Author's Chapter Notes:
yay! another chapter. I'm sorry it's taken so long. I've been swamped with work.
¬¬¬¬The ring felt heavy on her finger but Ororo had to admit that it was beautiful. The band itself was crafted from white gold and instead of the traditional diamond a sapphire sat surrounded by encrusted emeralds. The ring itself seemed to capture the earth and the sky. With a heavy heart Ororo took the ring off her finger and returned the piece of jewelry back into the box and turned her attention back towards her closet. She swung the double doors open and stepped into a room the size of one of the smaller bedrooms within the massive institute. The Weather Witch stepped inside and crossed her arms underneath her chest. She recalled a time when she didn’t have the need for clothes, and looking at her large closet now, you could mistake the room for a clothing store. Light laughter bounced off the walls as Ororo recalled how Jean had spent hours trying to explain the importance of clothing.

The white haired mutant remembered an incident when she and Jean had decided to go swimming. They had agreed to meet at the pool and Ororo had flown down to the pool as bare as the day she had been born. The rest of the team members had been flabbergasted, and Jean had come to her rescue in an instant, carrying a towel and explaining to Ororo that in America people wore bathing suits in a public pool. The young Ororo had been more than a little confused. What was a bathing suit and what was the difference between a pool and a public bath? Oh, how innocent she had been back then. Stepping out of the closet, Ororo peered at her bedroom door when a knock carried her back to the present. “Come in,” She called out before moving to close her closet doors.

Rogue poked her head through the door after opening it to take a quick peek. It was common knowledge that Ororo wasn’t always dressed when she was alone in her room and bits of Ororo’s psyche in Rogue’s head whispered to her, telling her to check if her physical being was actually clothed. It wasn’t that Ororo was ashamed of her body, she was anything but, however, her being nude would make others feel uncomfortable, and Rogue didn’t need to see her mentor naked. “Ororo, can Ah tahlk tah ya?” The southern woman asked stepping into the large bedroom.

“Of course,” Came her regal response as she gestured around her large room for Rogue to make herself comfortable. Blue eyes stayed on Rogue as she sat down on the bed and Ororo moved to follow her. “What is the matter, Rogue?” She asked the moment the both of them were settled.

They hadn’t always been close, in fact, there was a time long ago where Ororo had been weary of the other woman, but Xavier had placed his trust on her when she had decided to leave the Brotherhood and join them, the side of angels. Their relationship seemed to have gotten stronger during the time that Ororo had lost her powers. It hadn’t been Rogue’s fault, but it had been Ororo protecting Rogue from something that had been unknown danger at the time. Time passed though, and Ororo saw the younger woman as a close friend, as a younger sister that completed her crazy family.

“He’s in Japan,” Rogue went straight to the point; she didn’t see the point to hiding around behind a bush, something she had picked up from the Wolverine. Pulling her legs up underneath her and staring down at her lap, she continued. “Ah feel it, in mah head, thaht he’s in Japan. ‘E doesn’t want ya’ ta marry thah Black Pathah, an’ Ah don’ eithah, Ororo,” She looked up at her field leader at the end to catch the shocked expression on Storm’s face. Ororo didn’t belong with T’Challa, and who would she go to once Ororo left? Who else would keep the team together and yell at the Wolverine when he’s being unreasonable and dangerous. Rogue didn’t have a problem with the idea of going toe to toe with him, but the Wolverine listened to no one but Storm.

She wasn’t surprised that Logan was in Japan. Ororo knew that she would have been able to find him over there. Nor was she surprised that Rogue knew about the proposal. Her partner and crime was Rogue’s sweetheart, while Logan was like a father figure to her. But why wouldn’t Rogue want her to marry T’Challa? There were worse choices; she could be married to Forge already. She reached out tentatively and allowed her fingers to whisper across Rogue’s cheek. “I don’t know what you want me to say, dear,” she admitted feeling defeated.

“Well, do love him?” Rogue wanted to know, because there was no point for Ororo to get married to a man that she didn’t love. That was a relationship destined to fail. She had asked Logan the same question, more or less. Ororo deserved to be happy, and so did Logan. A small part of her, wanted to reach out and touch her friend to find out the truth. She couldn’t invade someone’s privacy like that, at least not for her own means.

She felt as if she’s been asked that question a lot lately, when in fact, it’s only been twice. Remy had asked her the same question when she told him, and though Logan hadn’t exactly asked that question, Ororo felt that when she told him, he had wanted to ask her such a question. And now Rogue. She had easily avoided the question with Remy, and in doing so, she had answered his question, accidently, confirming his beliefs. Now she had Rogue to answer to, and she just wasn’t sure how to do so. “I do,” She smiled softly at the southern belle after settling on a half white lie. A small part of her did love T’Challa, the part of her that didn’t grow up and still believed in fairytales.

She felt defeated. Why did both of these people insist on making this difficult? “Yah’ll still come ta visit, won’t’yah?” The words tumbled out her mouth, and hopeful green eyes focused in on Ororo’s bright blue ones. Logan had already left, and Rogue wasn’t sure when he’d be back, and Ororo would be leaving to once she became a Queen. She still had Remy, but it wouldn’t be the same without Ororo and Logan. Her family would be incomplete.

Ororo smiled warmly and wrapped her arm around Rogue’s shoulders, pulling the younger girl gently against her side. “You would not be able to keep me away, my dear Rogue,” She whispered into dark colored hair. Ororo closed her eyes and sighed into her friend’s hair. She wasn’t sure what her plan of action was, all Ororo knew what that she needed to talk to T’Challa, get away, and get her thoughts together.


Chapter End Notes:
So, i'm super sorry that not only did this take forever, but it's also extremely short. I've working working on the next chapter. This it basically just a filler to get me to where I want to be. I promise that I've already started on the next chapter and that I'm just trying to find a right place to end it at.



You must login () to review.