Title: Troublesome
Author: Pari
Email: parisian@spikeluver.com
Rating: PG13
Summary: A day in the life of the Howlett’s

Disclaimer: Don’t own the X-Men though I’d love to burrow Wolverine for a bitJ

Troublesome:

“We’d hate to have to resort to expulsion, for academically everything is above average, I just don’t understand the attitude.”

“Yes, well I appreciate you meeting with me and not expelling.”

“Well you are one of my favorite and most active parent, it’s the least I can do after all the fundraisers you’re overseen.”

“Thank you Principal Kelly,”

“No thank you Mrs. Howlett, I hope this matter is resolved and we won’t have to meet under these circumstances, all right Nina?”

“Whatever,” Came a sighed reply.

“Nina, do not be rude and disrespectful.”

“Funny how much she reminds me of…her father, whereas Nyrobie is so much like you.” At this Nina rolled her eyes.

“Oh here we go,” She mumbled under her breath as she slouched lower in her seat.

“Yes, though I wish academically Nyrobie was as enthused as she is about shopping.”

“Well,” Principal Kelly said as he stood from his seat and his guest did the same. “Thank you for coming.” He led them to his door, opening it and seeing them out, and then turning to focus on the two boys waiting outside. “Well come along you two, we have to call your parents.”

The Mother and daughter walked down the halls in silence and remained that way until they entered the car. “I am truly disappointed in you Nina,”

“What else is new,” She mumbled under her breath.

“And your father will be as well, what in the world possessed you to do such a thing?”

“Reflexes I guess, something about a guy cornering me and grabbing my breast, it just causes be to react.” Nina said point blank as she now stared out the window too angry to look at her mother, who she felt always thought the worst of her.

“Oh my Goddess, Nina….is, is that the truth?”

“No, mom, I’m just an animal who goes around hurting people for no reason, can we go now?” Again mother and Daughter fell silent as they journeyed home.

~~~~

“So is it true? I mean the whole school is talking about how you attacked Johnny Waters.” The girl spoke as she casually walked into the room, she shared with her sister, though neither could figure why since there were two empty spare rooms, which either would happily take residence in. “I do believe you were put on this earth to ruin my life. Did you ever stop to consider me?” The girl asked as she now stood, with her arm across her chest, staring down at her younger sister, who slowly opened her eyes to glared up. “I go to that school too and unlike you I’m ever popular and I am getting tired of explaining you all the time.”

“What telling them I’m adopted aint working for you anymore?” Nina threw out sarcastically as she again closed her eyes as she lay on her back.

“No, you look too much like mom, I knew I should have told them ‘I’ was adopted.” She sighed as she moved to her bed flopping down on it. “So he touched you,” She threw out in a serious tone, honestly concerned, but Nina didn’t reply. “I’m sorry about that lil’ bit,” Nina quickly shot her another glared at the name, one her sister had given her which she never thought was cute, though their mother always had. They were only twenty-two months apart, Nina being the youngest though she carried her self like she was years older. “You don’t wanna talk to me about?”

“I don’t wanna talk to you about ‘anything’, Nyrobie.”

“Fine suit yourself, mom says it’s time for dinner, daddy’s home.” Nyrobie threw out with a pleased smile as she did a dramatic exit, as Nina growled at her back and then slowly stood and headed out and down to dinner.

When she entered the kitchen everyone had already taken their usual seat and so she took hers, right across from Nyrobie and in between her Mom and dad. The food was passed around the table and everyone eat in relative silence until…

“Sooo, I had a great day at school today.” Nyrobie said as she looked directly at her sister. “Found out I got the lead in Romeo and Juliet,”

“That’s wonderful sweetheart.” Her mother said smiling with pride.

“Thanks, I heard you were at school today mom and I tried to tell you then but you and Nina had already left before I could.” Nyrobie stated, putting her mother and sister on the spot, knowing neither had told her father about it yet. And he swiftly looked up from the Canadian paper he always read over supper, much to his wife’s dismay, and arching a questioning brow to his wife.

“Uh...uhm, yes I uh…had to go meet with Principal Kelly.”

“Again?” Nyrobie continued her taunting with a mock innocence on her face and Nina simply rolled her eyes at her.

“Yes, Nina had a little altercation, but I was able to take care of it and she won’t be expelled.”

“What happened?” Their father’s gruff voice seemed to resound throughout the room, quieting his wife and Nyrobie as all eyes now fell on Nina, who sat back and folded her arms across her chest.

“Some boy didn’t know where to put his hands that they didn’t belong on my chest, so I helped him,”

“Did you cut them off? “ Her father questioned his anger flaring at the thought of some boy groping his daughter but happy it was Nina, he knew she could handle herself.

“No, just broke them.” Nina answered and then they both went back to eating and reading the paper respectively as Nyrobie watched them in disbelief.

“Wait that’s it, she breaks some boy’s fingers and you give her your good for you look?”

“Nyrobie,” Her mother spoke in a warning tone.

“What mom, dad always does that, she nearly kills someone and he takes up for her,”

“Sweetie this was different,” Her mother said trying to calm her as their father simply kept reading his paper.

“Like mom isn’t ‘your’ head cheerleader,” Nina said in a near hiss.

“Nina, that’s not…”

“Well maybe that’s because I never do anything wrong.”

“You mean you never get caught because you wait to do stuff when dad’s away, like last Friday when you snuck out to go to Joanne’s party which got busted by the cops, but luckily you got away.” Nina said as her sister’s face paled over, and both their parents gazed locked on to her. “Boy I’m full now, think I’m gonna head up, night” Nina said with a pleased smile as she stood and left her sister to her doom.





You must login () to review.