Author's Chapter Notes:
So, I might have figured out where this is going. Hopefully. Input is welcome though. There really isn't any ORLO yet, but it's coming. I promise!

Oh, and I own nothing. This is just for fun.
Multiple voices cluttered the room along with the chairs and tables that filled up Harry’s. Laughter and music assaulted his ears but he paid no mind to it. The Canadian held his beer by the neck of the bottle, keeping the bottom on it a quarter of an inch above the table. Unfocused eyes seemed to stare at the mouth of the bottle. She was going to marry T’Challa. No. No she wasn’t. Ororo had simply told him that T’Challa had proposed, she hadn’t told him her answer it. And, if he were being completely honest to himself, he was afraid of that answer.

“Hey Sugah,”

He smelt her at least twenty minutes prior, but Logan hadn’t paid her any mind until the southern belle decided to plop down right in front of him. Logan regarded her silently before he raised his bottle to his mouth and took a swing. “Ya ain’t old enough ta be here, Rogue,” He told her as he took in her covered clothing. It seemed as if Rogue has finally come to terms with not being able to touch anyone, but she wasn’t wearing as many layers as she used to. He was able to see ivory flesh. He blamed the thieving swamp-rat.

“Logan, Ah turned twenty-one last August,” She laughed at him and settled back in the booth. Emerald eyes glanced towards the bar to watch Remy place their order before she focused back on Logan. Something was up and Rogue has every intention on finding out what was up with him. He’s been off for the past two days. “What’s up, Logan?

Hn. It’s June now. Rogue’s been old enough to drink for a while now, and as he thought about it, Logan recalled taking her to this bar and ordering twenty one shots for the young woman in front of him. He had to carry her home. He took another swing of his bottle and searched for Remy. He wanted to know where the other mutant was before he spoke to Rogue. Logan set the bottle back on the table. “T’Challa asked ‘Ro ta marry him,” he told his younger friend; his voice dropping a few notches as he addressed her. “She told me the other day.”

Rogue nodded as she took in the new bit of information. She knew Logan wasn’t too fond of T’Challa but the news did explain that long talks her Swamp Rat has been having with his sister. She folded her arms across the table and leaned just slightly across the table. “What a’h yah gunna do, Sug?” She was generally curious. Ororo marrying T’Challa meant losing Ororo as an X-Men. She’s see less of the other woman who often joined her in flight.

“Don’t know,” Logan told her and caught Remy looking towards them. He lifted his drink towards him and swayed it twice. He was rewarded with a nod before Remy turned around again to order Logan another long necked bottle. He focused back towards Rogue and noticed her dark eyes staring intensely at him.

“Do yah love her?”

The question took him by surprise and Logan wasn’t sure how to answer at first. He enjoyed her company and has always looked forward to spending a few stolen moments of peace with her. He’s never been afraid to go toe to toe with him and put him in his place. She bossed him around and called him on his bull shit and lies. She was beautiful and deadly. Ororo had a kindred heart and Logan often wondered how he’s managed to befriend someone so pure. He locked eyes with Rogue before he nodded his yes. “I think I do,” He told her.

That was that. Remy came to join them at the table with a bottle of beer for each of them. He decided that the two should talk. Rogue hasn’t talk to Logan in a while and Remy knew that they were close and that they had a sort of father-daughter relationship on some days while a sister-brother relationship on others. He draped an arm over Rogue and smirked at the protective look that crosses over Logan’s face before he engaged himself in the light hearted conversation.

******


What should I do? Sapphire eyes focused on the ring that set atop of her dresser. Ororo huffed and fell back atop of her bed, resting on top of her comforter. She turned her head to glance at the framed picture of her family here. Marrying T’Challa would mean leaving the team. She wouldn’t be able to be an X-Men, at least on active duty, while she took on the responsibility as Queen. She would be able to help her people. Not necessarily the people of Wakanda, but the people of Africa as a whole. There were countless of starving people in Africa. But… But the mutants needed a voice, they needed help. Her kind were still faced with difficult times. Would she be able to do both?

She twisted her body to lie on her side and stared at the picture. It was taken the previous summer out by the lake. It was a stolen moment. Kitty stood tiny and as petite as ever never to Peter, both beaming into the camera. Rogue was scolding at Remy for something and he seemed to be swooping in for a kiss. Scott and Emma stood next to each other. They both looked tense and pristine, but Ororo could tell that neither of them minded. Xavier was beaming into the camera with Hank and Kurt on either side of him. Logan was crouched on the ground, with herself leaning over his back and her arms drapes over his shoulders. She had her lips against his ear, whispering him one of their secrets. He looked carefree and a lazy smile occupied his face.

Ororo matched the lazy grin with one of her own and reached out the brush her fingertips over Logan’s body. She was happy. “Why are you avoiding me?” She spoke to the picture frame. Logan hasn’t spoken a word to him since she told him that T’Challa proposed. She hated this. He was supposed to be her friend.


Chapter End Notes:
So, I hope you guys enjoyed this bit. Please drop me a review. It'll probably keep me writing.



You must login () to review.