Disclaimer: Not mine. Marvel owns them.

There it was. Storm wrinkled her nose up in disgust and picked up the offensive commodity with the tips of her fingers. Jean watched with an expression of both wonder and amusement as the catalogue landed with a loud smack on the table in front of her. "You take it Jean. I cannot bear to look at it another moment. Why must they send it to me every month, when I simply detest it." Her tone was borderline whining, which was very unusual since Ororo was usually the first to put a whining child right back to their place. Jean frowned slightly; inwardly she felt almost a pang of pity for her dear friend. For her and Scott that particular catalogue was used very often, but Ororo just didn't have any use for the merchandise sold in it.

"Well my issue was misplaced so I'll be glad to take it off your hands." Pulling the magazine toward her, she started to thumb through the pages, biting her lip to stifle the laugh when she heard Ororo groan. Scott walked into the den and his eyes drifted to the pages being flipped in front of his girlfriend. With a flash he was at her side, mumbling something about how he was ecstatic that the new issue was here again. Stopping at a certain page, he glided his finger across it and whispered something in Jean's ear, causing her cheeks to turn as red as her hair. Rolling her eyes, Ororo plopped down with a sigh at the other end of the table and watched the couple. This is ridiculous. How can one get excited over something like that?

"What's wrong with you?" Logan asked gruffly when he noticed the sour expression on Ororo's face. She made a slight gesture with her hand in the general area of Scott and Jean and then with an exasperated groan covered her ears as Jean giggled. Logan gritted his teeth; something about that giggle always made him cringe. He felt sorry that Slim had to listen to it everyday, and wondered if she ever did that while they were in bed together. That would be enough to completely ruin the mood for me. "What are you two lookin' at that got her panties in a twist?" Ororo uncovered her ears just long enough to glare at him before standing up. Her chin rose as she 'humphed' indignantly in his direction and sat down on one of the couches, pretending to watch the news.

"Funny you should put it in that way Logan, because we are looking at a Victoria's Secret catalogue." As soon as the name was mentioned, Ororo turned the volume of the television up, trying to block the conversation out. Logan arched a bushy eyebrow, as if asking, that's it. "It seems that Ororo does not share our passion for lacy lingerie." Jean was about to continue when a loud crack startled her.

Ororo could bear it no longer, switching off the television, she slammed the remote on the glass coffee table, almost splitting the glass in half with her force. "Why must you put so much grave importance on such a simple act? Especially you men? Is there anything in there for you to wear?"

Everyone was stunned by her outburst. Her lips were set in a line and she tapped her foot impatiently, her arms crossed over her chest defensively as she waited for a response from any of the three parties. "Well there is this revealing thong I saw that I would love to see on you Scott."

"Oh no not after what happened last time." And just then, Scott remembered where he was. Looking around he found that Logan was completely disgusted, shaking his head slightly with his eyes scrunched closed as if trying to banish the image. Ororo stood erect and statue-still, her pouty mouth in a shocked o-shape.

"Riiighht," she stepped back slightly from the couple, one eyebrow lifted in shock," but anyway before I got that disturbing image implanted in my mind." Jean giggled again and Scott didn't dare look in Ororo's direction. "But just consider my theory." Jean and the others nodded. "What is the point of buying those things?" Both

of the men grinned. The act, going unnoticed by Ororo, earned a slight sigh of frustration. "Let me put this another way. Scott why do you have Jean buy those . . . those things." The emphasis on the word 'things' was one of clear abhorrence.

"Now come on Ororo I think you're old enough to figure that particular question out." Thunder clapped outside, and Scott winced. Okay so maybe badgering her was not a good idea at the moment.

"I do not appreciate being patronized Scott. What I meant is that you buy one of those skimpy little outfits, Jean struts for you for a couple of minutes and then the article of clothing, if it can even be called that, lands on the floor. There is no point."

The room was silent. Jean had to agree with her on the point. However, what worried her was that her friend had actually thought about the issue, very thoroughly it seemed. "Well she does have a good point Scott, I suppose I will not have to buy these things anymore." Standing up she left the room, with a wide-mouthed Scott left behind.

Casting one remorseful gaze at the magazine, he groaned when he noticed the outfit on page 13. "Thanks a lot Ororo, now what?"

