you watch her back; Hawk, do what you must. I don't want repeats from last time."

Storm was about to say she could take care of herself, when Hawk smirked. Looks like it's becoming more and more obvious, she said telepathically.

Shut up, Storm replied.

Hawk looked away, a smile still crossing her lips.

"I want you ready in ten minutes," Charles finished.

"Can I bring a pillow?" Hawk asked, when she was sure he was finished.

Charles nodded to Storm, letting her know that it was her call. "Yes, Hawk," she said. "You can bring a pillow- and your iPod to."

"Yes!"

X

On the plane, Logan was in the co-pilot seat, Hawk was in the navigator's chair, asleep, and Storm in the pilot's seat. After stabilizing the jet, Storm sighed and checked the systems. There was a silence between the two. Logan broke it when it was too unbearable. "Storm, I know it's not really my business, but we really need to talk about it. What happened last month?"

Storm sighed. "Nothing. Nothing important."

"Give me a break, Storm," Hawk muttered, half-awake. After that she drifted back to sleep.

"Meet me in the back," Logan said, getting up once he was sure Hawk was out again. Storm sighed and flipped the switch to auto-pilot.

When she got back there, Logan confronted her head-on. "C'mon, Storm, what happened?"

"Nothing happened," Storm said sharply. Although, she never did look at him; she evaded his gaze. "It doesn't concern you or Hawk. Why do you care anyway? You've never cared about anyone, except Jean."

"Storm, this is gettin' old fast," Logan said, dangerously calm. "What-"

"Nothing."

Logan grabbed her shoulders, and pinned her to the wall. "Look at me in the eye and say that," Logan said.

Storm tried to look away, Logan wouldn't let her. When he locked her eyes with his, it felt like he was going through open doors into her core- where she's felt numb since the attack. When the attack happened, it felt as if Sabretooth had taken her soul with him. Since then, she had always felt cold when she slept, or when she looked at another man. That's the way she felt now. Cold.

Her senses started to become overwhelmed with images, smells, that she had since wanted to forget. She looked away, and looked up again, to see him standing there. How did he get in here? She started to look around frantically for an escape route. Nothing. She couldn't use her powers because she could cause the jet to malfunction, plus, he had her arms pinned. Tears started to sting her eyes. "Please..." she whimpered. "Please...don't..."

X

Storm's eyes suddenly became glazed with fear as she began to look around frantically. Logan was confused. Why was Storm acting this way? Then tears started coming down her cheeks. "Please..." she whimpered. "Please...don't..."

Logan loosened his grip a little on her. He noticed the air wasn't charged like it usually would be. "Don't do what?" he asked. When she didn't respond, he tried again. "Storm." She snapped out of it, so he repeated his question. "Don't do what?"

"N-nothing," she stammered. Logan was about to tell her that she wasn't about to get off that easy, when there was a beeping from the cockpit. Saved by the bell, he thought, as he let her pass by.

X

"Alright, Hawk," Logan said as they got out of the jet. "Where's metal head?"

"Logan," Hawk said, "if you do not wished to get Bar-Be-Qued, I'd suggest that you not treat me like a metal detector." She paused and pointed at the warehouse closest to them. "He's in there."

They walked in cautiously. Reminds me of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Hawk thought, remembering the warehouse at the beginning of the Indiana Jones movie. The reached the center and looked around. Hawk's danger sense suddenly went off, but it was too late to warn the others. By then, Sabretooth, Mystique and Toad were surrounding them. Magneto appeared above them. "Welcome my brothers."

"Cut the crud, Magneto," Hawk said, irritably. "What do you want?"

"I don't want anything," Magneto replied. "It's what you want."

"What the heck does that mean?"

Magneto nodded his head, almost imperceptibly. Mystique started to attack Logan, but Storm intercepted her with a lightning bolt. Logan went for Sabretooth, leaving Toad for Hawk. She gave him a sinister smile. "Oh, I've been wantin' to do this." She shifted into Hermione, and lifted her wand. "Locomotor Mortis!"

