Author's Chapter Notes:
I think I figured out where this is going. I hope there aren't too many spelling mistakes. ENJOY!
She had fallen asleep a little past midnight the previous night because of the amount of thoughts that drifted through her head. She had woken up with the rising sun but instead of heading straight down to the kitchen, she had decided to ride the air and greet the sunshine from the sky. It wasn’t until eight o’clock that Ororo lowered herself back into her bed room through the skylights and get ready for the day.

It was less than an hour that she made her way into the kitchen. It seemed as if everyone minus the younger students were awake already. Ororo wondered if the team was so used to waking up at this hour that they did it automatically, even on the weekends. Scott and Emma stood near the coffee machine, while Remy stood at the stove with Rogue laughing at his side. Jubilee, Kitty, Peter, Hank and Kurt were at the table with Xavier. Kitty and Jubilee seemed to be talking excitedly about something and Ororo watched Rogue sit at the table to join her friends. Hank and Kurt were laughing at something while Xavier has a delightful grin on his features.

Scott nodded towards her as she took a step to the coffee machine in order to grab herself a mug and a teabag. She let the teabag drop into the mug, poured in water and but her mug into the microwave. While her tear warmed up, Ororo greeted Remy with a kiss to the check. “Good morning,” She sang and peered into the pan to watch him scramble eggs.

Remy tossed an arm over her shoulder while he tossed in a few peppers into the pan. “Bonjour, Ma soeur,” He greeted his sister and tilted his head to press a kiss to the top of her head. He rested her cheek on the top of her head and kept an eye on his scrambled eggs. Correction, Jubilee’s eggs. She managed to talk long enough to start giving him a headache and she wouldn’t shut up until he agreed. The tiny Asian mutant had the ability on everyone. He shot Ororo a dirty look as she reached for a jar a paprika and shook a little bit into the eggs. The glare was good natured, which Ororo ignored.

“Anyone seen Wolvie? He’s usually the first one down here,” Jubilee glanced at everyone in the kitchen waiting for an answer. Up until now, she, Kitty and Rogue have kept their conversation about this weekend’s shopping trip to themselves, but the conversation had come to a lull and Jubilation just realized that she hasn’t the gruff Canadian all morning.

Remy felt Ororo’s body tense up next to his and he shook his head at her the second she glanced up to look at him, silently asking him if he knew where Logan was in those blue eyes of hers. The rest of the room pitched in their answers, and it seemed as if no one knew where their rogue team member has gone off too.

“Ah know where he is,” Rogue spoke up while she kept a cautious eye Ororo. Logan had dropped by her room early in the morning to let know that he was leaving.

******

The halls were dark and silent and his sensitive hearing let him know that everyone was fast asleep. Why wouldn’t they be, it was nearly five in the morning. Despite knowing that she was sleeping, Logan knocked on the oak door before he opened it and ventured into Rogue’s bedroom. This was a tradition of sorts; before leaving, he always stopped by to let her know that he was leaving. Usually though, the southern belle wasn’t sleeping.

The bed dipped underneath his weight and subconsciously Rogue turned around to face him. He reached out to brush a strand of white hair out of her face and frowned at it. The girl’s been through so much and she overcame it all. “Wake up darlin’,” He tried to whisper but his voice still came out harsh, as if sliding over sandpaper.

Her eyes fluttered before she opened them. Rogue waited a moment as her vision came into focus. “Logan,” She groaned and signed. She prayed that there wasn’t an emergency. Rogue shifted onto her back to sit up and blinked at Logan before she crossed her arms over her chest. “What a’h yah doin’ heah, Logan?”

She didn’t seem that thrilled to be awake this early, but considering that she only went to be recently Logan couldn’t say that he was shocked. “I’m leavin.” He announced and at the glare Rogue threw his way he decided to elaborate. “I need ta just get away fer a little bit,”

“Do ya reallah think thaht’ theh best ideah?” Rogue asked him as she uncrossed her arms. She pushed her dark locks out of her face on focused on him. T’Challa just proposed to Ororo and Logan wanted to run off to clear his head? Was the man fucking stupid? “T’Challa jus’ ahsked ‘Ro ta marry ‘im!” She exclaimed between clenched teeth.

The disbelief that Logan found in her eyes was clear as day to him. He wasn’t good enough for her and he just needed to figure out what to handle it. Ororo must have said yes already. She said it herself, that she was happy, that T’Challa made her happy. It didn’t matter that the bastard has ripped out her heart and spat on it numerous times already. “I came ta say good-bye fer now, Darlin’.” He told her. Did she think that he knew about the wedding proposal?

Rogue narrowed her eyes and if looks could kill, Logan would be dead by now. He was being an idiot! Rogue wished more than anything that Logan would take his head out of his ass and just confront Ororo. The woman was obviously in love with him too, and her talks with Remy has confirmed her thoughts as much. “Ya a’h ah knucklehead, Sugah,” she signed giving up. Logan was stubborn, and Rogue knew better then try and talking him out of something like this. “Be safe, Logan, an’ come bahck ta us,” Rogue told him before she cautiously wrapped her arms around him. “Ah’ll miss ya.”

Logan tightened his arms around Rogue and pressed a kiss to the crown on her head. “Miss ya too, Kid,” He told her before he let her go and allowed her to settle back on to her mattress. “Take care of yerself, I’ll be back soon,” He told her before he walked out of the bedroom and closed the door behind himself.

Rogue growled to the stillness of her room before she plopped back onto her mattress and stared up at the ceiling. Logan was making a mistake; his decision to run off wasn’t going to end well, for him or anyone else involved. All he had to do was tell Ororo how he felt and he could have been with her. Maybe she would have to take matters into her own hands, she mused as she rolled to lie on her side to fall back asleep.


******

Everyone’s eyes were on her, and Rogue really wished she hasn’t said anything. It shouldn’t be much of a surprise that she knew where Logan was though. He always told her before he left. “Hum, Ah don’ realleh know wheha Logan is, but he left earleh this mornin’,” Rogue corrected herself she told the room and focused emerald green eyes on Ororo. “Ah tried ta tahlk him outta leave, but yah know how Logan is,” She finished weakly.

She felt Remy tighten his hold around her shoulder and she tried to smile weakly at Rogue. She should have figured as much. Her chest hurt, and Ororo struggled not to lift her hand to press down on her heart. “He’ll be back,” Ororo spoke what must have been on everyone’s mind. The beep on the microwaved letting her know that he tea was done allowed her to focus her attention elsewhere and Ororo moved to retrieve the mug from the microwave.

Having had picked up the tension between Rogue, Remy and Ororo, Jubilee turned her attention toward Rogue. “What’s going on, Chica?” The tiny girl mouthed to her friend. She only got a secret look that told her that Rogue would tell her later, probably during their shopping trip. She nodded, satisfied with the answer before Jubilation turned her attention towards Remy. “How are my eggs coming along, Remy?” she asked him. She was starving and Jubilee knew that everyone still needed to eat and it was Remy’s turn to cook.


Chapter End Notes:
I don't know when the other chapter will be up. I'm working all weekend. Probably sometime next week.



You must login () to review.