Special Dedication
Thank you, Layde, Panther, Creed, Ororo, who spend hours in chat with me researching and finding the perfect Goddess/Name for this fic, you guys are the best.



“Before man walked the Earth and before Time had any meaning, this realm was the playground of Gods, here was their arena to settle grudges, seek revenge and to conquer. It is here and in that time that the terror of Phoenix began.

She was not always known as the Phoenix and this is our saving grace. Long before she was taken and put into Greek mythology she belonged to the Egyptians and she was called Bennu. Bennu lived in the sanctuary of Heliopolis and was worshipped alongside Ra and Osiris. Every 500 years, the Bennu flew to the Sun Temple in and built a large funeral pyre of spices, where it rested, and allowed the sun's rays to consume it. From the ashes, a worm was born which grew into an adult Bennu by the end of the day. Much like the Greek mythological Phoenix, however, they do not tell the true tale, a tale of how she turned from such a beautiful majestic creature of life, rebirth to the instrument of death. How her love for a mere mortal nearly brought about the destruction of not only this planet, but the heavens itself.

And here my friend lies the key, our weapon to defeating the Phoenix and her name is Ayaba Ni Kua, though most know her better as Oya, powerful Yoruba Goddess of the Winds of Change; the Primeval Mother of Chaos; Queen of the Nine. Lightning, fire, tornadoes, earthquakes and storms of all kinds are ruled by Oya. Yes doesn’t she sound familiar?” Beast paused in his story as all eyes fell to the white haired Goddess sitting before them. “But let me finish my tale, so you can better understand.”





You must login () to review.