When the bell rang for lunch, Storm gathered her papers and placed them in a folder to grade later. Suddenly, someone grabbed her hand. She gasped as she turned, only to see it was Logan there. "Where's my beautiful Goddess?"

Storm thought about hitting him, but then he kissed her, and she forgave him. For now.

"What are you doing here?"

"Thought I would take you out to lunch," Logan said.

"Thought it was my week to take you out?"

"Changed my mind. You look a little stressed, and I wanted to see you relax a little."

Storm laughed. "Okay. Where are we going?"

"I was thinking-"

"Isis, get back here!"

There was a bark, and a bang as something hit the glass window. Storm looked at Logan. "Isis? You don't think..."

"Can't be. She was supposed to go back to Florida where she said she would live on the streets again."

"Remind me again why I agreed to that."

"Because we weren't her legal guardians. Hey, Rogue's gone back to hitchhiking. You know how I feel about that."

They looked at each other than raced outside to see a blond girl with green eyes by a white wolf. "That was too close," the girl was saying behind a bush. "Do you know how much trouble you almost got me in? ... Well I don't care if there was a Frisbee or not. You're not supposed to do that. She doesn't know that I followed her to Canada."

"Oh really?" Storm asked.

Vestara whirled around on them. "Kriffing Stang!"

"I should've known," Storm said. "Your isolation preference should've tipped me off, but I didn't realize."

Vestara Khai changed from a light brown haired girl with dark brown eyes, to a dark-dirty blond haired- that could pass for brown or even black- with hazel eyes. "Yeah, and when I went from blond hair green eyes, I used the contacts and hair dye excuse."

"Who were you just now?"

"At first I was Tahiri Veila. Anakin Solo's girlfriend until he died, and then a lover of the sorts with his older brother after he became Darth Caedus. Then I swapped to Vestara Khai."

"TMI, Hawk."

"I better go to lunch..." Hawk said.

"We'll talk later kid," Logan said.

"Okay," Hawk said. "Just to let you know, skunk stripes is just ahead."

"What?"

"She talkin' about me, genius," the two turned to see Rogue standing behind them.

"What are you doin' here, Rogue?"

"Heard that Hawk gave up the streets for Canada, and that she met a boy..." they turned to see Hawk rush up to someone, in her normal form, and hug him.

"Logan," Storm whispered in his ear. "If we're going to make it to lunch, we better hurry."

"Okay," he said, turning back to Rogue, "see ya 'round, Rogue."

"Bye, Logan."

X

Sabretooth growled. One of the brats was the girl's sister he killed last year. And then there was that girl he failed to kidnap three years ago. It was going to be harder than he thought to get that witch.





You must login () to review.