She was infuriated. The air around her sparked with electricity as she paced the length of her room, back and forth. How dare he? Who did he think he was? Blowing a stray piece of hair out of her face she plopped down on her bed and looked down at her entwined hands.

Okay so kissing him had been a bad idea. Especially since she could still smell him on her, still taste him on her lips. Logan was, male. That was the only way she could explain it. His taste was a mix of cigars, a slight amount of alcohol and his pure maleness. It was incredible, and addictive. And his smell of earth and nature and a bit of cologne that sent her head reeling. Intoxicating. She licked her lips. Oh goddess what have I gotten myself into.

She was never known for making rash decisions that is why Logan had been so stunned she was sure. What she had done even floored her when she thought about it. Soon after she had left the room, she heard him stomping to his bedroom. Her heart had nearly pounded out of her chest when she thought that he might confront her. But Logan was a smart man; he knew she was too upset to speak with him. However she couldn’t help but feel a twinge of disappointment that he didn’t go after her. Letting out a frustrated sigh she scolded herself in the fact that she was making absolutely no sense. Either you want him to come to you or you don’t. Which is it Ororo? She wanted him to come to her, definitely.

Diving into her pillows she groaned slightly. Since when had her desire for Logan gotten so intense? It had never bothered her before. She had admitted to herself a long time ago, along with all the other women in the mansion that Logan was gorgeous. He was that tall dark and handsome bad boy that every woman swooned over on the movie screen. But it hadn’t been just basic attraction that pulled her to him. Lust she could handle. This was different. Once she started to watch him around the mansion she found more and more things that made it harder for her to stay away.

The way he treated Marie, with tenderness and kindness that only a father would display toward his daughter. Or how he would smile while watching the kids play basketball and enjoying themselves, but he would only do it when he knew he wouldn’t get caught. The one time she had caught him smiling, he automatically returned to his usual scowl and made some rude comment. She had teased him for days about him losing his macho and intimidating persona and at one point he finally snapped.

She remembered that day perfectly, it was the first day she realized the control he had over her. She had made some comment about him starting to join in on chick flick night with the girls and barely had time to finish the statement before he lunged at her. Her body was pressed against the wall, with the heat and weight of his crushed against her front. Both of his hands were on either side of her body, trapping her between him and the wall. One of her hands moved to his arm in attempt to push him away but he stopped her with a single glance. “So you don’t think I’m male and intimidating enough huh?”

Licking her lips she had kept her gaze at the wall opposite them, not daring to look into his steely eyes. Her heart was pounding in her chest and her breathing became slightly labored. What was aggravating about the whole situation was that he knew what she was feeling. There was no use trying to hide it from him. “So if I’m not intimidating enough for you, why do I smell fear?” He traced his nose up the nape of her neck and to her ear, nuzzling it before nipping at her neck with his teeth. Her fingers involuntarily dug into his arm and she let a tiny moan evade her lips.

His body has stiffened then, and he sniffed her once more. A look of perplexity washed over his usually scolding features and he arched an eyebrow at her before dropping his arms and letting her pass. Before she left the room she turned to look at him. “You’re right Logan, you are male.”

She knew why he had stopped the game he was planning to play with her. Logan hadn’t expected to smell desire when touching her. And why would he? She never made any hinting toward the fact that she was attracted to him. In fact she usually stayed as far away from him as possible. Logan had always unnerved her, and she didn’t like the feeling of uneasiness and lack of control that she experienced when in his presence. He tested her boundaries, and she was terrified that one of those days he would go too far. So staying away was the course of action she took.

Well you royally screwed that up today goddess. Logan was sure to come question her about her actions, and honestly she didn’t know if she could answer his prying questions. All she knew is that she had to stay away from him, for at least a little while. To get her thoughts in order, to think straight again. But she had a sinking feeling that when it came to him, her thoughts would never be as clear as she desired them to be. Ororo Munroe, you are falling hard. What the hell will you do now?





You must login () to review.