Suddenly, Toad's legs were straight instead of bent, and adjacent from each other. Toad tried to leap, but could only bend his knees together and bunny-hop it. Hawk started to crack up. "Can't get very far now, can you Toad?"

"What are you laughing at?" Logan asked coming up behind her. Hawk, still giggling, pointed to Toad. He was trying to jump, but he only got a few centimeters. Logan shook his head amusingly. "What did you do to him?"

" Leg-Locker Curse. I've been waitin' to do that for a long time. I've got to film this," Hawk said, reaching into her robes, and finding her cell phone. She pressed a couple of buttons and started the clip. "The girls are going to love this."

"What are you two up to?" Storm asked.

Hawk stopped recording, and pointed to Toad. Storm gave her a bemused look. "Reverse the spell, Hawk."

"Oh, come on, Storm!" Hawk exclaimed. "You can't tell me that this isn't funny."

"Hawk," Storm said quirking an eyebrow.

"I don't know the undoing spell," Hawk said innocently.

"Hawk," Storm said a little more sternly.

"Ok, ok," Hawk grumbled, shifting into her normal self. The spell wore off almost instantly. Hawk turned back to Storm. "Happy now?" She did a mock-pout. "You ruin my fun."

"You'll get over it."

"So what happened to your guys?"

"Sabretooth disappeared, so I went to help out with Mystique."

"Which I was doing just fine on my own with, thank you," Storm said tartly.

"Whoa, guys," Hawk said, holding up her hands. "You two can have a lover's quarrel later."

They both shot her a dirty looks. "What?" she asked.

They both shook their heads and continued on ahead. Hawk turned around to see Toad still on the ground. Hawk re-did the spell, and his legs bounded themselves back together. "Just to keep ya busy," Hawk said before running off to catch up with the others.

X

Hawk was still looking for her teammates, when there was a loud crash. Following the sound, she found Logan getting up from a cracked crate."He knocked you away again?"

Logan glared at her, then turned back to Sabretooth. Storm was in his grasp now, pinned up against a crate. "If anyone needs the full Body-Bind Curse, it's him," Hawk growled. "Petrificus Totalus!" Sabretooth's arms and legs suddenly snapped together. "Wingardium Leviosa." Then, Sabretooth started to float up into the air like he did two weeks ago.

Hawk rushed to Storm. "Are you okay?" Storm nodded hesitantly. Hawk was going to talk to her about that later. They all walked toward the back. Hawk stopped abruptly. "Okay, I'm gettin' tired of not knowin' if I'm in danger or not." She shifted into her normal self, then back into Hermione. "Yup. Dead ahead."

They stepped out from behind the crates and into the open. Suddenly, Sabretooth jumped out of nowhere. Storm and Hawk both took a reflexive step back. "I thought you put a spell on him," Storm muttered to Hawk.

"I did," Hawk replied. "It must've worn off. But- oh shoot."

"What?"

"Remember when I shifted into my normal self? I forgot that when I did that, the spell wheres off automatically."

Toad jumped down from the crate behind them, and Mystique came out from another direction. Then the fight began.

Hawk didn't know what happened behind her, and didn't really care at the moment. She focused on Toad. He shot some green spit at her, which she evaded using her TK. Then he tried to grab her with his tongue. Exactly what she was waiting for. She raised up her hand, stopping the tongue dead with telekinesis, and then danced her fingers around in the air. Toad's tongue started to wrap and loop around his body; tying up his arms and legs. Then she levitated him into the air. When he reached the pipe, Hawk knotted it around the pipe, leaving him to dangle. "Try getting out of that."

X

While Mystique went for Logan, Sabretooth went for Storm. She struck him once with a lightning bolt, but that didn't stall him long. He got up and lunged at her- too fast for her to comprehend- knocking the wind out of her.

She tried to summon another lightning bolt, but she didn't have her breath back, and probably never would since Sabretooth started to choke her. Emotions started to overwhelm her and she started to have flashbacks of the attack.