Smiling sympathetically at her dear friend, she patted his shoulder, all the while keeping her eyes focused away from the magazine. Her eyes quickly caught Logans, he hadn't said a single word throughout the whole ordeal, just watched her with an intense and slightly unnerving gaze. He always seemed to have the power to make her

uneasy, and that fact alone made him almost unbearable to be around sometimes. This, was definitely one of those times. "Do not worry Scott. Jean enjoys looking at herself in those skimpy things probably even more than you do. She was only jesting with you." Grinning widely at the light quip at his girlfriends’ vanity, he patted Ororo's hand and stood. "Now go to her. I am sure you two have plenty to discuss. Like which color suits her best." Chuckling he walked off, muttering something about fire engine red.

The amusement from her face could not be hidden and the weather outside brightened considerably until her eyes drifted to the still open magazine. Moaning uncharacteristically, she brushed her hand across the tabletop, causing the incriminating object to fly off. The pages ruffled and fluttered before it hit the ground with a

thud.

Her body jumped when a movement came from the corner of the room, she had forgotten that Logan was still present. Without a word, he stealthily prowled up to her side, like a wolf hunting for prey. Her eyes narrowed. Who did he think he was anyway? He had no right to make her feel this way. And the anger surfaced again. Bringing her hands up to her head, she let her fingers massage her temples. What exactly was going on with her lately? Logan had never gotten to her like this before.

Her eyes widened and she groaned inwardly when she saw Logan pick up the discarded leaves of paper. A silly boyish grin lit up his face and his eyes almost glowed with desire. She would have found that particular expression rather endearing on him if it weren’t for the circumstances in which it appeared. Bracing herself against the table, she pushed her chair away and stood, without giving him a second glance. Somehow having him so close to her was playing with her nerves, she was starting to feel slightly light- headed. And of all the people to act this way around, she just knew that he could smell the reaction on her. Trying to save some of her dignity, she attempted to brush past him but let out a startled cry when he caught her wrist.

Logan gazed at her questioningly and let her hand drop. "Did I hurt ya?" Since when had she been so sensitive to his touch? Ororo only shook her head, her teeth darting out to catch her full bottom lip. He almost growled. Didn't the woman know what an action like that did to him? Not only did it make her look damn sexy, it also brought his attention to her lips. And once his eyes drifted there, barely anything could pry his eyes away. He had found himself so many times, just staring at the delicious, gentle curve of them. How they would part when she let out a tiny puff of air, or how he could sometimes see the tip of her pink tongue.

"Did you desire something of me Logan?" Right where she was standing, he could feel her breath lightly caressing his neck. Desire something? God how he loved to hear her speak. The gentle vibrations and intones of her voice shook him to the core of his being. With its silky, sultry flow that made anything she spoke sound so eloquent and beautiful, combined with the authority and knowledge of a true leader. He was positive that just her voice could cure all his nightmares, that if she cooed into his ear before he drifted off to sleep, he would be able to sleep a full night again. Did he desire something? Oh yes, he desired her. Desired to have her entangled with his body, murmuring his name, her voice laced with lust. Breathy and low. Desired to see her eyes glowing with the lightning that lived inside her when his hands roamed her body. He desired her to lose control with him, to set free the raging and boisterous spirit that thrived just below the surface of her goddess-like demeanor.

There you go again. All these thoughts seemed to bounce around in his head, and to be frank it scared the shit out of him. He did have thoughts like this before, about Jean, but they had never been so strong. With Ororo just the slightest touch sent him spiraling into the crevices of his mind, exploring hot, passionate, untamed fantasies that left him panting for breath. You're not the only one who doesn't want to lose control darlin'. He knew the constant struggle in her head. The elements pulling her to shed the life of an X-Man and just live in the skies, let loose the boundaries that held her full powers at bay. Nature had pulled him the same way once, and it still chewed at the back of his brain sometimes. The same struggle, but two different faces. For him it was the feral beast, for her it was the weatherwitch, the goddess of the elements. There was always that fear that he would slip into the darkness, the insanity of the beast within.

That is why he pushed her, always kept her an arms length away. With Jean it had been simple, he chased her because he knew he couldn't obtain her. However, with Ororo, somehow he knew she would give in to him, and accept the creature that lived within. In the end it would hurt her, HE would hurt her, and she didn't deserve the pain. So he annoyed her, pushed all the right buttons to almost make her hate him. Defense mechanisms 101. Marie had told him when she noticed his behavior. "You' only pushing her away because you' afraid you might find exactly what you a' looking fo'. And that's scares you sugah'." He had mumbled some incoherent phrase that she quickly brushed off. But he hadn't denied it, and she knew it. So for Marie it was obvious. The rough, tough bachelor had fallen hard.

