“So Hank theoretically, how would this work, how would we get Ororo’s body ready for Ayaba?” Scott continued on, causing Logan to growl in a low rumble.

“In case ya missed the clue Scooter, Ro said she aint interested.”

“I heard her, but she’ll come around, this is about Jean and she and Jean are like sisters, she’ll do it.”

“Look, I want Jeanie back too man, but not like this not at the expense of Ro.” Scott suspiciously narrowed his eyes at Logan.

“Don’t tell me you’ve gotta a thing for Ororo now, what Jean’s gone so you’ve moved on to the next best thing?”

“Fuck you.” Logan replied as he pushed his seat back and stood and then stalked from the room, where the others remained to discuss this new revelation.

~~~~

The rest of the week past quietly with Ororo avoiding Scott, Scott avoiding Logan and hounding Hank about his progress with his Ayaba theory, and Logan watching both Ororo and Scoot from a distance.

Down in MedLab:

Scott rushed in the doors as Hank looked down at his watch. “You are right on time Scott.” He said as he turned to face the man standing before him with his hands deep in his pocket.

“You got anything new?” Scott asked not caring to make small talk. Hank’s head bowed a bit as he let out a heavy sigh and nodded.

“Yes, but I am afraid it is not good. I have discovered my Ayaba theory will not be a possibility.”

“Why the hell not, the other day you were so sure it would work and you have what you believe is the original incantation to perform the resurrection.” Scott roared a bit louder then he had intended as he threw his hands in the air in frustration.

“I am afraid I misread an important step in the process, which theoretically would still work, but…”

“But what?” Scott said cutting him off as he leaned over his desk.

“But Logan was correct, I want to save Jean but not at the expense of Ororo, and if we were to use the resurrection of Ayaba to stop the Phoenix, it would mean the end of Ororo.”

“Why?”

“It seems there came a new breed of worshippers of Ayaba, those who wrote this resurrection spell. They made offerings to Ayaba, blood sacrifices, it was believed the more gruesome the display, the more pleased Ayaba would be, and the incantation I have keeps with this tradition, in order for this resurrection to occur, Ororo would have to die in a very bloody manner to satisfy the spirit of Ayaba. This is the only way to ready Ororo’s body for possession to make it clean in Ayaba’s eyes. And that is a boundary I am not willing to cross, are you my friend?”

~Will continue this tomorrow...stay tuned~





You must login () to review.