X

Hawk turned to see Sabretooth strangling Storm. Before she could do anything though, her telepathy went on override, and she started to feel Storm's emotions and see what was going on in her mind.

Fear...pain...shame?
Foul breath- Hawk wanted to barf at the stench- warm blood dripping from her shoulder...
Whimpers- her own no doubt- and cries of pain... cruel sinister laughter... growls of enjoyment...
Amber eyes staring into her hazel- no brown eyes...gleaming teeth...

Hawk gasped as she opened her eyes. "Aw, heck no." She had hoped that this wasn't real; but she knew it was. "So that's why she has PTSD." She had known that all of Storm's symptoms had led to this, she just didn't want to believe it.

"Sabretooth!" Hawk called. "Wanna stop pickin' on Storm and try me for a change? Or are you too much of a fraidy cat?"

Storm looked at her, her eyes wide with shock and fear for her safety. 'Don't,' she lipped.

Hawk gave her a hard, determined look. I have to, she said with her eyes. Don't worry, I'll be fine. She looked at Sabretooth. "Here, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty."

X

Storm looked at Hawk, pleading with her eyes for Hawk to stop. Spots started to dance across her vision from lack of oxygen. Storm knew the risks of fighting Sabretooth; Hawk didn't stand a chance; she was smaller than Storm, and Storm knew that he would crush her almost instantly. Hawk ignored her though, and took Sabretooth on anyway. Before things could get started though, Storm blacked out.

X

Sabretooth looked into the witch's eyes. If he hadn't had a hand on her throat, she would probably be begging for mercy. When the kid called him, he accepted her challenge automatically. Maybe he could teach her a few things about respect.

He took one last look at the Goddess, whose gurgling had died, and watched as her eyes closed and her head lolled to the side.

X

It all started off as a stare-down. Then, Sabretooth lunged at Hawk. Hawk automatically tried to twist out of his grasp, but he still knocked her down. Then, he flipped her over and got on top of her. Oh, you are not gonna try this with me, she thought. His hands were locked with hers, trying to keep them under control until he could put both of them in one of his hands, while she struggled under him. Hawk's hands suddenly burst into flames. Sabretooth roared in pain, and she took this opportunity to kick- with the help of her TK- him off of her. She quickly got to her feet as he landed. "Think you can hold me down like you did, Storm?" she said darkly, flicking her palms and getting two fireballs in each one. "Think again."

X

Logan had just finished with Mystique when he turned to see Hawk fighting Sabretooth. She first threw a series of fireballs at him, one from each palm; but, he managed to dodge those easily. Then, she just shot burning flames at him, which were hard to dodge, since she had her wrists clamped together and had her hands opened like a dragon that was breathing fire. "This is for Isis!"

When Logan turned and saw Storm on her side, discarded like a ragged doll, he automatically unsheathed his claws. "Logan, don't even think about it!" Hawk called without turning to look at him.

X

Hawk was actually having fun chasing Sabretooth around with a blaze on his tail. Than she heard the SNIKT, of claws, and knew Logan was about to interfere with her fun. "Logan, don't even think about it!" she called over her shoulder, without even looking at him.

Sabretooth, obviously thinking she was a little distracted, came up on her left side, but she broke her wrists apart, and shot some flames from her left hand his direction, scorching him. Then, she telekinetically lifted him into the air, and tossed him to the other side of the building.

X

Logan watched as a flaming Sabretooth was thrown to the other side of the building. Then he turned to Hawk, who was kneeling beside Storm. "Where's Toad?"

"He's a little tongue-tied right now," she replied, pointing up with her index finger. "Look up."

Logan looked up to see Toad struggling to get down- or at least, get his tongue un-knotted. "You're cruel, Hawk."

"Logan," Hawk said, her voice thick with worry. Logan knelt down next to her. "We've got a problem." She looked at him. "She's not breathing, and I can't find a pulse."

"Are ya sure?"

"Yes!" Hawk flashed. "I've tried her neck; I've tried her wrist... nothin'."

