Hawk was testing the pressure on the bars. Nothing. "If I had a lightsaber with me, I could easily cut through these bars," Hawk muttered. Then a thought struck her. "Hey, Dazzler!"

"What is it, Hawk?" Dazzler asked curiously.

"Got any rechargeable batteries on you?"

"No. Sorry, why do you need them?"

"Sulfuric acid. Melts through the bars and then we could break outta here."

"Wish I brought my CD player."

Hawk sighed. Suddenly, there was a loud clank something metallic hit the the ground. Hawk looked next to her and saw her proto-type on the concrete. She looked at it puzzled for a moment. Then got up from the floor, and looked out the window. "Sky?" Sky landed near the window above them. Something dropped from her beak, and Hawk caught it into her hand. Topaz. Hawk looked up. "How did you get this?"

Does it matter? You guys have to get out of here.

"You're right. But I'll talk to you about it later."

Sky flew off and Hawk ignited the saber. "Where did you get that?" Storm asked.

Hawk had a guilty look on her face. "Uh... I've been tinkering around with it and trying to create a real one. Technology isn't around yet, but it's amazing what you can do when you read a little."

She easily cut through the bars and slipped out, and cut through everyone else's. Then they slipped through the entrance doors. Unfortunately, there was an alarm set to the door. As they opened it, there was the sound of sirens, and everyone bolted. "They're escaping!" Bill cried.

"Come on!" Rogue cried.

They were almost to the door, when Storm stumbled and fell. "Storm!" Hawk cried, turning around to grab her.

"Go! They don't want you, they want me. Go!"

"Storm-"

"Hawk, come on," Kai cried, grabbing her arm.





You must login () to review.