Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey! I'm sorry this took a while. I had it done but I just didn't feel like it was finished, you know? Anyways, here it is. I hope it doesn't suck to bad. Let me know what you think!
Yukio’s studio was decorated in typical Yukio fashion. The entire space was wide open, and from the kitchen, Ororo was allowed to see the survey the rest of the house. Articals of clothing lead from the door across the wide space that made up her living room, and up to a small platform underneath the main windows where she kept her bed. Yukio liked having her arm hang of from the side of her bed, so she had to have built her own frame for the average sized mattress. On the floor, next to the platform, Yukio had three metal clothing racks which was overfilled with her clothes without any organization. The only room that had any privacy, was the bathroom, tucked between the space that made up her kitchen and the space that made up her bed.

Her living room had only two couches that faced each other and a coffee table in between them. The tiny Asian didn’t have television, but the coffee table had a small sized radio. Yukio had explained to her once before that she didn’t need television to fuel her information or that she needed the news to bring her down; all she needed was music and her life was perfectly okay.

The kitchen was simple, with an island rather than a table and an empty fridge. Her cupboards were filled with snack foods and easily cooked food that she would be able to microwave if need be. Yukio was a person that ordered out, rather than cooked. She cooked as well as Ororo baked.

The three of them stood around the small island in the tiny kitchen. Ororo had her hands cupped around her mug of tea, while across from her Logan nursed his beer and Yukio stood between them, drinking her own tea, slightly modified with spiced rum. There was a silence, and Ororo was certain that her friends were struggling to keep themselves from asking her about T’Challa and what exactly she was doing here. She caught Yukio send a dirty look at Logan before those playful eyes settled on her.

“We’re going out,” she announced while Ororo took a sip from her still steaming cup. The weather witch arched an eyebrow at her dear friend and regarded her curiously. “And by we, I mean the two of us. It’s been far too long since I had you too myself and you’re technically here to see me anyway.”

“It has been far too long, Yukio, where would you like to go?” Her young friend knew this country far better than she did, and with Yukio being as wild and carefree as she was, she knew all of the best places anywhere in the world.

“Anywhere and everywhere!” She exclaimed and her entire oval face lit up with enthusiasm as Logan groaned beside her and dropped his forehead into his palm. “So, same outfit from the last time?”

Now she felt Logan’s eyes on her, because the last time she has worn a form fitting little number. The deep red coloring had highlighted the faint blush in her cheeks as they had gone dancing at the numerous clubs in New York City. This wasn’t New York though, and fashion was entirely different in Japan. “How about something a little bit more appropriate for a night out?” Ororo finally answered after a moment, and she couldn’t help but laugh as the ecstatic look on Yukio’s face as she finished of her tea before she ran off towards her racks of clothing.

She shifted her gaze towards Logan, who hasn’t taken his eyes off her. Ororo quirked an eyebrow at her dearest and oldest friend as he watched her carefully.

“Are ya sure that’s a good idea?” Logan asked her before he reached for his bottle. There was obvious concern in his voice, that with Ororo he knew he didn’t have to cover. Break-ups were hard, and though he knew they had just had an argument, things quickly went back to normal. Things between them were as they always were after a breakup; the other doing their best to be there.

“Are you concerned that I am incapable of taking care of myself?” Ororo asked him in return, and folded her arms over the table. Logan watched her lean across them towards him, and her blue eyes focused solely on him. Not long after, she flashed her rare devil may care smile. It’s been far too long since she’s smiled like that, but considering their recent topic he was not in the mood and he growled in return. It was low, vibrating across his chest, and it was clearly a warning not to go there. “Will you be following us to make sure I will be alright?” She taunted him, his warning falling on deaf ears.

“Yukio’ll be able to keep an eye on ya just fine.” There was an edge to his voice, and his hand tightened around the bottle of his beer. He was pissed; he knew that Ororo was perfectly aware that he hadn’t meant it like that. The former Goddess seemed to be in the mood for a fight, and Logan, for once, wasn’t in the mood to give her one.

Yukio came into the room with a flourish, in a low waist pleated leather skirt, that reached her knees and a white laced shirt with capped sleeves. Her short hair was spiked around her angular face, and dark kohl lined her eyes. She held up a simple black dress, and Ororo raised her eyebrow at her friend. The dress was far more conservative than the last outfit she wore, but Yukio only grinned and spun the hanger around so that Ororo and Logan could see the back of the dress.

Or rather, lack thereof.

Ororo whistled, and stood up without taking her eyes off the dress. She moved around the kitchen island and pressed a kiss against Yukio’s cheek as she plucked the dress from her friends hand and made her way out of the room so that she could change. As soon as Ororo was out of the room, Yukio hopped up to sit on top of her island and focused dark eyes on Logan. “So what’s your game plan?”

Logan quirked an eyebrow at the tiny girl and finished of her beer. “I don’ know what yer talking about, kid,” he answered, and for someone that’s known him for as long as she has, Yuikio was able to detect the bullshit.

“Does she know that you love her?” As soon as Yukio asked the question, she knew how stupid it was. Logan never came right out and told someone how he felt. It was a guessing game. The man was always better at showing how he felt rather than talking about it. That would be his greatest undoing, Yukio decided, unless she took matters into her own hands. “Never mind, Logan. You’re just probably going to fuck this up anyway.”

He nearly choked when she spoke and turned dark, angry eyes towards the tiny woman. This conversation was all too familiar, and he had to wonder briefly if Yukio and Rogue had exchanged numbers and discussed his live late at night. “That really ain’t any of your business,’ he growled at her, hand tightening around the empty bottle.

The dark haired woman pressed her palms on the flat surface of the table and leaned towards Logan, brown eye pure eyes. “It is when she’s the best friend any one of us could imagine having it,” she matched his growls with one of her own.

Before Logan could retaliate, Ororo stepped out of the bathroom, and both Logan and Yukio turned their attention towards the weather witch at the sound of the door opening. Yukio whistled, and Logan froze, having a difficult time to look up from her legs. The back dress reached to about midthigh, and it hung comfortably from her shoulders. The goddess grinned at both of them before she spun around. The back of the dress scoped down, collecting with loose fabric just above her crack, if she moved just the right way, Logan would have been able to see those glorious cheeks. He had to bite back a possessive growl as Ororo finished her spin and turned to face her friends again.

Yukio pratcially fell of the island as she ran to go collect them each a pair of shoes. It didn’t take her more than ninty seconds for her to find the shoes she was looking for. Ororo ignored Logan as she watched her friend with obvious amusement until she was handed a pair of red heels. Yukio slipped on her own pair of black heels as Ororo slipped on her own shoes.

Yukio reached for Ororo’s hand before turning to Logan and waved at him. “Don’t wait up!” She hollered at him before dragging Ororo out of the flat with a joyous laugh.

Logan shook his head and moved away from the island. He needed to get the hell out.


Chapter End Notes:
Again! Please read and review!



You must login () to review.