Logan felt Storm's neck and wrist. She was right, nothing.

"You've gotta do CPR on her," Hawk said, suddenly getting up.

"What?"

"You're gonna have to do CPR on her; 'cause, one I'm not licensed on this; two, I've only seen it done on television shows- so that's not really helpful- and three I've got to deal with Magneto. And don't even think about arguing this one with me. You know Magneto would literally tear you apart." With that she left.

Logan growled, but knew she was right. He looked back at Storm and slowly stroked her cheek. For some unknown reason, he whispered three words, "Don't leave me." Then he started to give her CPR, starting with mouth-to-mouth.

X

Hawk shape-shifted into Mara Jade, then grabbed the lightsaber at her side. "Hey! Metal-head! Come out and fight!"

Magneto did obligingly. He came out from a set of crates across from her. "You can't be the one they call 'Hawk', can you?"

"Oh shut it," Hawk said darkly. She ignited the lightsaber, getting into an Ataru opening stance. Magneto tried to snatch the lightsaber from her, but Hawk had a telekinetic grip on it. Eventually, though, it was snatched out of her hands.

"Interesting weapon."

"Be careful," Hawk said, mock-sweetly. "One wrong move, and you could be decapitated. Lightsabers can be extremely dangerous ya know." She looked behind Magneto to see a bunch of empty crates behind him.

"How so, my dear?"

"Don't call me dear," Hawk said, her voice dropping into an icy tone. The pile started to tip steadily, but slowly.

"Then what should I call you?"

"As of right now, Mara would be just fine." The pile stopped tipping, held up only by Hawk's telekinesis.

"Fine, Mara. What is it that you want?"

"Oh, don't play that game. You're the one who brought us here in the first place. What do you want?"

"As I said when you first came in, it's not what I want, it's what you want."

"I'm a little tired of your games." With that, she let the pile of crates topple on top of him. "I'll take that." Hawk snatched the saber right out of his hands a millisecond before the crates touched him. Then she watched in bemusement as the crates squashed Magneto. "You really need to catch up on sci-fi novels," she said. "Or at least on tactics." The move she had just pulled off was similar to the second book in the Thrawn trilogy, Dark Force Rising by Timothy Zahn. Except, Mara had to topple some sort of plastic shielding and then shoot the guy before he shot her.

Hawk spun on her heel and went back to Logan.

X

Storm was in total darkness. A darkness that she could not escape. She didn't know what was going on, or if this was real. Is this a dream? Or have I really become nothing?

Suddenly, she was shot back into reality, with someone calling her name. She felt strong hands pumping her chest, and somehow knew it was Logan. Air was rushed into her lungs, and she began to cough.

X

"C'mon, 'Ro," Logan said, a little frustrated. "You can't just leave me behind. I need ya; Hawk-especially Hawk- needs ya. Just wake up, Storm." Logan was probably on his fifth try when Storm started coughing. "Logan?" she asked hoarsely.

"Storm," Logan breathed, relieved. There was a sudden crash behind them. Logan just hoped that Hawk was the one who caused it and wasn't in it.

"What-what was that?" Storm stuttered. Obviously she was still somewhat oxygen deprived, since she still was gasping for air and coughing.

"Nothin', darlin'," Logan assured her. "Just Hawk up to her old tricks."

"I heard that," Hawk said coming up behind them. When Logan looked at her, he saw a tall beautiful red-headed woman, with an intense emerald green gaze. For a moment, Logan thought he was looking at Jean. Then realized that her hair was all wrong. Jean's had been blood-red, not reddish-gold. Hawk shifted back into her normal self, with tan skin, dirty-blond hair that was almost brown, and hazel eyes. "Sorry, Logan, but Mara's married."

"What?"

"Never mind." Hawk looked down at Storm. "Good, you managed to revive Storm. Now can we go before Kitty-cat over there recovers from his burns?"

Logan nodded and helped Storm to her feet. Then they all walked back to the jet.





You must login () to review.