Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey! two updates in one month? Woah! This one is short though. I might be wrapping this up in a few more chapters. Please review guys. Reviews keep my going.
The air was heavy, but Yukio didn’t even notice. She was used to the smog and the noise and the inability to see the stars even this late in the noise. Music pulsed and mixed together from various clubs forming a sort of indescribable beat, a remix of all of the songs around them with the laughter and yelling and the sound of car horns all around them. Both women blended in easily with their surroundings, which was extremely satisfactory. They were able to spend hours, undisturbed, as they moved from club to club and danced until early morning.

They fell into her bed together shortly after sunrise and the tiny woman reached behind her to pull Ororo close against her back and draped her friends arm around her waist. Ororo was used to curling up with Yukio, and falling into old patterns was easy with her. Yukio felt Ororo move her hair and rest her chin on top on her head, and the tiny Asian wrapped her fingers around her hand. They lay in silence for a long moment before Yukio finally spoke, breaking the silence with a whisper.

“I’ve missed you.”

Ororo turned her head and pressed a kiss to the top of Yukio’s head. “And I you, my Yukio.”

Ororo’s voice husky, and it was obvious to Yukio that she was almost asleep. “Hey, Ororo,” she whispered quietly, quickly before the weather witch could fall into a deep sleep. “Do you love Logan?”

There was a moment of silence, and Yukio was afraid that Ororo may have fallen asleep already. She closed her own eyes, ready to fall sleep herself.

“Of course I do, now go to sleep, Yukio.”

She smiled into her pillow before letting sleep claim her.

*****


The door slammed a while later and Yukio squinted through sleep towards Logan as he moved about in her flat. He was bored is his quick jerky movements were any indication. She pulled the sheet closer around her, before lifting her head to glance over her shoulder at Ororo. She was still fast asleep, even with the door slamming shut, and Yukio felt a surge of guilt. When was the last time Ororo had gotten a good amount of sleep? She frowned at the thought, and reached out to pull the covers over the African goddess. She knew the Ororo didn’t need it, but she should have taken better care of Ororo. She should have put Ororo to bed rather than dragging her out at all hours of the night.

Yukio freed herself from the prison the bed sheets have created around her before she got up. She caught Logan’s eye and pressed her index finger to her lips before she stepped down from the raised floor of her bed and disappeared into the bathroom. She had left her clothes there from the night before, and Yukio changed out of her skirt and blouse and into the oversized t-shirt she had been sleeping in before Ororo had arrived. She stepped out a moment later and found Logan in the small nook that was her kitchen. She went to join in in the tiny room and climbed up to sit on top of her counters.

Both of them set in a calm quiet while Logan nursed his beer, dark eyes focused on Ororo on the other side of the apartment. He was able to feel Yukio’s eyes on him, but at the moment, that wasn’t important. Ororo had looked like shit earlier, so he was relieved to see that she was finally getting some rest. He could understand why Yukio had taken Ororo out. She had a habit of occasionally wallowing in self-doubt, and Yukio had been able to provide the perfect distraction by taking her out into the city.

“How long has she been sleeping?”

Yukio glanced at the time that glared in green lights from her microwave before turning her attention towards Logan for only a moment before she turned to look at the sleeping Nubian beauty. “Since sunrise.”

Logan nodded absently. She’s been asleep been asleep for ten hours already, and though Logan knew he should wake her up, anything more than ten hours would mess up her sleeping cycle, he couldn’t bring himself to do so. Besides, who knew how much sleep she had been able to get in Africa. The Canadian turned his focus on Yukio now. “How was she?”

“Heartbroken,” Yukio answered honestly before she twisted her body to pull open the door to her fridge. She leaned into it and reached in to remove her own bottle of beer from the middle shelf. She sat back and closed the door to her fridge and turned brown eyes towards Logan. “She’s hurt Logan, and no amount of distractions are going to fix that.”

Again, they lapsed into a silence. The last time he saw Ororo broken was after Forge, and this time was different. She had been the one to turn her back to a happy ending, instead of having the door slammed into her face. This was completely new territory for him, and he wasn’t sure how to help Ororo.

“You need to tell her you love her Logan,” she spoke in Japanese, her eyes on the sleeping woman. “Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but she needs to know.”





You must login () to review.