“Aw come on Nina, it will be fun.” Maria, Nina’s best friend since they were babies, spoke out as they sat in the cafeteria finishing off their lunch.

“Ferget it Bleu,” Nina replied calling Maria by the nickname she had given her, while never looking directly at her friend.

“Why not, you grounded for what happened yesterday?” The red head continued her prodding.

“Nope.”

“So what’s the prob then?”

“There aint no prob, just don’t feel like hanging out with a bunch of snobs, who’d spend most of their time worrying about how good they look and talking about how bad everyone else looks.”

“Oh is that all, well you’ll be hanging out with me, and I aint no snob and we’ll have fun talking about them, while they talk about everyone else.” Maria said with a wide hopefully grin, as Nina continued looking past her but at nothing in particular.

“Naw, I aint goin Bleu. There’s no way I’m putting on a dress.” Nina said, frowning up and spitting out the last word as if it left a bitter taste on her tongue. “Ferget that.”

“Ya don’t have to, there aint no dress code for this dance you know. Is this the real reason you don’t want to go, or is it because you don’t want to go stag?” Maria asked in a playful tone. “Cause I spy a guy who would Looooovvvvveee to take you,” Nina frown up more at these word. “And he’s coming this way…. Hi Michael.” Maria greeted cheerfully as Nina closed her eyes and inwardly groaned.

“Hey Maria,” The blonde haired boy replied as his eyes moved to Nina’s face, as hers, now opened, stared back to their viewpoint. “Hey Nina,”

“Creed,” She sighed in reply knowing it would get under his skin, both the name and her disinterest in his presence.

“You know I would like for you to call me by my first name,”

“Yeah and I’m sure people in hell ‘would like’ a glass of iced cold water, doubt they gonna get it.” He chuckled at this response as he took the seat in front of her and beside Maria, who was standing and making to leave.

“Well I have to go, do…some…thing. Catch. Ya laters Nina, bye Michael.” Nina only rolled her eyes at her friend, and made a mental note to kill her later for ditching her. The two remaining forms sat silently for a few moments before one finally spoke.

“I heard about what happened yesterday, can’t believe James did that shit, the team got together after we heard and he’s been suspended for the rest of the season.” Nina looked at him for the first time, placing her hand to her heart and giving a mock, shocked stare.

“Heavens you mean he won’t get to play the last ‘TWO’ games, oh don’t you think that’s a bit harsh.” She said rolling her eyes back to where they were and folding her arms across her abdomen.

“Hey it’s all we could do…”

“Yeah, and who exactly asked you to do anything, I handled it.”

“Yeah I saw the cast on his hand…”

“Just his hand, damn thought for sure I broke his wrist too.” She cut him off genuinely disappointed.

“You are something else you know that, Nina, think that’s why I like you so much, you speak your mind and don’t model yourself after the rest of the drones around here. So, you know there’s a dance this Friday and…”

“No.” She spoke out point blank.

“Yeah there really is and I …”

“ I meant ‘no’ I’m not going and if I was, ‘no’ I’d never go with you.”

“Why not me, what have I ever done to you anyway.”

“You were born,” She said as she now stood to leave, knowing the bell was about to ring for the end of lunch. “Don’t take it personal, I dislike you purely on a genetic level.” She said as she turned and walked off.

“Now why would I take ‘that’ personal, you hating me for something I have no control over.” He yelled after her as she kept walking as if she hadn’t heard him at all. He sat there a few moments more contemplating what it was gonna take to get in her good graces.





You must login () to review.