Author's Chapter Notes:
There is an alternate scene, I just thought that this was more appropriate.
Jean paced back and forth in the halls. It wasn't fair! If it weren't for her, Storm and Logan probably would never have gotten together. Yes, she was happy for them. But, ever since those two had gotten married- no engaged- Logan had stopped flirting with her. True, she too was a married woman, but she liked the flirts. She liked the fact that she was the only one who could calm Scott down when he was mad. And now, with a baby in the picture, Logan would ignore her even more.

"This is stupid," she muttered. "Storm is your best friend. You should be happy for her."

Ah, a voice whispered inside her head. But Logan loved you first. You know how the old saying goes: First come first serve. Storm is just the leftover.

"But he truly loves her."

The voice laughed. Ha! He just loves her for her looks. You two were the most popular girls in school. However, everyone knows you were the more popular one. That baby should be yours.

"But-"

You know it should be yours. The only way your going to get what you want is by doing it yourself. Steal the baby, and kill it.

"What? No!"

Yes. You must. Once that baby is gone, their marriage will crumble.

"Why not just give the baby up?"

That could work too. There's also the fact that you are a telepath. You could easily wipe their minds and place the thought that Logan's child is your child. Scott won't have to know. Only Logan.

"But, what about-"

"Are you okay, Jean?" A new voice called, interrupting her thoughts. Jean looked up to see that it was Hawk. A telepathic telekinetic who could control the four elements, and shape-shift. She was also really close to Storm.

"I'm fine, Hawk."

"Phoenix coming out again?"

"No." Jean was shocked that the girl would even suggest such a thing. "I have Phoenix under control."

Hawk shrugged. "Okay. Just wondering because you were talking to yourself."

"And you don't?"

"I only do it because I'm daydreaming and trying to figure out a story to write. You were just muttering nonsense."

Jean sighed. "What are you doing down here anyway?"

"I'm just going in to see the newborn. Rogue and the others will be down soon also." Then she walked in.

You're going to have to do something about that one.

"Storm will fry me if I harm her or any of the other students."

But you're practically immortal, the Phoenix inside her continued, if you can't take it, then maybe you should get someone who can. Who's the Wolverine's sworn enemy, even though they're related by blood? Who does that enemy want so bad, he'll do anything to get Storm? Who does that little brat have a grudge against, she'll roast anyone alive that stands in her way?

"Sabretooth," Jean answered.

Exactly.

"But, I can't do that to Storm-"

Well, if you don't come to him. He'll come to you... eventually.

"What are you talking about?"

I don't believe this, we share the same body, but only I can sense him? How pathetic.

"Just stop it, Phoenix. I'm not going to hurt Storm."

B

As Jean walked down the halls, she was suddenly grabbed by someone. His hand clamped over her mouth to keep her from crying out. "Well, well, well," a deep menacing voice said. "If it isn't the telepath."

"What do you want, Sabretooth?" Jean demanded, moving her face out of his grasp.

"I think you know what I want. You want the same thing. I want that child, and you want that runt to like you. So, I propose an alliance."

"And what makes you think I'll help you."

"Because if you don't, you'll never get the Wolverine's attention again. He'll be all over that witch. And you'll just watch as the two have more and more children, and eventually you become old with no children."

"You wouldn't know that."

"You're right, I wouldn't. But I do know that you like the runt, and the runt was in love with you until he killed you. Then he moved on to the Goddess. My Goddess."

"She was never yours to begin with."

Sabretooth jerked her, warning her that he could snap her neck if he wanted to.

"Okay, okay. What do you want me to do?"

"First, do we have a deal?"

Take it, her phoenix side said. It's the only way to get what you want.

"Deal."





You must login () to review.