"Just because you don't get any darlin', doesn't mean ya have to ruin it for the rest of us. How would you know about any of this anyway?" Thunder boomed outside and he knew he had hit the nail right on the head. But instead of getting the usual rush of amusement from aggravating her, he felt guilt appear. When he caught her gaze, he didn't see the flash of anger or annoyance. Instead he saw something that cut into his heart like a knife. He saw sorrow, and pain.

"Are you satisfied? Or do you want to see me burst into tears as well?" Her tone was as hard as steel, and cold enough to send chills down his spine.

Sighing, defeated, he plopped into the chair nearest him and ran a shaky hand through his hair. "Look Ro. I didn't mean anything by it. All I wanted to say was . . ." He was startled by her suddenly abrupt movement. Leaning back in his chair, he watched gingerly as she made her way to him.

Okay so maybe it wasn't the wisest decision she had ever made, but somehow she felt compelled to prove herself to him. And there was only one way to make Logan believe something. Show it to him. Suddenly strength and courage surged through her. She stood above him, her arms at her side, staring down at him. He was mumbling something, what sounded like an apology. Logan always knew how to talk his way out of trouble. She shook her head, no talking this time.

Grabbing him by the shirt collar, she lifted him up slightly, surprising him as well as herself. "Shut up," and before he could respond, she crushed her lips to his. Bending her knees, she settled herself on his lap and arched her hips forward. Spreading her thighs further, she slowly began to rock her hips against him, feeling the scratch of his zipper against her leggings. She felt his body jump and the slight tilt of the chair. Knowing full well that his senses were not so focused on his surroundings at the moment, she suddenly stood. With a satisfied

smirk, she observed as Logan toppled backwards, landing ungracefully on the floor. "If you haven't noticed Logan, I am a woman." Blowing him a kiss, she turned on her heel and sauntered out of the den.

Bewildered and slightly soar, Logan stood. His body stiffened when he realized that he was covered with her scent. Grumbling under his breath, he stripped his shirt off and made his way upstairs. Several people had heard the crash when he had fallen and peeked out of their doors at him curiously. Marie opened her mouth to say something to him but faltered when she noticed his expression. Not giving any of them a second glance, he swung his door open and slammed it violently behind him.

What the hell was that about? Where had she gotten this sudden boldness? He growled lustfully and began to pace the small area of his room. Well after all he couldn't blame her, he had brought this upon himself. Her actions had been provoked. But why now? He always tried to provoke her, to push just the right buttons, but he had never gotten a reaction before. Why all of a sudden did she respond to his chiding remarks? And in that way. A kiss was the most unexpected rebuttal. Slapping him, or maybe even striking him with a lightning bolt would have been more her style. But a kiss? Not only that but the movements of her body, her hips gyrating against him. It was just mind-boggling.

If you haven't noticed Logan, I am a woman. And what did that mean? He would have to be stripped of all his senses completely to not notice what she was. She was the embodiment of a woman. The sway of her walk, the intonations of her voice, her gentle touches. All of it radiated the natural grace and beauty of a woman. And then there were the small subtleties. He smiled.

How wherever she went a light floral scent followed. The way she cried at a sappy love scene in one of those old romance movies. How she decorated her letters with squiggles and little flowers. The way she denied her fear of spiders, but even when it was just mentioned that a spider was near her, she would jump out of her skin. Her soft reassuring voice. The incredibly accurate womans intuition. How she always seemed to know what was bothering you. Her fluttering touch. And the way she always knew when someone needed to be comforted with caresses rather than with words.

Those things and so much more made up a woman, and there was not a single man on this earth that could deny that she radiated pure femininity. Suddenly he found himself cursing that he could have made her doubt herself. That had never been his intention. "Marie was right. What I'm doin' is stupid. I should go apologize." But his courage faltered. It was highly doubtful that she would want to see him right now. "Probably would use me as a lightning rod first." Making his mind up to tell her first thing tomorrow morning, he dove into his pillows. However, sleep was not forthcoming, his mind was reeling. She kissed me . . .





You must login () to review.