The faint click of her heels was the only sound in the small shuttle that the African had used to fly to her homeland. It's been at least twelve years since she's been under the rubble of her home with her dead parents but small spaces still made her panic. Flying a commercial airplane would have been too crowded, riding the winds would have been exhausting and the X-Men would need the blackbird. So with permission from Scott and Charles, Ororo had taken one of the shuttles. The flight hadn't been too long but it was tiring. She passed her suitcases and took a deep breath of Africa's hot air as the ramp opened. Her knee length cotton skirt billowed around her in the late afternoon breeze. She had arrived in time of the sunset.

Descending the ramp, Ororo took note of the welcoming committee T’Challa had provided for her. She had contacted him earlier in order to clear her flying shuttle with his air commanders. She had told him she didn't want a fuss when she landed. The king had offered her a room with free boarding, and it would have been rude for her to decline such a request. His body guards, Dora Milaje, flanked T’Challa, their calculating eyes assessing the air craft Ororo had flown and her body for any weapons or danger that could harm their King. The King, undisturbed by the lack of trust his Dora Milaje placed in Ororo, took a step towards her with a smile that used to make her heart stop. He spread his arms wipe in a welcoming embrace and breathed her name in greeting as she stepped into the circle of his arms.

It wasn’t the type of embrace she was used to, but it was still a warm welcome. She laid a gentle kiss against his smooth cheek, something expected but suddenly all together unfamiliar, in response to his greeting before she detangled herself from his arms. "How have you been, T’Challa?" though they had chatter earlier they did not exchange pleasantries.

Ever the gentleman, T’Challa offered Ororo his arm, which she accepted as he signaled one of his servants to collect her bags and carry them into her assigned room, which had been set up hours previous. "Far too busy. I've had to keep an eye on the western territories for domestic wars. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy of your company instead of working. And you, Ororo, Anything new in the life of the X-man?"

She sighed, and falling back into old habits as easily as she fell in step with him, the white haired woman rested her head on his shoulder. "Scott and Emma are finally public with their relationship; Rogue and Remy are currently on an on span of their relationship; Kitty and Peter finally admitted their feelings to each other, after a lot of nudging from Jubilee. "

"And The Wolverine? Is he not part of the X-Men, or have you had a falling out?"

"Logan?" Ororo was surprised that T'Challa brought him up. She knew that the King didn't care for him. "He is visiting in Japan, checking up on Yukio."

"Yukio is the one that encouraged you to cur off all of your hair? That man and the people he considers his friends is questionable."

Anger flared in her chest, and Ororo stopped walking in order to look at him. "Does that make me questionable?"

He looked at her, stunned, trying to figure out what exactly he could say to back track. "Of course not, Ororo. I was merely-"

"Logan is my best friend, remember that. He stood by my side, unquestionably loyal. He helped me though my hardest points in life, and always had faith in me. As for Yukio, she aided me in my discovery of life. She taught me to take risks, and never be afraid. Without either one of them, I would not be to woman I am today. Do not question my friends, King." Ororo kept her eyes on him, until T’Challa nodded his head, and began walking again.

“I’ll have one of the Dora Milaje show you to your room.” She heard him say before the king went left. One of his guards moved to walk beside Ororo, silently guiding her, while another two followed behind her. The servants brought up the rear with Ororo’s luggage.

“Is it my usual room?”

“Yes.”

Ororo nodded to herself, and turned around. The Dora Milaje moved out of her way, and Ororo took her luggage from the servants. She smiled warmly at both of them, because her eyes turned white and Storm took to the skies, swiftly flying to her room.

*****


Sorry this is sort of short, I have my muse back finally, and I know exactly where I’m going with this, at least a little bit, anyway.

Hopefully, I’ll be able to get an update up soon. Anyway, you’ll know you want to review!





You must login () to review.